[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Dragoon

Can you add in the ability to skin the sugar cane? (I only ask because they don't eat raw food unless they don't have anything else)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Igabod

Quote from: Dragoon on January 09, 2015, 02:26:52 AM
Can you add in the ability to skin the sugar cane? (I only ask because they don't eat raw food unless they don't have anything else)

How exactly would that make a difference? Skinned raw sugar cane is still raw sugar cane. I'm not planning on making people skin fruit before eating it so why would I make them skin sugar cane? Besides, sugar cane will be primarily an ingredient in drinks and pies and rum (probably later). I added the positive mood boost for eating it raw mostly in case people screw up and run out of food. The nutritional value of sugar cane is so low that you can't keep your colony surviving on just that anyway. Not without a huge field of it that is.

Dragoon

Well actually it's not. Skinned sugarcane means removing the hard(almost like bamboo) outercasing which you can't eat it and most people cut sugercane wearing gloves so I never bothered to ask just I was told to wear gloves. (btw have you actually held raw sugercane?) (water melons a great example you can't just eat it ( well you could but) you have to cut it open first.)
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Igabod

Quote from: Dragoon on January 09, 2015, 12:28:23 PM
Well actually it's not. Skinned sugarcane means removing the hard(almost like bamboo) outercasing which you can't eat it and most people cut sugercane wearing gloves so I never bothered to ask just I was told to wear gloves. (btw have you actually held raw sugercane?) (water melons a great example you can't just eat it ( well you could but) you have to cut it open first.)

Yes, I used to have sugarcane growing in my back yard as a kid. But the point is that removing the skin does not make it not raw anymore. Peeling a banana does not make it not raw anymore either. The only way I'd be able to make it so that you have to skin the sugarcane or bananas or lemons or limes or any of the other fruits I added that have a skin which is inedible is to add a new table just to give them one extra step before they are able to be eaten. It's a waste of effort because the result would still be a raw food product which must then be prepared in a meal to not be considered raw food. It's just adding a little too much realism to the game with no added benefit at all.

[edit to add] and the reason for wearing gloves is because lots of little critters and razor grass like to live between the stalks. Snakes are also a big threat in cane fields. Having an added layer of protection is never a bad thing.

Ramsis

Requesting plants that are technically regrowable on their own drop items every so often instead of being harvested and then having to be regrown from scratch. If I plant fruit trees, they should go to like 90 percent upon being harvested. Same with tomatoes and most berry types.

Sorry, but if you can fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Just makes the mod a lot more logical.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Igabod

Quote from: Ramsis on January 12, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
Requesting plants that are technically regrowable on their own drop items every so often instead of being harvested and then having to be regrown from scratch. If I plant fruit trees, they should go to like 90 percent upon being harvested. Same with tomatoes and most berry types.

Sorry, but if you can fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Just makes the mod a lot more logical.

I'm not sure I am understanding you correctly. But the general gist of what I get is that you want all of the plants which are not destroyed upon harvest to just drop their fruits every time they hit 100% growth without requiring a colonist to go over to them and harvest them. Unfortunately this isn't doable without some C# coding and I'm not good enough at that to even attempt it. I'm not sure I'd do that anyway though.

I am however considering making several orchard buildings (similar to the seedless grape vine) which wouldn't be actual plants but would automatically produce fruit every so often. The C# code for that has already been done by Skullywag, and I'm just good enough to be able to edit it to work for other buildings.

I haven't fully decided on whether or not I want to do that yet though. But if I do decide to do it, I'll probably wait until the next alpha. I've got too many things in the list already to get to that just now. But the fact that you are requesting something similar to that does move it up on my priority list to make a decision on it.

Please, do keep submitting ideas to me. I'm definitely open to them.

Ramsis

Quote from: Igabod on January 12, 2015, 02:44:20 PM
Quote from: Ramsis on January 12, 2015, 02:29:47 PM

I'm not sure I am understanding you correctly. But the general gist of what I get is that you want all of the plants which are not destroyed upon harvest to just drop their fruits every time they hit 100% growth without requiring a colonist to go over to them and harvest them. Unfortunately this isn't doable without some C# coding and I'm not good enough at that to even attempt it. I'm not sure I'd do that anyway though.

I am however considering making several orchard buildings (similar to the seedless grape vine) which wouldn't be actual plants but would automatically produce fruit every so often. The C# code for that has already been done by Skullywag, and I'm just good enough to be able to edit it to work for other buildings.

I haven't fully decided on whether or not I want to do that yet though. But if I do decide to do it, I'll probably wait until the next alpha. I've got too many things in the list already to get to that just now. But the fact that you are requesting something similar to that does move it up on my priority list to make a decision on it.

Please, do keep submitting ideas to me. I'm definitely open to them.

Follow the orchard idea. It makes the mod a lot more logical with the way the planting and tree system is currently while giving a great way to use wood.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Dragoon

Wait do you mean you want them to be like they would if they were wild (like you harvest but it just regrows without being replanted each time) ?

