First Post plus Question

Started by Coolrah, November 09, 2014, 12:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coolrah

Sup guys I've recently purchased the game after lurking in the forums for about most of the year now and I've had a decent amount of playthroughs and enjoying of A7 and previous versions. My question for this thread is I'm in my second year now with my colony and I've basically been mining the inner mountain behind my colony. At first it was just from being low on money and needing gold to sell but I've only found 1 vein so far. I'm wondering would it be easier to find gold in completely different mountain formations or is it just completely random.

TheXIIILightning

Gold is rare and completely random. You may have the luck of finding one vein, or you can either find none or three of them. ^^
It's all about luck, I think.

skullywag

you'll make more money selling food than mining gold overall. Well that seems to be the case in my games.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coolrah

Its starting to seem that way as I play more but I appreciate the quick replies. I hope Tynan explores mining more as there's a lot of things that can spice up the mountain and mining aspect of the game. Especially since there's not a single danger to building into a mountain. No Cave people/creatures, Cave fungus/fauna, More mining equipment like being able to upgrade the standard pick. I mean the research is there but I'd rather it get swapped out or nerfed and more craftable equipment be added.

DeltaV

Quote from: Coolrah on November 09, 2014, 01:16:41 PM
Its starting to seem that way as I play more but I appreciate the quick replies. I hope Tynan explores mining more as there's a lot of things that can spice up the mountain and mining aspect of the game. Especially since there's not a single danger to building into a mountain. No Cave people/creatures, Cave fungus/fauna, More mining equipment like being able to upgrade the standard pick. I mean the research is there but I'd rather it get swapped out or nerfed and more craftable equipment be added.

If your colonists stay in a mountain for too long without going outside they go insane.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Coolrah

Quote from: DeltaV on November 09, 2014, 08:47:10 PM
If your colonists stay in a mountain for too long without going outside they go insane.
I'm aware but as you can see especially in this current colony my colonist don't spend much time in the mountain except for mining purposes

BetaSpectre

Grow Flowers! Never get a break down again! Or just clean the Mountains, smooth out the floors, and add lights maybe. Not that hard TBH. In fact nice floors increase sanity/feeling I forgot what it was called.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO