[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Igabod on December 17, 2014, 12:17:07 AM
I might be able to whip up a compatibility patch soon. I'll put it on my list of things to do.

[edit to add] I made a quick edit to make the pine trees drop pine logs. There is no already existing log in Extended Woodworking for any of the other trees I have added though so those won't be in this. However, if ItchyFlea wants to incorporate this mod into his mod then I am all for it. We can even work together and come up with more sources of wood if that's something he is interested in. Anyway, the edited file is attached to this post now. Just open up the mod/defs/thingdefs/ folder and replace the file there with this one.

Thank you!   Since i'm the one asking I just posted on his thread about the idea.  I understand in general how to add the log definitiions but not specifics and i'm no artist lol

Plymouth

Igabod, do you need any help with spriting?
I may be able to make everything look much more Vanilla-esque.
Add me on skype if interested in giving me some work to do:
plymouth1111(my skype login)

Igabod

Quote from: Plymouth on December 17, 2014, 10:07:42 PM
Igabod, do you need any help with spriting?
I may be able to make everything look much more Vanilla-esque.
Add me on skype if interested in giving me some work to do:
plymouth1111(my skype login)

I don't use skype, but we can communicate on this thread or via private messages on here. But really all my textures are free for anybody to modify and improve. Just post them on here or send me a download link via PMs if you prefer. I'll gladly take any improved versions or even pointers on how I can improve my own abilities since I've only been doing this a couple months.

Demonlord091

The Image says it all. Do I really need to say what the problem is?  :P

I would assume this is from your mod, since the vanilla trees seem to be functional. There are 2 screenshots of the log that might pertain to this issue, so I may have to double post in order to show them.   :(

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Demonlord091

Quote from: Demonlord091 on December 18, 2014, 03:41:57 AM

I would assume this is from your mod, since the vanilla trees seem to be functional. There are 2 screenshots of the log that might pertain to this issue, so I may have to double post in order to show them.   :(

I did warn you.  :P

Igabod

Some of those (the yellow messages) look like errors in my first version for alpha 8. I've since corrected those and released a new version though. Download version 3.0 if you aren't using it already. The ones in red have nothing to do with my mod though. Headspike is one of the ones mentioned as is MoreDeco.

[edit to add] Also, make sure you delete the old folder for this mod before you unzip the new version. I've made some changes to the XML files names so if you have the old one as well as the new one you'll get some problems.

skullywag

Woops did i forget to remove a call to the thermite bomb....ill get right on that....later
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Demonlord091 on December 18, 2014, 03:41:57 AM

I've had this happen more than once on load of a save.   for some reason exiting the game, reloading and then the save works fine.. lol

Plymouth

I'll contribute to this mod

One question though. What are the "Plant pots" supposed to look like?

john pretzel

Demonlord091

Quote from: Igabod on December 18, 2014, 03:51:17 AM
Some of those (the yellow messages) look like errors in my first version for alpha 8. I've since corrected those and released a new version though. Download version 3.0 if you aren't using it already. The ones in red have nothing to do with my mod though. Headspike is one of the ones mentioned as is MoreDeco.

[edit to add] Also, make sure you delete the old folder for this mod before you unzip the new version. I've made some changes to the XML files names so if you have the old one as well as the new one you'll get some problems.

Replaced whatever I had before with 3.0, started game, same problem.  Save, quit, wait a minute, start game, load file. Still there.

Any other ideas? I'd like to be able to use this mod.
Could it be a problem with the Rain Forest area?

Nevermind, it's like that for all Biomes.

Igabod

Quote from: Demonlord091 on December 18, 2014, 06:00:03 PM
Replaced whatever I had before with 3.0, started game, same problem.  Save, quit, wait a minute, start game, load file. Still there.

Any other ideas? I'd like to be able to use this mod.
Could it be a problem with the Rain Forest area?

Nevermind, it's like that for all Biomes.

The only thing I can think of is that it's a compatibility issue with one of the other mods you're using. Try running this mod by itself and then add in mods one by one until you can replicate the problem. I don't think it's a problem with the mod itself because it works great for me and others. If you can figure out which mod is causing the conflicts then I might be able to correct it.

Quote from: Plymouth on December 18, 2014, 11:26:07 AM
I'll contribute to this mod

One question though. What are the "Plant pots" supposed to look like?

The square ones in my mod are just supposed to be square flower pots. If you can make one that looks more like a flower pot than what I did then please do. I was going for something sorta like this:

Demonlord091

Disabled everything except the Core and your mod, started a new file, same problem.

Got any other ideas rattling around in there? Or is this going to be one of those mods that just refuses to work for some people.  :(

Igabod

are you trying to play on the largest map size? cause that seems to be a problem for at least 1 other person. I've never had problems with it on large map sizes, but your computer might just not be able to handle loading all of those images.

Demonlord091

I've tried the Large maps and the Medium maps.

Also my current PC has an i7 processor and a Titan Black Video Card, so I think it should be able to handle the fancy images.  :o

Anything else?