[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jal21

Quote from: bazalisk on September 09, 2015, 02:16:09 AM
to be honest i#m not sure it is this mod, it was just one of the last mod i installed before i encountered the error :s

the error reports give little to no info on what file in which folder is coursing the issue.

i'm currently narrowing down the list of mods i have to find which is giving the error but i have a feeling that it could be this mod conflicting with another or clutter mod.

the SquadbrainAI bit was originally what made me think it was Misc.w/MAI mod  but now i think it could be any mod.  I just googled the error and it took me to your mod thread.

i have no idea tbh,  wish the error reports were more user friendly.
\
i would like to sekent that thay are why to hard to tell what is worng it usly go to me makeing moltible folders then taking them out at 4to8 at a time till the errer gose way then i nerow it from there my taking a smaller samper from that grupe and that still dusnt tell me what the h is worng i need to lern how to code so i can fix this shite

mbos14

Quote from: bazalisk on September 09, 2015, 02:16:09 AM
to be honest i#m not sure it is this mod, it was just one of the last mod i installed before i encountered the error :s

the error reports give little to no info on what file in which folder is coursing the issue.

i'm currently narrowing down the list of mods i have to find which is giving the error but i have a feeling that it could be this mod conflicting with another or clutter mod.

the SquadbrainAI bit was originally what made me think it was Misc.w/MAI mod  but now i think it could be any mod.  I just googled the error and it took me to your mod thread.

i have no idea tbh,  wish the error reports were more user friendly.

if you have redisheat it might be that mods thats doing it

bazalisk

i actually think it was clutter mod.

i removed it and started a new install and with all my other mods.

so far, no issues and able to load my new saves without errors :D

funny though that clutter worked fine until i added this but as much as i love clutter i would much rather use MD2.

maybe something conflicting between them?

Ectoplasm

I seem to of stumbled across some odd behaviour with MD_Storage, and wanted to check if others have the same problem, or if perhaps it's a mod compatibility issue. The Deep Storage Unit MK3's don't seem to stack / collect stone blocks.

I have about 1.5K blocks in stock;
http://i.imgur.com/0ipX6NX.jpg

Yet they never get moved into the storage unit.
http://i.imgur.com/Hg1OruZ.jpg

I even set the unit on critical, yet they're never moved. The issue isn't hauling as I have 3 bots and a MAI working 24/7 on it, and I've seen them go idle whilst still not moving the blocks, the stockpile priority itself is on normal. I do use RT_Storage, but only for food as you can see, also other items like steel are moved into deep storage.

Anyone else finding this issue?

Tavington

Do you have any idea when the Droids will be out for Alpha 12?

Topper

Better question - why havnt driods been integrated into the core game. Seems like a no brainer that the people of rimworld would want to build their c3p0's

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Topper on September 11, 2015, 01:09:37 AM
Better question - why havnt driods been integrated into the core game. Seems like a no brainer that the people of rimworld would want to build their c3p0's

i think tynan just doesn't like the idea of creating a pawn out of nothing, pretty sure it's been suggested before. :)

honestly i think it would be a cool addition too.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on September 11, 2015, 02:45:50 AM

i think tynan just doesn't like the idea of creating a pawn out of nothing, pretty sure it's been suggested before. :)

I totally agree that droids should be added, just like something along the lines of edb's interface mod..  For me having pets able to haul is a great  touch, but the buggers eat everything in sight and as soon as you draft your pawns they come running too and just end up getting blown up and BOOM, there goes your economy with no way to haul (you can get round this by assigning all pets to one pawn and drafting that one into the back of the base whilst a raid is happening.. But this is less than ideal (be nice to have a way to not have pets follow their master during drafts)). Anyhoo, haplo's mod has working droids in A12, you can buy basic hauling and cleaning ones from traders, and also build a more advanced one, but to be able to get this one to do more complicated tasks other than clean or plant cut, you need an AI core - which aren't in abundance, and therein lies the balance factor.. That and the plasteel cost to build in the first place.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 11, 2015, 05:07:11 AM
Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on September 11, 2015, 02:45:50 AM

I totally agree that droids should be added, just like something along the lines of edb's interface mod..  For me having pets able to haul is a great  touch, but the buggers eat everything in sight and as soon as you draft your pawns they come running too and just end up getting blown up and BOOM, there goes your economy with no way to haul (you can get round this by assigning all pets to one pawn and drafting that one into the back of the base whilst a raid is happening.. But this is less than ideal (be nice to have a way to not have pets follow their master during drafts)). Anyhoo, haplo's mod has working droids in A12, you can buy basic hauling and cleaning ones from traders, and also build a more advanced one, but to be able to get this one to do more complicated tasks other than clean or plant cut, you need an AI core - which aren't in abundance, and therein lies the balance factor.. That and the plasteel cost to build in the first place.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

thanks for pointing it out, i'm fairly sure that was one of the ever growing list of mods i wanted to add for my next colony already though. :D

mbos14

Not the most urgent thing but could you make it more apperent on the fissure generator itself where it will generate a fissure. because you are using an uneven construc to make an even hole

TheRexus100

Hexatron

I guess we all do. I haven't played A12 at all yet, and i am super itchy to finally do so. But without the droids i don't want to.

pktongrimworld

Quote from: Hexatron on September 15, 2015, 07:18:16 AM
I guess we all do. I haven't played A12 at all yet, and i am super itchy to finally do so. But without the droids i don't want to.

same boat.

rsdworker

same - i would love to play with this mod but without droids - its would be boring

lordbok

Dam I was wondering why I cant find any droids. I have got this mod installed from one of the v12 mod packs and I remember I used to use it in v11 and such till I read the page and it says no droids in v12 D:

I hope we will get droids soonish they were awesome.