[MOD](A9d) Xtra Plants v5.3 Pie Recipe Hotfix Mar. 20, 2015

Started by Igabod, November 07, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this mod available in standalone parts? As in one mod for trees and one mod for wild plants/flowers and one for wine production.

Yes (The mod would still be available in it's complete form as well.)
28 (51.9%)
No, I like everything included in this mod. I see no reason to split it up.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Igabod

I've had to take a few days off unexpectedly from working on mods. I had a forest fire behind my house the other day which took me away from modding and last night I was going to do some work but a migraine stopped me in my tracks so I slept for like 16 hours. I'm also still waiting on the texture for the Oil Press from Loki88. But even if I don't get that texture by tomorrow I'll probably just recycle the wine press texture temporarily. Either that or I'll just upsize the wine press and turn it into a generic press and use it for all of the pressing needs. I'll figure that out tomorrow. Today though, I have other things I have to work on. Such as a new mod that adds more animals. It's already done for the most part but  needs some additional changes before it's ready to release. It has now been released. Check it out HERE It's not compatible with this mod at the moment but after I update this one I'll add a compatibility patch for it.

Quote from: Clibanarius on January 22, 2015, 10:42:04 AM
Holy crap, I was interested in this enough before, but once I saw the wines, my heart jumped. Thank you SO MUCH for making this awesome mod, Igabod!

Glad you like it. There are plans for fruit juice drinks as well and in the next update there will be pie and a new meal recipe.

Igabod

Quote from: Rimworld Change Log
Jan 22

Added hops, brewing and beer. Started work on intoxication, addiction.
    Added ‘low expecations’ and ‘high expectations’ mood modifiers.
    Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile.
    Optimizations to health system.

Looks like Tynan has seen everybody's suggestions of addiction and intoxication on all the various threads everywhere. I promise to include these things into my wine as well as the other alcohol types I plan on doing. Looks like I won't be doing beer now though since Tynan has that covered. I also have an idea for a new plant that produces Rimberries which get you drunk just by eating them. I really can't wait for Alpha 9 to be released now. So many fancy new things are being added.

For those who didn't know about it, the official change log for rimworld is located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

Kolljak

Igabod you seem to be good with plants and stuff would you be willing to help me with my Project?
http://i.imgur.com/gNCvtXg.png
its going to need alot of diffrent resources in it as its going to be quite complex and ive been trying to find and get people together to aid me. you EdB and Evul seem to be very talented :\

Igabod

Quote from: Kolljak on January 22, 2015, 06:08:55 PM
Igabod you seem to be good with plants and stuff would you be willing to help me with my Project?
http://i.imgur.com/gNCvtXg.png
its going to need alot of diffrent resources in it as its going to be quite complex and ive been trying to find and get people together to aid me. you EdB and Evul seem to be very talented :\

What exactly do you need help with? If you need art talent then I'm definitely on the lowest rung of the talent ladder on these forums but I can point you to some really good artists. I'm pretty decent with the XML side of things and could help you with that. I am pretty busy with all my mods at the moment so I can't take on a huge amount of extra work but I am open to seeing what I can do for you.

Also, if you are just scouting out a team of modders to help you then you might post a thread in the Mods board with a subject line saying "[Recruitment Call] Large project seeking a team." or something like that. There are a lot of people out there looking for a project they can get involved with but don't want all the responsibility of doing everything themselves. Just be very clear about what it is that you are looking for in the original post of that message.

[edit to add] Also, your signature links to TTM Custom Events mod thread. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the link you wanted to put in there.

Kolljak

Well the game itself is going to start from the Caveman age to the Advanced age even if its help with the tech tree corrections and or some sort of idea on how the farming should work :D it would be apreciated my skills at modding are like... only being able to alter C++ not create it so im not nearly as talented as you. tho itchy flee just asked for the deets. i hope he comes on board.
for the most part im interested in your farming system it looks amazing :D

Igabod

it's not really a system. I've just added a few plants that produce food and happen to be growable in a growing zone (for now). Eventually when I get around to making the changes I've discussed elsewhere regarding an orchard system for the fruit trees that is identical to the system I use for the seedless grape vines you could maybe consider it a farming system. But until then I haven't changed anything from the vanilla farming system. But if you want to use my plants in your conversion mod then I am perfectly fine with that. I'll even help you incorporate it into the tech tree once you have an actual tech tree. Just include a link back to this thread in the credits on your mod's thread when you release it, same as the other modders are going to request probably. I don't require any other credit for any XML assistance I might provide to you. I hope you know that you'll probably end up having to learn the basics of how the XML and modding in general work though. You'll have to do the lion's share of the work to make a full conversion mod happen. Most of the modders aren't going to be willing to do everything for you. They'll just offer assistance with pieces here and there. But luckily it's not difficult to figure out the XML side just by looking at other mods. And even more lucky for you there is already a full conversion mod out there which you can look at to see exactly how it is done. You can find it HERE.

