[Mod request] Execution made useful

Started by Wex, November 09, 2014, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

So, I was having a bad day, I had 7 of my 8 bed prison full of tribals.
The easiest to convince being a colonist was a neat 88.
Now here's the catch. I kill one of those who refuse to join the colony; brain splatter on the floor.
The warden goes like:"Next one that refuse joining the colony, will be joining Meatsack here in the kitchen." The prisoners pee themselves and quickly change their attitude towards the colony (for better or for worse).
Game mechanic wise, the recruiting difficulty (of the prisoner who witnessed the deed) randomizes.
Could it be done somehow?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Nopkar

+1 this idea, balance for warden who commits the act to either have a moral degrade or increase depending on his traits

maybe the other colonists as well depending on their traits as well, creates fissures in the colony based on how prisoners are treated?

Wex

To a minor extent, the "beat prisoner" option, that was removed from the game, could be reincluded (same reroll of prisoner difficulty); so if you only have one prisoner, you can do something else, beside waiting to roll a 1 on a D100
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

SEND THE SQUIRELLS!!!!

i think this would be a good addition to the game.

my reason being that if you repeatedly beat someone to the edge of death for like a year, and then ask them if they want to join the colony and end their suffering. they won't just go NOPE. this would deffinatley make sense   :)
heloooooo children......................................

skullywag

If its a violent join the chance of them bring picked for the "spy" incident should be increased and so should their morale break meter. Not by much just enough so that when it does happen it adds to the story that is your current colony, not that every colonist you beat is gonna go mental at somepoint.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nopkar

Quote from: skullywag on November 10, 2014, 12:50:59 PM
If its a violent join the chance of them bring picked for the "spy" incident should be increased and so should their morale break meter. Not by much just enough so that when it does happen it adds to the story that is your current colony, not that every colonist you beat is gonna go mental at somepoint.

why not add a 'beaten' modifier to their mood that stays for 3-5 days or more, 'threatened with execution' would be the more severe variant and last a bit longer? so you're trading time for potential mental breaks

Minus

This feels like it'd be better posted as a suggestion for the main game than a mod. Read quite a lot about improving prisoners, but giving execution a use and bringing back the beatings would be great! I hate that I have a prisoner that's perfect, but I only ever have a 1% to convince.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

skullywag

Im just waiting for cold rooms plus prisoners....gonna be a stone cold killer...lol im punny
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: skullywag on November 15, 2014, 02:20:39 PM
Im just waiting for cold rooms plus prisoners....gonna be a stone cold killer...lol im punny

Oh I see you like puns? I have so many good homeless puns but they dont work :(

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO