[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Loki88

QuoteNo texture for the press yet. But I've decided that it should be a 2x2 item (aka 128x128 pixels) and I'm probably going to go with one similar to the picture below. Top down angle for the texture though of course.
The only thing missing from this picture is the wooden pole that goes through the middle of the grind block and fits into the divot in the center of the basin.

"T" shaped piece so that the wheel rolls around the groove? This thing seams to be asking for an animation... How in the world does one do that? Lemme guess... A .dll ?...

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 03, 2015, 07:20:14 PM
"T" shaped piece so that the wheel rolls around the groove? This thing seams to be asking for an animation... How in the world does one do that? Lemme guess... A .dll ?...

Actually I believe that particular one just had a straight wooden pole in it at an angle. A person would then grab the end of the pole and walk around the bin portion while pushing the pole which rolls the big grind block around on top of the olives which squeezes the oil out of them.

I agree that it would be totally awesome with an animation, but that would definitely require a .dll.

Loki88

Bam, Sugar cane. I haven't tried the oil press yet, want me to give it a go or work on something else?

Edit: The food is hard to fiddle with the colours on. It's a weird red/ brown combo and going darker it wants to turn a gross brown colour... I hope you like them, I spent about half an hour and some Canadian Club on them :P

Edited Edit: Youtube needs a loop function. If it has it I need to find it...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Loki88

weeellllll it's 3:30 in the morning here so Imma call it a night and hope you like those sugar textures....

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 06, 2015, 03:36:01 AM
weeellllll it's 3:30 in the morning here so Imma call it a night and hope you like those sugar textures....

Those look great. Not sure about the food item yet cause I haven't seen it in-game just yet. But I'll do a quick test run of it after I finish waking up. If you want to try the oil press then please do. I am very bad with making circles, even with the circle making tools on GIMP, mine always come out looking wrong. Even my wine press took about an hour of fixing it just to get it to look as crappy as it does.

Loki88

Is it possible to make plants really tall by making the texture 64x128 or would the game just squish it into one cell and make it look all derpy?

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 06, 2015, 11:23:18 AM
Is it possible to make plants really tall by making the texture 64x128 or would the game just squish it into one cell and make it look all derpy?

I can make plants really tall even if they are 64x64. With plants there is the visualSizeRange tag in which you can adjust how much they grow. I could make a plant not grow at all just by setting the min to 1.0 and the max to 1.0. That way the plant would be the exact same size it was drawn. If I set the max up to 1.5 (like I did with the sugar cane) then when it is 100% grown it will be 50% larger than the actual size. I think if you made a 64x128 image it would just shrink the image down to a 64x64 image and therefore be distorted. I haven't actually experimented with this though so I could be wrong. I think that I can add the overdraw tag onto it so that the image isn't altered but it still only takes 1 tile up. I'm not sure if that works on plants or not though. But if you look at the pine trees, they are set to a size range of 1.3 min and 3.0 max. The smallest pine tree you ever see on the map is actually bigger than the image that was drawn. Do you think that would be suitable for what you were looking for? Before trying the overdraw method or image size changes I'd try fiddling with that size range number a bit and seeing if you can achieve the results you were looking for.

Loki88

It's just me being peculiar... The shortness of the bamboo has been bothering me since some bamboos (especially ones used for timber) grow extremely tall. Exceptionally certain species have been recorded at over 130 feet tall. Something that tall though would probably overlap the cell above it and possibly the one above that.

I'm gonna start on that press now but I don't know if I'll get anywhere useful before I have to go to work.

Igabod

Update 4.1 is out folks! Here's a breakdown on what all has been done.

Added plants:

Nymph Hair bush, texture by Telkir
   Olive Tree
   Cherry Tree
   Sugar Cane, textures by Loki88

Added foods:

Olives (+1 mood boost)
   Cherries (+2 mood boost)
   Raw Sugar Cane (+3 mood boost), texture by Loki88

Other changes:

Made Grape Seed purchaseable at traders since wild grapes aren't always easy to come by in all maps.
   Grass is now grow-able in growing zones.
   Tweaked numbers of various plants in all biomes.
   Increased stack size maximum of all fruits smaller in size than limes to 150.
   Increased stack size max of various other items as well.
   Tweaked nutrition value of several of the foods to reflect both their size and nutrition content in real life.
   Tweaked market value of some items just a bit. More adjustment may be necessary for some things. Wine making is now a viable means of making money.

This will be the last update for at least a week. I've got a lot of things going on right now so I won't have as much time to work on mods for just a little while. No worries though, I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to be updating my mods for a long time to come.

Loki88

Since you're going on a one week hiatus from updates I may take the opportunity to try and learn how to animate objects with a .dll... (I don't expect it to be too fruitful, but hey, I might get lucky!)

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 07, 2015, 12:00:28 AM
Since you're going on a one week hiatus from updates I may take the opportunity to try and learn how to animate objects with a .dll... (I don't expect it to be too fruitful, but hey, I might get lucky!)

sounds like something that's worth learning. hopefully it works out for you. :)

Quote from: Dragoon on January 07, 2015, 09:13:30 AM
YAY YAY YAY!!!
Quote from: Romi on January 07, 2015, 11:20:36 AM
AMAZING

Glad you guys like it. There is still more planned for this mod. And I'm still looking for suggestions to add to the list. Here's the updated list of planned changes for the next few updates.

Planned Changes:

(1)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(1)Olive Oil raw resource STARTED
(1)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource STARTED
(1)Gourmet Dinner recipe (requires 5 of either olive oil or sunflower seed oil, 5 veg, 5 meat)
(2)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(2)Lemonade Drink
(2)Limeade Drink
(2)Cherry Juice Drink
(2)Grape Juice Drink
(2)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(3)Pie Oven
(3)Lemon Pie recipe (sugar and lemons and either olive oil or sunflower seed oil)
(3)Lime Pie recipe (same as above with limes instead of lemons)
(3)Cherry Pie recipe (same as above with cherries instead)
(3)Banana Pie recipe (same with bananas)
(3)Berry Pie recipe (same with berries)
(3)Grape Pie recipe (same with grapes)
(4)More alcohol types to be determined later.

StalkerCZ

Hello guys i download last release but textures doesent work. There is many f..xx squares instead of textures. If i use ver. 4.0 it is ok. But lastt got this problem. I use mods PA, Clutter  ..  and in clutter mod there is missing textures in use of your mod.  I dont try use only this mod .. i will later. 
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Igabod

Quote from: StalkerCZ on January 08, 2015, 10:19:32 AM
Hello guys i download last release but textures doesent work. There is many f..xx squares instead of textures. If i use ver. 4.0 it is ok. But lastt got this problem. I use mods PA, Clutter  ..  and in clutter mod there is missing textures in use of your mod.  I dont try use only this mod .. i will later.

Put this mod at the bottom of the load order (disable it then re-enable it in the mod menu) and then close the mod menu and then exit the game fully to your OS. Then launch the game and start playing. Every time you open the mod menu make sure you exit the game fully and then restart it before you try to play or you will get texture loading errors like you described.