[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Shinzy on November 19, 2014, 07:08:09 AM
Just a hello from all my droids! ( one of them got turned into Werewolf-human/droid hybrid after couple very tragic and unfortunate turns of events involving Tradeship, Jellies werewolf mod and morbid curiosity and Full-moon

(Would it be possible to get different paintjobs/and/or bodytypes for each droid type? I mean on the 'code' level! I'd know someone willing to provide the needed sprites)

Th-th-that's all folks!
That is an interesting change in fortunes for that poor droid :P Yes indeed they certainly can have different textures!  If I could figure out how to do it, I could add parts that are coloured  differently for each type, like how to stuff system works. I'm not too sure how that works though D:

Kulverstukass

Quote from: mipen on November 19, 2014, 05:45:53 PM
Hmm, does this happen to every droid on the map when you save/reload? Or only a couple at a time? Are they charging when you save/reload and it happens then? I'll have a look when I get home and see if I can't figure out what is happening
Yep, after loading savegame, everyone of them stops consume their batteries power. Numbers just freezes.
I did have around 15-19 droids and just ~6 charge pads, so there is no way that they all will be standing on them at a moment of save.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 20, 2014, 01:18:29 AM
Hmm, does this happen to every droid on the map when you save/reload? Or only a couple at a time? Are they charging when you save/reload and it happens then? I'll have a look when I get home and see if I can't figure out what is happening
Yep, after loading savegame, everyone of them stops consume their batteries power. Numbers just freezes.
I did have around 15-19 droids and just ~6 charge pads, so there is no way that they all will be standing on them at a moment of save.
I am very glad you brought this to my attention! :D I have fixed the issue, it was a really simple, stupid mistake :P basically when saving two variables, I forgot to change the name tag of each variable, so the second one was overwriting the first one, which caused the droids to not require power. I have fixed that now, and also added the abillity for you to set the priority of jobs that droids do.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: mipen on November 20, 2014, 01:59:52 AM
I am very glad you brought this to my attention! :D I have fixed the issue, it was a really simple, stupid mistake :P basically when saving two variables, I forgot to change the name tag of each variable, so the second one was overwriting the first one, which caused the droids to not require power. I have fixed that now, and also added the abillity for you to set the priority of jobs that droids do.
Awesome, everything just awesome.
Is it intended that Builders don't repair things at all? Or there will be Repair droids someday?

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 20, 2014, 02:59:38 AM
Awesome, everything just awesome.
Is it intended that Builders don't repair things at all? Or there will be Repair droids someday?
Oops, that was a bit of an oversight on my part, I'll get that fixed as soon as I can :)

eatKenny

like now, you can use a robot to build a car because it's programmed, but you can't use a robot to repair a car.

Shinzy

Quote from: eatKenny on November 20, 2014, 04:59:14 AM

like now, you can use a robot to build a car because it's programmed, but you can't use a robot to repair a car.

but in the future, mon! in the future the robits can maintain the structural integrity of assigned targets! Future is bright and full of wonder! ;D

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Shinzy on November 20, 2014, 08:24:27 AM

but in the future, mon! in the future the robits can maintain the structural integrity of assigned targets! Future is bright and full of wonder! ;D

Was I supposed to read that whole quote in a Jamaican accent?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Shinzy

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on November 20, 2014, 08:30:18 AM

Was I supposed to read that whole quote in a Jamaican accent?
You should always read everything in jamaican accent
or any other really bad "accent" of your choise (Russki, German, French, Poirat, Mobsta en Voikin'. Or mush dem all tagetha ferrr zee boist harpiness injikjon fur yer loife! boi mah bjeaart en bjeatin' hjaart! Foist ye enjoy ya loife un den ya kan haf tae offa ye cannae refuse en lif longa, yarr Kapiiish? es is gut yes? da.. da) what?

superiorx

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 20, 2014, 01:18:29 AM

Thanks for the fixes, Mipen! :D

eatKenny

true, but instead of "star war" i'm thinking more like "cowboy bebop" kind of future, if you know what i mean ;)

Puch22

A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

MaxtheINFINITE

The droids look #swag.
Now i have to test lightsabers + mais VS droids + MRG rifles'
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Kulverstukass

Being retracted into the ground Mechanical walls still doesn't allow to shoot over them.
Surprise "disappearing wall in front of machineguns" cancelled in our circus.

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 21, 2014, 02:59:05 AM
Being retracted into the ground Mechanical walls still doesn't allow to shoot over them.
Surprise "disappearing wall in front of machineguns" cancelled in our circus.
Ah, thanks for letting me know! :) I have fixed it now, people are able to shoot over them, but they don't provide any cover at all when retracted