[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Igabod

PM or through here, either works just fine. And it would probably be easiest for me to just add the XML code to the files myself so that I know exactly where I put it and don't need to go searching for it. And I'm probably going to tinker around with the distribution rates of whatever you provide quite a lot before I settle on something that looks right so don't worry about doing that part of it.

Igabod

I made an Olive tree today. I'm probably not going to do any more additions today, just more tweaks to the numbers of trees. So I figured I'd give you guys the updated changes list. Also, there is a peek at the Olive tree I did today in the attachments.

Planned Changes:

(1)Olive Tree DONE still taking submissions for textures
(1)Olives Raw Food DONE
(1)Sugarcane Plant
(1)Sugarcane Raw Food
(1)Cherry Tree
(1)Cherries Raw Food
(2)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(2)Olive Oil raw resource STARTED
(2)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource STARTED
(2)Gourmet Dinner recipe (requires 5 of either olive oil or sunflower seed oil, 5 veg, 5 meat)
(3)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(3)Lemonade Drink
(3)Limeade Drink
(3)Cherry Juice Drink
(3)Grape Juice Drink
(3)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(4)Pie Oven
(4)Lemon Pie recipe (sugar and lemons and either olive oil or sunflower seed oil)
(4)Lime Pie recipe (same as above with limes instead of lemons)
(4)Cherry Pie recipe (same as above with cherries instead)
(4)Banana Pie recipe (same with bananas)
(4)Berry Pie recipe (same with berries)
(4)Grape Pie recipe (same with grapes)
(4)More alcohol types to be determined later.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Loki88

Your olive tree looks nicer than mine so out the window that goes :P I've got sugar done, plant and food. Will send it your way when I get back to the computer (on tablet right now)

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 02, 2015, 07:31:20 PM
Your olive tree looks nicer than mine so out the window that goes :P I've got sugar done, plant and food. Will send it your way when I get back to the computer (on tablet right now)

I was pleasantly surprised with the Olive tree actually. That was my 2nd attempt and I was frustrated that it wasn't coming out the way I wanted. So I went to click the eraser to just erase it all and start over but accidentally clicked the blur tool instead and when I clicked on it using the largest brush size it made all the screwed up looking parts vanish. So I got friendly with the blur tool on this one and used it for the foliage too after I got the trunk looking all gnarly and rough looking but not striped like it was before the blur tool. So it was a happy accident that it came out looking that way. I'm not as happy with the foliage part as I could be, the trunk took a lot of space out of the 64x64 square so the leaves aren't as puffy as I wanted on the sides and top. I may end up doing a slightly larger image size just so I can get that just right and then do an overdraw or maybe just let the game shrink the image slightly so it fits. I'll play around with that more tomorrow though. My arthritis is acting up so I cut my GIMP session short today.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on January 02, 2015, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on January 02, 2015, 07:31:20 PM

I was pleasantly surprised with the Olive tree actually. That was my 2nd attempt and I was frustrated that it wasn't coming out the way I wanted. So I went to click the eraser to just erase it all and start over but accidentally clicked the blur tool instead and when I clicked on it using the largest brush size it made all the screwed up looking parts vanish. So I got friendly with the blur tool on this one and used it for the foliage too after I got the trunk looking all gnarly and rough looking but not striped like it was before the blur tool. So it was a happy accident that it came out looking that way. I'm not as happy with the foliage part as I could be, the trunk took a lot of space out of the 64x64 square so the leaves aren't as puffy as I wanted on the sides and top. I may end up doing a slightly larger image size just so I can get that just right and then do an overdraw or maybe just let the game shrink the image slightly so it fits. I'll play around with that more tomorrow though. My arthritis is acting up so I cut my GIMP session short today.

The smudge tool and I are buddies now. the Ctrl and Z keys don't wanna talk to me any more though...

I may redo the plant to make it look more clumpy but I'm on the fence right now, any feedback is good :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

Quote from: Loki88 on January 02, 2015, 08:12:49 PM
The smudge tool and I are buddies now. the Ctrl and Z keys don't wanna talk to me any more though...

I may redo the plant to make it look more clumpy but I'm on the fence right now, any feedback is good :)

:'( (of happiness) I remember in Jamaica when I would eat sugarcane with my dad This I will grow massive amounts of it (also the food still has covering on it is this on purpose or not and if it is will you add a cooking recipe to remove the covering so that sugarcane can be a food?)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Loki88

Quote from: Dragoon on January 02, 2015, 08:28:45 PM

:'( (of happiness) I remember in Jamaica when I would eat sugarcane with my dad This I will grow massive amounts of it (also the food still has covering on it is this on purpose or not and if it is will you add a cooking recipe to remove the covering so that sugarcane can be a food?)