Ramsis

More like if you have a certain number of the fruit you can plant an orchard that puts out food every so often after a few day period.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Igabod

Ok folks, I've resumed work on the next update. So far I've corrected a few mistakes and typos. I've also done some more balancing here and there and made some changes to plant sizes all across the board. I was using the same size specifications for all trees, but now they've all got their own specs based on their real life proportions to each other. And I've also added in a new flower (see attachment for preview) which can be grown in both the ground and in flower pots. It was suggested by my mother because it is one of her favorites.

I've also made some decisions on the future of this mod and have revised my priority list. The biggest changes are that the pies will no longer wait till the update after next, but will instead be included in the next update. I'm also no longer going to add a new stove just for cooking pies, they'll be added to the regular stove.

Anyway, here's the updated future changes list.

The number in the parenthesis at the beginning of each item is the priority in which I hope to do it. This is also a rough idea of how long it will be till said feature is released. A (1) is top priority and will probably be in the next update. A (4) is lowest priority and will be added at some point but probably not within the next 3 updates.

Planned Changes:

(1)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(1)Olive Oil raw resource STARTED
(1)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource STARTED
(1)Gourmet Dinner recipe (requires 5 of either olive oil or sunflower seed oil, 5 veg, 5 meat)
(1)Lemon Pie recipe (sugar and lemons and either olive oil or sunflower seed oil)
(1)Lime Pie recipe (same as above with limes instead of lemons)
(1)Cherry Pie recipe (same as above with cherries instead) DONE needs olive oil added to it when that is done.
(1)Banana Pie recipe (same with bananas)
(1)Berry Pie recipe (same with berries)
(1)Grape Pie recipe (same with grapes)
(2)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(2)Lemonade Drink
(2)Limeade Drink
(2)Cherry Juice Drink
(2)Grape Juice Drink
(2)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(3)More alcohol types to be determined later.
(4)Orchards for the various fruit-bearing trees. (Costs a full stack of said fruit plus 75 wood to build) NEED TEXTURES! Ask for details if you want to contribute

[attachment deleted due to age]

Loki88

For the pie textures would you prefer a full pie or a slice? My vote is on a slice and have the recipe make maybe 6 of them for realism but I will go with what you prefer ( I was going to also say since not a lot of people would eat a whole pie in one go... but I would, and I do :P [ Blackberry-Raspberry pie... Crap now I'm hungry! ] )

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on January 13, 2015, 01:26:15 AM
For the pie textures would you prefer a full pie or a slice? My vote is on a slice and have the recipe make maybe 6 of them for realism but I will go with what you prefer ( I was going to also say since not a lot of people would eat a whole pie in one go... but I would, and I do :P [ Blackberry-Raspberry pie... Crap now I'm hungry! ] )

I actually just finished making the texture (see attachment for preview) for the pies (just the cherry one for testing purposes) and went with the single slice. I'm currently working on trying to get the recipe working. I'm pretty sure the way I have it right now is wrong so I'm going to go looking for the thread where I saw someone say how to set recipes to accept specific ingredients instead of categories. After I get that working and do a quick initial test on it I'm going to sleep and will continue working on the pies first thing tomorrow.

[edit to add] Ok got the recipe working now. Time to go to sleep. Tomorrow I'll recolor the pie texture and probably shrink it some since it is so big in game. Then I'll get all the pie recipes done.

Igabod

Here's an updated priorities list. I've gotten the pies done. Just have to do some testing on it now to make sure everything is working correctly and I didn't miss any small details. All that is left to do other than the various balance tweaks is the Olive Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil and the Oil Press and the Gourmet Meal. I may go ahead and do the texture for the Gourmet Meal tonight before I go to sleep since it is a quick edit job really. I went ahead and did the texture for the Gourmet Meal. It wasn't as quick of a job as I expected but I'm somewhat satisfied with the results. See the attachments for a preview.

Planned Changes:

(1)Oil Press (like wine press but for sunflower seed oil and olive oil
(1)Olive Oil raw resource STARTED
(1)Sunflower Seed Oil raw resource STARTED
(1)Gourmet Dinner STARTED
(1)Lemon Pie DONE
(1)Lime Pie DONE
(1)Cherry Pie DONE
(1)Banana Pie DONE
(1)Berry Pie DONE
(1)Grape Pie DONE
(2)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(2)Lemonade Drink
(2)Limeade Drink
(2)Cherry Juice Drink
(2)Grape Juice Drink
(2)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(3)More alcohol types to be determined later.
(4)Orchards for the various fruit-bearing trees. (Costs a full stack of said fruit plus 75 wood to build) NEED TEXTURES! Ask for details if you want to contribute

Ramsis

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Clibanarius

Holy crap, I was interested in this enough before, but once I saw the wines, my heart jumped. Thank you SO MUCH for making this awesome mod, Igabod!