Igabod

Okay, I got started working on this earlier than expected. I didn't get much done tonight, but I did make some progress. I added the oil press in using the same texture as the wine press but it is a 2x2 item. I added both Olive Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil in but then decided to just make them both use a universal Cooking Oil. I Have the pies using the cooking oil in the recipe now too. And I've tested everything so far and found one problem. Apparently when colonists go to eat the pies that they worked so hard to produce all the ingredients for it throws off a bug that stops them from eating that item before they finish it, and then they start trying to eat it again because they are still hungry, and they keep going in that cycle till they starve to death. Funny bug, but I don't know what's causing it so I'll get back on it tomorrow. Anyway, here's an updated priority list. I still have to make the gourmet meal item and recipe once I figure out what is causing this bug and then once everything works nicely I'll be ready to release the next update.

The number in the parenthesis at the beginning of each item is the priority in which I hope to do it. This is also a rough idea of how long it will be till said feature is released. A (1) is top priority and will probably be in the next update. A (4) is lowest priority and will be added at some point but probably not within the next 3 updates.

Planned Changes:

(1)Oil Press DONE
(1)Cooking Oil raw resource DONE
(1)Gourmet Dinner recipe STARTED
(1)Lemon Pie DONE
(1)Lime Pie DONE
(1)Cherry Pie DONE
(1)Banana Pie DONE
(1)Berry Pie DONE
(1)Grape Pie DONE
(2)Juicer Machine (like wine press but for fruit juice drinks)
(2)Lemonade Drink
(2)Limeade Drink
(2)Cherry Juice Drink
(2)Grape Juice Drink
(2)Fruit Juice Cocktail (made from sugarcane, lemons, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, and bananas)
(3)More alcohol types to be determined later.
(4)Orchards for the various fruit-bearing trees. (Costs a full stack of said fruit plus 75 wood to build) NEED TEXTURES! Ask for details if you want to contribute

Kolljak

I might be able to help but it might take a bit... just pm me a list of tree's you need for the orchards :D im still waiting on responces from anyone who can C++ for my mod asked EdB to send me a link if he has one on learning it.

Igabod

Everything is done for the next update now. All that remains is one final test where I don't use dev mode to place everything and just play it as a player would. That will be tomorrow sometime. In the meantime you can take a look at this screenshot of my walk-in freezer with some of the new textures (pies and gourmet meal) along with all the other fruits and stuff from this mod.

Kolljak

Drops to knee's KHANNN! lol you beat me to it well i guess i can work on my project now.

Kolljak

Does this mean its updated now? or will we get a post id love to use this as one of the Agriculture part of my mod. just need to find a resource mod that adds alot of diffret minable ores such as coal copper tin alu and other stuff.

Igabod

Version 5.0 has been released! Here is a breakdown of the changes in this version.

Added Work Tables:

Oil Press

Added Ingredients:

Cooking Oil

Added Foods:

Gourmet Meal
   Banana Pie
   Berry Pie
   Cherry Pie
   Grape Pie
   Lemon Pie
   Lime Pie

Added Plants:

Anthurium flower (plantable in ground or flower pots).

Fixed Bugs/Mistakes:

Berry wine thought typo
   Cherries didn't rot.
   Olives didn't rot.
   Raw Sugar Cane didn't rot.

Other changes:

Adjusted sizes of most plants.
   Adjusted cluster radius of some plants.
   Adjusted commonality of some wild plants in some biomes.
   Adjusted harvest yield of most fruit bearing plants.
   Adjusted stack size limit of some raw foods.
   Adjusted time to maturity for several plants.
   Increased mood thought bonus for all three wine types.

HBKRKO619

Did you made it compatible with your other mod who add animal ?
Great update, thanks :)

EDIT : Nevermind, I just saw the compatibility patch in your other mod. It will teach me to go watch before talking xDDD

ItchyFlea

I'm probably missing something, but how does one get grape seeds from wild grape plants?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Igabod

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 23, 2015, 07:12:26 PM
I'm probably missing something, but how does one get grape seeds from wild grape plants?

Grape seeds are found when you press wild grapes into low quality wine. 1 per pressing since 1 in 65 wild grapes produces a high quality seed. Also, you can buy grape seeds from some traders occasionally.