[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Igabod

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 28, 2014, 07:14:23 PM
igabod, when I clicked on the here link in the op (for the extended woodworking patch) it takes me to a forbidden page, you might want to correct it to a public accessable area rather than a testers only area(assumed it was in the testers area as I am not a tester)

Sorry about that. The link has been updated with ItchyFlea's new patch now.

Quote from: Loki88 on December 28, 2014, 10:52:05 PM
Holy Freaking uber food batman! the sunflower seeds stack up to 150 now AND they don't spoil?!?!?! :o

Yes, they do stack more and they don't spoil. I thought it was a bit silly that you could only store 75 sunflower seeds in the same space that you can store 75 banana's or whatever. They provide less nutrition however so you have to eat more of them in a sitting than before. And since sunflower seeds don't spoil in real life I figured it was better to not have them spoil on here. I may end up having to reduce the nutritional value of the seeds again for further balancing later, but I'm going to keep them stacking at 150 and not spoiling.

And thanks to ItchyFlea for getting a new patch out so quickly for the Extended Woodworking compatibility.

Loki88

I wasn't complaining about the sunflower seeds. Just gives me another reason to love the sunflowers  :P

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Igabod on December 29, 2014, 01:03:06 AM
Sorry about that. The link has been updated with ItchyFlea's new patch now.
Yeah about that.... I have since taken done the link I PM'd to you as I'd broken it slightly. :-[
The new link is this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/28d9wbh1t0d7x82/A8_EW_-_XP_-_ComPatch_v1.11.7z
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Igabod

Ok, link updated. I enjoy this game of musical links for some reason. lol

killergold88

The extended woodworking appears to only yield "Generic Wood" when cutting the new trees. I can see the new options in the floors and so on, but i can only yield "Generic Wood"

ItchyFlea

Quote from: killergold88 on December 30, 2014, 05:06:09 AM
The extended woodworking appears to only yield "Generic Wood" when cutting the new trees. I can see the new options in the floors and so on, but i can only yield "Generic Wood"
Did you activate the compatibility patch/mod after activating Extended Woodworking and Xtra Plants?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Igabod

Quote from: killergold88 on December 30, 2014, 05:06:09 AM

The only things I can think of that would cause this are if you only had the previous version of the patch which was just updated a couple hours after this mod added the new trees.

Or if you had the mods loaded in the wrong order. Suggested order to activate them is XtraTrees, Extended Woodworking, then the patch. I suggest using the EdB Mod Order mod to make it easier to be sure they are loaded in the right order.

And my final piece of advice (though this doesn't seem to be a problem in this case) is to always make sure whenever you open the mods menu in the game to exit to OS and restart the game completely before beginning to play. Even if you don't make any changes to the mods selected or anything. This is a bug within the vanilla game itself.

If none of my suggestions worked then you should direct further questions to ItchyFlea since he is the one who made the patch available. I've only provided a link to it.

StalkerCZ

Yoo .. Amazing .. i realy like your idea of wine .. :) could you add some stat ability to drunk wine .. some like increase a little bit morale .. or calm down mindfuck " mental brake " ?? if you want guys i could give you some of my textures i also want to make something like that but dont have to much tuime. i could add you some textures .. :) what about wheet and beer :)  :P send me a PM if you are interested ..
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Igabod

Quote from: StalkerCZ on December 31, 2014, 07:12:09 AM
Yoo .. Amazing .. i realy like your idea of wine .. :) could you add some stat ability to drunk wine .. some like increase a little bit morale .. or calm down mindfuck " mental brake " ?? if you want guys i could give you some of my textures i also want to make something like that but dont have to much tuime. i could add you some textures .. :) what about wheet and beer :)  :P send me a PM if you are interested ..

The wine already gives a bit of a morale boost. I'm probably not going to add wheat and beer because there are already 2 mods which add wheat and I prefer not to create conflicts between mods. I may expand the alcohol to include other forms later, but that will be after I focus on plants more. This is after all the xtra plants mod and not the alcohol mod. I just added wine in because I wanted to add grapes and it would be a crying shame if you couldn't make wine out of the grapes. However, if someone wants to take the grapes and whole wine making portion of this mod and expand upon that themselves as a separate Alcohol themed mod then I'm all for it as long as they let me know and preferably put a link back to this thread on their original post.

Igabod

I figured I would release a short list of my plans for the future of this mod. Keep in mind that this isn't EVERYTHING I plan on adding, but these are the main priorities for the next few releases.

I have it sort of organized. The number in the parenthesis at the beginning of each item is the priority in which I hope to do it. This is also a rough idea of how long it will be till said feature is released. A (1) is top priority and will probably be in the next update. A (4) is lowest priority and will be added at some point but probably not within the next 3 updates.

Some of these items may get moved up or down in priority as I go, but this is really just to give you guys an idea of what to expect. Also, if you are wanting to contribute to these projects in the form of textures or ready-made XML then this gives you an idea of what I'm looking for the most. This also gives you the opportunity to convince me that a certain feature should be moved up in priority or to suggest additions to the features before they get made. Anyway, without any further ado.

