gene moding

Started by SEND THE SQUIRELLS!!!!, November 10, 2014, 03:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEND THE SQUIRELLS!!!!

this is something that will probably be added into the game over time, but i would love this in a short amount of time

as you know when you go to buy a slave in version 1.8 it comes up with "human, largely unchanged by bio changes " or something like that
i would like a mod that adds gene editing on spawn in :'(
heloooooo children......................................

skullywag

Editing pawns and genetics is something ive dabbled with but its not easy currently i got as far as a pawn that would fart flames every now and then. But the game was not stable after doing so..lol!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mipen

Pawns are very difficult to work with, I had a mod in 4F/5 that added some new 'droids' but they were a huge pain and kept coming up with game breaking bugs. If anyone were able to manage it, I would be very impressed! :D

SEND THE SQUIRELLS!!!!

THIS IS MY POST AND I HAD TO finish the original one in a hurry

i would love it if you could find a way to make the flame farters real, but what i realy meant was to have a notification from the slavers saying something like the slave was changed by high or low gravity planets. or that the slave was subject to heavy gene modding.

some buffs of the high gravity planets could be faster running speed, or stronger bones[less chance of damage and higher health], higher working speed could also make sense, so these would generaly be buffs, and the low gravity planets would haver debufs to counter the high gravity planets.

for the gene modding you could have the buffs ranging from scaly skin to increased brain capacity to wolverine style claws :P
heloooooo children......................................

Igabod

It sounds like this could be easily accomplished by adding new traits in. One called High-Gravity World Native which increases walk speed even further than Jogger. One for cave-world natives that removes the malus for being in the dark. This is actually something I've thought about messing around with for a while but have had other things on my plate. More traits would be the way I would go about this if I were to take on this request.

[edit to add] maybe if you list some more ideas for possible modifiers that already exist in the game (and better names than I came up with above) and reduce some of the workload it might tempt myself or another modder to take this on.