[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Loki88

Ha ha, no alien plants :p I'm just more getting at how many kinds of plants you would like because after holidays are over I can supply a larger volume of textures and even code just by using your sunflower as a base. I just don't want to get annoying or step on toes. (I've thought of another plant to add that I feel fits with this thus far)

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 09:14:36 AM
Ha ha, no alien plants :p I'm just more getting at how many kinds of plants you would like because after holidays are over I can supply a larger volume of textures and even code just by using your sunflower as a base. I just don't want to get annoying or step on toes. (I've thought of another plant to add that I feel fits with this thus far)

Ugh... I just typed out a long reply and then accidentally hit the back button on my mouse when I grabbed it to post the message. The summary is, alien plant life is fine as long as it is scientifically plausible that it is an evolved form of Earth plants. And the biomes that have the least amount of plants currently is what I'd like to focus on right now rather than Temperate and Rainforest biome plants. So Desert and Arid Shrubland type plants are needed the most right now. I'm not sure what the final count of plants will be but I don't want so many that it lags out the game too much on loading.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on December 25, 2014, 09:45:43 AM

Ugh... I just typed out a long reply and then accidentally hit the back button on my mouse when I grabbed it to post the message. The summary is, alien plant life is fine as long as it is scientifically plausible that it is an evolved form of Earth plants. And the biomes that have the least amount of plants currently is what I'd like to focus on right now rather than Temperate and Rainforest biome plants. So Desert and Arid Shrubland type plants are needed the most right now. I'm not sure what the final count of plants will be but I don't want so many that it lags out the game too much on loading.

Roger that! Desert, boreal, tundra and scrubland it is then

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 10:02:43 AM

Tundra doesn't really need more plants. There's not much plant life in Tundra biomes.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on December 25, 2014, 10:10:26 AM
Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 10:02:43 AM

Tundra doesn't really need more plants. There's not much plant life in Tundra biomes.

OK. Is there a way to make certain plants spawn on marsh tiles only?

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 10:58:07 AM
OK. Is there a way to make certain plants spawn on marsh tiles only?

Nope, unfortunately not. It would be nice though if you could set a specific terrain type for plants to grow on. Maybe in a future alpha...

Match

Quote from: Igabod on December 25, 2014, 03:53:02 AM
Quote from: Match on December 25, 2014, 03:41:18 AM
Hey Iga, thanks for the mod! Would it be possible to include a fast floors version? I know it wouldn't be much work for me to go alter the .xml but I imagine that some other people are uncomfortable editing themselves.

I already made a Fast Floors mod... are you saying you want it combined with this mod? That's not going to happen. This mod is only for plants and plant related things. The Fast Floors mod works perfectly fine when it is activated at the same time as this one so I don't really see any point to your request. Unless I misunderstood you or something. But just in case you didn't know, Here is the Fast Floors mod

Doh!!! Yeah, I had a bit of a brain fail earlier. I forgot that the woodworking aspect of your trees was Itchyflea's and another mod entirely. Having both of your mods, fastfloors and xtra plants mod, I was confused why ironwood, pine, et. al, floors only featured a normal walking speed. (Yeah... my bad)

Anywho, thank you for your hardwork!

Igabod

ah, yeah the pine floors are in Extended Woodworking. If you want those to have the same speed boosts as the generic wood floors in my fast floors mod you should ask ItchyFlea. Or you can just add the <pathcost>-3</pathcost> line onto those floors yourself using my fast floors mod as a guide on where to put it.

mrofa

Would it be possible to make plants that live in temperatures lower than 0?
All i do is clutter all around.

Igabod

Quote from: mrofa on December 26, 2014, 11:58:37 AM
Would it be possible to make plants that live in temperatures lower than 0?

Unfortunately it's not yet. I did post a request for Tynan to make that possible but don't know whether or not he has seen it. As soon as he makes it possible I have a lot of plans for plants that only grow between certain temperatures.

Igabod

The long awaited version 4.0 is now available. Loads of additions and changes to file names etc. so please delete the previous XtraPlants directory before you unzip and install the new version.

Added new trees:

Camellia
   Japanese Maple

Added new flowers:

Pink Rimstalk - by Viperlol

Added new plants:

Wild Grape Vine (produce wild grapes)
   Seedless Grape Vine (not an actual plant, a building that automatically produces seedless grapes every 5 days.)

Added new foods:

Wild Grapes (also useful for making low quality wine)
   Seedless Grapes (also useful for making high quality wine)
   Berry Wine (lowest quality wine, made from berries)
   Low Quality Wine (made from wild grapes)
   High Quality Wine (made from seedless grapes)

Added new resources:

Grape Seed (used to construct Seedless Grape Vines)

Added new work tables:

Wine Press (used to press berries and grapes into wine)

Textures replaced or added to:

Bamboo - by Loki88
   Seedless Grape Vine - by Plymouth
   Sunflower - by Loki88

Miscellaneous changes:

Some plants no longer get destroyed when harvested.
   Various balance tweaks.
   Minor changes to reduce file size.
   Several bugs fixed, one particularly frustrating one which delayed this release quite a bit.

Loki88

Yes! Glad this version is up. Now if only I could get the other mods to play nicely with each other like this one does...

harpo99999

igabod, when I clicked on the here link in the op (for the extended woodworking patch) it takes me to a forbidden page, you might want to correct it to a public accessable area rather than a testers only area(assumed it was in the testers area as I am not a tester)

Loki88

Holy Freaking uber food batman! the sunflower seeds stack up to 150 now AND they don't spoil?!?!?! :o

ItchyFlea

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 28, 2014, 07:14:23 PM
igabod, when I clicked on the here link in the op (for the extended woodworking patch) it takes me to a forbidden page, you might want to correct it to a public accessable area rather than a testers only area(assumed it was in the testers area as I am not a tester)
I updated the patch after he released the new version.
The new version of the patch can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/28d9wbh1t0d7x82/A8_EW_-_XP_-_ComPatch_v1.11.7z

To update the patch, go into the game and deactivate the current version of the patch. Quit the game and delete it from the mods folder. Unzip the updated from you got from the link above and activate it in game as usual.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created