(Solved) [Mac OS X 10.9] Unable to run Rimworld250Mac.app

Started by damof, November 07, 2013, 01:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damof

Hello there,

I'm experiencing the following problem: When I double-click Rimworld250Mac.app in Finder, the app appears to launch, but then nothing happens.

System: Mac OS X 10.9
Processor: 3.4 ghz
Memory: 32 GB

AHoff

I encounter no starting problems on my MacBook Pro (3 years old) with OSX Mountain Lion.
Maby it's a Mavericks problem? Wouldn't be the first...

prancingfox

I have the same problem. Click the app, something on my lower tabs looks like its about to activate something, then quits. Simply cannot get the game to start. Works fine on my Windows computer in the office, but unlike my Mac, I can't carry a computer with me wherever I go.

peko

I'm not on 10.9 but the solution that worked for 10.8.5 might work for you as well.

What I did was to download an application called BatChmod.
- Open up BatChmod
- Select RimWorld250Mac.app
- Make sure that the X (as in executable) box is checked for you (I'm assuming that you're the owner of the file)
- Check the box "Apply to enclosed folders and files"
- Apply. Enter password
- Play the game (hopefully)

It will ask you if you're sure about what you're doing. I'm admittedly no expert on this stuff but I can't see how changing the permissions in one application could cause any problems outside of the game but still, do this at your own risk.

I hope these instructions were clear enough. Please let me know if it worked.

Pere 250

For me I have to go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General>Allow Anyways.
and I have the Mac App Store and identified developers selected. Then it works fine for me.

damof

Thanks a lot Peko Sir.
Your description was very detailed, straight forward and worked on the first try!
Can't wait to play this w-end!

SilverSkyes

I had the same problem, but for me the solution was to make sure to use the DEFAULT OS X unarchiver, the one I was using was screwing it up somehow.