[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Igabod

I'm all out of ideas for the moment. I'll see if I can't figure it out. The last thing I can think of right now though is maybe you are opening the mod menu and then closing it and just starting a game immediately without quitting to OS and restarting it. If anybody else can think of some reason why this might be happening please share.

Demonlord091

Looks like your last idea did the trick, all your fancy trees are showing up now.  ;D

Thanks for the advice, I was actually starting to think it wouldn't work.  :o

Such a simple solution too.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

hah, yeah, that was the last thing I thought of because it's just habit for me to close the game out completely every time I open the mods menu. It's a bug in the game itself that has been there for a long time but since there is a simple workaround I guess it's not high on Tynan's list of things to fix. Glad you got it to work though! Just be aware that in a few days there will be a new update with (currently) 2 extra trees, 1 more flower, some wild and seedless grapes and a wine production line. Plus anything else I manage to come up with between now and getting the .dll for the wine production thing working.

john pretzel

I was going to report some missing textures but after a restart and mod on/off I got it working too.

Demonlord091

Wine eh? I'm sure you remember JuliaEllies's Rumworld. Maybe something left in that rather dead mod could be used for your shiny new one.  ;)

Keep up the good work.

Igabod

Quote from: Demonlord091 on December 18, 2014, 09:52:00 PM
Wine eh? I'm sure you remember JuliaEllies's Rumworld. Maybe something left in that rather dead mod could be used for your shiny new one.  ;)

Keep up the good work.

Indeed I do, that's what inspired me to do the wine production mod. I've got a fairly interesting feature in mine that wasn't in hers though, not counting the grapes. That info will be released when the mod is released though. Or if you still have an Alpha 7 build saved to your computer you can try out the sneak peek of it in my A7 mod named Igabod's Mods which is currently linked in my signature.

[edit to add] also, JuliaEllie is already mentioned (among others) in my credits for the next build of this mod as the inspiration for the wine mod. Which in turn inspired me to drink a lot of wine for a couple weeks there.

Demonlord091

Quote from: Igabod on December 18, 2014, 09:58:53 PM
Quote from: Demonlord091 on December 18, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

Keep up the good work.

Indeed I do, that's what inspired me to do the wine production mod. I've got a fairly interesting feature in mine that wasn't in hers though, not counting the grapes. That info will be released when the mod is released though. Or if you still have an Alpha 7 build saved to your computer you can try out the sneak peek of it in my A7 mod named Igabod's Mods which is currently linked in my signature.

I might just do that. Think I have a copy of it stuffed onto a portable hard-drive around here somewhere.

Lots of random junk is not always a good thing.  :(

Xfortran

Can you think of any reason why Xtra plants is causing stuttering in 400x400 maps?

I did try a colony or two at 350x350 and did not notice a stutter in them.

Igabod

Quote from: Xfortran on December 19, 2014, 12:14:05 AM
Can you think of any reason why Xtra plants is causing stuttering in 400x400 maps?

I did try a colony or two at 350x350 and did not notice a stutter in them.

I don't think it's Xtra Plants per se. The 400x400 map is not optimized at all and may cause performance issues on some machines. I notice it doing that even without my mod installed sometimes. Though when there are so many different images to load, which is the case when you have xtra plants activated, your machine is going to struggle even more to keep up.

Xfortran

Okay.  I kind of wondered if that might be the case.  I noticed that if I create the map without Xtra Plants and then add it in later, it doesn't cause the stuttering which would indicate as you said, the images.

Raufgar

Great mod, love the bananas :)

FYI, I did find an incompatibility though, with the Ice Sheet Biome Mod. With Xtra Trees activated, it totally overrides access to the Ice Sheet Biome as a embark location. Understand that Ice Sheet biome won't have trees naturally of course :D Was planning on having your new trees in my greenhouses...
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Igabod

Quote from: Raufgar on December 21, 2014, 09:58:06 AM

FYI, I did find an incompatibility though, with the Ice Sheet Biome Mod. With Xtra Trees activated, it totally overrides access to the Ice Sheet Biome as a embark location. Understand that Ice Sheet biome won't have trees naturally of course :D Was planning on having your new trees in my greenhouses...

Load my mod first and then the icesheet mod. Should fix it.

[edit to add] if that doesn't work then I can always remove the Icesheet biome information from my biomes.xml file. I'll probably do that for the next release anyway though just to be on the safe side.

Raufgar

Quote from: Igabod on December 21, 2014, 07:52:25 PM
Quote from: Raufgar on December 21, 2014, 09:58:06 AM

Load my mod first and then the icesheet mod. Should fix it.

[edit to add] if that doesn't work then I can always remove the Icesheet biome information from my biomes.xml file. I'll probably do that for the next release anyway though just to be on the safe side.

Will test that and let you know, was wondering if it was due to load order, I had Ice Sheet loaded first :) Thanks for the advice.

EDIT : Yup, it was the load order, thanks Igabod. Now I have Bananas in the Artic :)
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Le707Warrior

Well most likely it's a bug with either my computer [the graphics card is pretty bad, I mean I run RW at 15-20 FPS normally] or just the fact that I have.. alot.. of mods but playing in the 'Snowy' biomes [Tundra; Boreal], the ironwood tree's don't seem to change texture going into Winter. Also, I restarted my computer because I was out of town for a few days and now the textures won't load for any of the custom plants or the Sunflower seeds  :-\ It sucks because this is a really great mod and wish that I could play it, but I'd rather not risk corrupting a new world so I have it disabled for the moment. I'd also like to see new plants such as new fruit bushes and maybe a seperate mod that could add some new plant life? RimWorld is kind of lacking in that department [to my own standards].

Well, I'm sort of turning this into a complaint into a request.. oh silly me. Better post this before I start typing for hours on end...

Igabod

Quote from: Le707Warrior on December 22, 2014, 08:03:19 AM
Well most likely it's a bug with either my computer [the graphics card is pretty bad, I mean I run RW at 15-20 FPS normally] or just the fact that I have.. alot.. of mods but playing in the 'Snowy' biomes [Tundra; Boreal], the ironwood tree's don't seem to change texture going into Winter. Also, I restarted my computer because I was out of town for a few days and now the textures won't load for any of the custom plants or the Sunflower seeds  :-\ It sucks because this is a really great mod and wish that I could play it, but I'd rather not risk corrupting a new world so I have it disabled for the moment. I'd also like to see new plants such as new fruit bushes and maybe a seperate mod that could add some new plant life? RimWorld is kind of lacking in that department [to my own standards].

Well, I'm sort of turning this into a complaint into a request.. oh silly me. Better post this before I start typing for hours on end...

Are you using version 3.0? I believe I fixed the ironwoods not going leafless in that version. If not then it's already fixed for 4.0 which I hope to release in a few days. That release will also include more trees and more flowers as well as wild grape vines that will grow wild. I've also added a seedless grape vine building that automatically produces 10 seedless grapes every 5 days and isn't actually a plant so it isn't effected by weather or anything.

As for the textures not showing up, did you maybe open the mods screen and then start a new game without completely exiting the game and restarting it? If so then you should know that is a bug in the vanilla game files and can't be fixed on my end. You just have to not open the mods screen without restarting the game to avoid that bug.