Planned Changes:

(1)Olive Tree
(1)Olives Raw Food
(1)Sugarcane Plant
(1)Sugarcane Raw Food
(1)Cherry Tree
(1)Cherries Raw Food
(2)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(2)Olive Oil raw resource
(2)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource
(2)Gourmet Dinner recipe (requires 5 of either olive oil or sunflower seed oil, 5 veg, 5 meat)
(3)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(3)Lemonade Drink
(3)Limeade Drink
(3)Cherry Juice Drink
(3)Grape Juice Drink
(3)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(4)Pie Oven
(4)Lemon Pie recipe (sugar and lemons and either olive oil or sunflower seed oil)
(4)Lime Pie recipe (same as above with limes instead of lemons)
(4)Cherry Pie recipe (same as above with cherries instead)
(4)Banana Pie recipe (same with bananas)
(4)Berry Pie recipe (same with berries)
(4)Grape Pie recipe (same with grapes)
(4)More alcohol types to be determined later.

Lightbulb500

Love the mod, and those planned additions look great!  :D

Just wanted to point out a small annoyance that the counter on the grape vine resets on a game load. Just a small thing and I'm not sure if can be helped, just thought I should mention it.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on December 31, 2014, 10:32:51 AM
I figured I would release a short list of my plans for the future of this mod. Keep in mind that this isn't EVERYTHING I plan on adding, but these are the main priorities for the next few releases.

I have it sort of organized. The number in the parenthesis at the beginning of each item is the priority in which I hope to do it. This is also a rough idea of how long it will be till said feature is released. A (1) is top priority and will probably be in the next update. A (4) is lowest priority and will be added at some point but probably not within the next 3 updates.

Some of these items may get moved up or down in priority as I go, but this is really just to give you guys an idea of what to expect. Also, if you are wanting to contribute to these projects in the form of textures or ready-made XML then this gives you an idea of what I'm looking for the most. This also gives you the opportunity to convince me that a certain feature should be moved up in priority or to suggest additions to the features before they get made. Anyway, without any further ado.

Planned Changes:

(1)Olive Tree
(1)Olives Raw Food
(1)Sugarcane Plant
(1)Sugarcane Raw Food
(1)Cherry Tree
(1)Cherries Raw Food
(2)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(2)Olive Oil raw resource
(2)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource
(2)Gourmet Dinner recipe (requires 5 of either olive oil or sunflower seed oil, 5 veg, 5 meat)
(3)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(3)Lemonade Drink
(3)Limeade Drink
(3)Cherry Juice Drink
(3)Grape Juice Drink
(3)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(4)Pie Oven
(4)Lemon Pie recipe (sugar and lemons and either olive oil or sunflower seed oil)
(4)Lime Pie recipe (same as above with limes instead of lemons)
(4)Cherry Pie recipe (same as above with cherries instead)
(4)Banana Pie recipe (same with bananas)
(4)Berry Pie recipe (same with berries)
(4)Grape Pie recipe (same with grapes)
(4)More alcohol types to be determined later.

Anything in the ones or twos that you don't have work already in progress for that I can herpa-derp around with? (duplicating work seems silly so I'm asking before I do anything)

StalkerCZ

Hell yeah .. i realy like yoh guys.. thumbs up.. send me pm if you want some textures.. :)  it will be cool if you im0lant alcohol to the game .. helps in 9perations .. and weapon making and more ...
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on December 31, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
Anything in the ones or twos that you don't have work already in progress for that I can herpa-derp around with? (duplicating work seems silly so I'm asking before I do anything)

I've done no work on anything on that list yet. I've done no work on this mod since fixing that annoying bug except to add in a plant that was done by Telkir but he decided he wasn't going to use it. I've been working on a new addition to my advanced lamps mod recently and helping Shinzy update Apparello. If you want to do anything on the list and send it in then by all means go ahead. I will probably not get a start on anything on that list for a couple days still. In the 2's pretty much everything is done already, I'm just going to re-color textures I've already done. Though the Oil Press is something for which I haven't decided on a design. That and the Juicer Machine are still undecided yet. Any thoughts on good designs for either would be welcome as would any textures of what you think they should look like.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on December 31, 2014, 06:19:27 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on December 31, 2014, 03:36:40 PM

I've done no work on anything on that list yet. I've done no work on this mod since fixing that annoying bug except to add in a plant that was done by Telkir but he decided he wasn't going to use it. I've been working on a new addition to my advanced lamps mod recently and helping Shinzy update Apparello. If you want to do anything on the list and send it in then by all means go ahead. I will probably not get a start on anything on that list for a couple days still. In the 2's pretty much everything is done already, I'm just going to re-color textures I've already done. Though the Oil Press is something for which I haven't decided on a design. That and the Juicer Machine are still undecided yet. Any thoughts on good designs for either would be welcome as would any textures of what you think they should look like.

Alright I will make a few things tonight when I'm back at my computer and pm them to you unless you want them sent through here. Want their relevant .xmls updated? Or just their defs and leave the biome distribution up to you?