I did the food one that way to show it as if it had just been cut down and bundled. I figured it would get "processed" more during the cooking bit :P I hope you like the textures!  ;D

Igabod

I like those textures. It would be cool if you could do another version of the sugar cane which looks the same but has more stalks. And another with fewer stalks would be awesome as well. That way the fields will look more varied and slightly more realistic. I will definitely add those in after I get some sleep and check them out in-game. I got a start on making the cherry tree as well as the food. I'm very unsatisfied with the way the food came out though. I went with a jar of cherries but it looks too similar to the berry wine jar. I'll probably just go with the stereotypical two cherries on a stem icon for those but I will decide on that tomorrow. My eyes are burning now.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on January 02, 2015, 09:10:17 PM

I like those textures. It would be cool if you could do another version of the sugar cane which looks the same but has more stalks. And another with fewer stalks would be awesome as well. That way the fields will look more varied and slightly more realistic. I will definitely add those in after I get some sleep and check them out in-game. I got a start on making the cherry tree as well as the food. I'm very unsatisfied with the way the food came out though. I went with a jar of cherries but it looks too similar to the berry wine jar. I'll probably just go with the stereotypical two cherries on a stem icon for those but I will decide on that tomorrow. My eyes are burning now.

Will work on some extra sugar cane plants in the next few days. I might take a stab at making a basket of cherries (think vanilla berries but with a round basket and some juicy dark cherries instead of berries)

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Igabod

Loki88, I looked at your textures in the game and they look awesome. The sugar cane plants looked a bit small when set to the normal size ranges of other plants. But I increased the maximum size a bit so now it goes from very small to very tall in it's growth cycle, which looks great. The only criticism I might offer is that the outer skin of the harvested food item should be darkened just a bit.

In other news, I got the Cherry tree and cherry fruit in the game as well as Loki88's sugar cane. I still don't like the texture I made for the cherry fruit so I'll be redoing that. But everything worked fine.

Here is the updated list of planned changes:

(1)Olive Tree DONE still taking submissions for textures
(1)Olives Raw Food DONE
(1)Sugarcane Plant DONE
(1)Sugarcane Raw Food DONE
(1)Cherry Tree DONE
(1)Cherries Raw Food DONE but still needs a redone texture
(2)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(2)Olive Oil raw resource STARTED
(2)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource STARTED
(2)Gourmet Dinner recipe (requires 5 of either olive oil or sunflower seed oil, 5 veg, 5 meat)
(3)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(3)Lemonade Drink
(3)Limeade Drink
(3)Cherry Juice Drink
(3)Grape Juice Drink
(3)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(4)Pie Oven
(4)Lemon Pie recipe (sugar and lemons and either olive oil or sunflower seed oil)
(4)Lime Pie recipe (same as above with limes instead of lemons)
(4)Cherry Pie recipe (same as above with cherries instead)
(4)Banana Pie recipe (same with bananas)
(4)Berry Pie recipe (same with berries)
(4)Grape Pie recipe (same with grapes)
(4)More alcohol types to be determined later.

All that needs to be done before the next release now is the cherry fruit texture, any extra sugar cane textures Loki88 might provide, and some further testing and possible number tweaks. I've been doing a lot of work on balancing the number of each of the new plants lately. It's going to be a constant process for that though. Now I am going to dedicate the rest of my day to trying to fix my next Advanced Lamps update.

Loki88

Outter skin as in the whole thing to make it resemble the plant more closely, or outter perimeter to make it less blendy with the background? I just wanna make sure I'm fiddling with the right thing :P

Edit: I still want that oil press so freaking bad! You have a texture for it already?

Edited edit: I will provide more suger cane textures but it wont be till later tonight or possibly tomorrow.

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 03, 2015, 05:37:53 PM
Outter skin as in the whole thing to make it resemble the plant more closely, or outter perimeter to make it less blendy with the background? I just wanna make sure I'm fiddling with the right thing :P

Edit: I still want that oil press so freaking bad! You have a texture for it already?

Edited edit: I will provide more suger cane textures but it wont be till later tonight or possibly tomorrow.

skin of the stalk not the outline. just a couple shades darker brown should do it.

No texture for the press yet. But I've decided that it should be a 2x2 item (aka 128x128 pixels) and I'm probably going to go with one similar to the picture below. Top down angle for the texture though of course.

The only thing missing from this picture is the wooden pole that goes through the middle of the grind block and fits into the divot in the center of the basin.

[edit to add] No problem on the additional sugar cane textures. I'm not working on this mod anymore today. I'm still goofing around on youtube trying to procrastinate having to figure out the cause of the bug on my Advanced Lamps update.

Loki88

Quote[edit to add] No problem on the additional sugar cane textures. I'm not working on this mod anymore today. I'm still goofing around on youtube trying to procrastinate having to figure out the cause of the bug on my Advanced Lamps update.

What's the bug? Not like I'm actually useful in that endeavor but I like to pretend I could be one day!

Igabod

can't remember the exact wording right now, but something about it using the power net but not blah blah something something meshes blah. It's probably just me misusing one of the XML tags that I don't fully understand. I'll probably get started on it after I go run a quick errand.

[edit to add] The exact wording is UVHeatLamp connects to power but does not add to map mesh. Will not create wire meshes. It's only a warning, not an error.