[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Vas on July 07, 2015, 11:40:09 AM
Two things I noticed. 
1. Your crematorius droid does nothing.  I have to manually tell him to go get corpses, especially if they are nothing but bones.  I've never actually seen him go out and do anything on his own, ever.  Fresh battles or not.  I turned off clothing stripping if that matters.
2. Your coal plant produces 9600 watts, while it only takes 1000 watts to power an ore extractor, and one ore extractor can keep the coal plant going indefinitely.  Infinite energy infinite fuel.  Just a thought is all, it's fine and all though since I'm using shields and they take up so much energy I need to build 30+ coal plants to power my base.
1) I should add a tutor highlight thing for that, with a little tutorial on how it works :P

2) I figured, since all the other sources of power are also infinite energy, especially the geogen, it wasn't too bad to have it like this. It takes a little bit of micromanagement to keep working, but gives much more power than the place and forget geogen. Plus, larger bases need a lot more power than vanilla buildings are usually able to supply

mipen

Quote from: skullywag on July 08, 2015, 04:43:30 AM
Mipen, the saving variables thing above, is that a "what the hells a scribe" moment or have you just not got to it, I can explain the scribing system somewhat if itll help, if you know this and just havent got to it yet, tell me to shush!
Thanks for the offer skully :D But I have actually put it in, I'm surprised it's not working, I could have sworn I'd tested it :( I'll have to revisit that

Quote from: Endovior on July 10, 2015, 03:50:35 AM
A couple of droid-related issues (A11, in the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack). I've had repairs work before, but one of my droids had a finger shot off. It just keeps sitting on the repair station getting 'repaired', but nothing happens. Also, most of the droids can be renamed properly (I prefer to abbreviate, eg: 'Logistics Droid 1' down to 'LD-01'), but the combat droids can't, for some reason.
The pack must be using an older version of the mod, I've since fixed the repairing issue (from update 19). I'll take a look at combat droids naming

mipen

Quote from: Leucetius on July 10, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
MD2_Base
MD2_Droids
MD2_Fortifications
MD2_Industry
MD2_Manufacturing
MD2_Power
MD2_Storage

Forked the Source and recompiled against Alpha 11b. A few method calls had to be changed - nothing big. Tried all components and everything seems to work. Wait. - nearly everything. I didn't try to repair a droid with a defect foot.
Thanks so much for this! I've not had time to even look at it, so this helps me out a lot! I've merged your pull requests into the mod, and credited the latest release to you :) Thanks!

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

Hi.

The coal burner is not rotatable. I don't know if it's on purpose or not.

Just my 2 cents. Thx for great mods btw

Quote from: skullywag on July 11, 2015, 04:51:17 AM
And this ladies and gentlemen is why we use git ;)
+1 too :p

drbln

I can't create silicon due to some reason...
Resource definition seems to be broken

SteelRev

This may have been asked before but 65 pages is a lot to go through. Is there a way to area restrict the droids? It's annoying to have a medic droid and crematoria droid wandering around the kitchen.

Galleg

This is probably the top mod I've played, MD and SC make practically a hole new game.
Thanks for the update!!

Vas

Quote from: mipen on July 11, 2015, 03:45:51 AM
1) I should add a tutor highlight thing for that, with a little tutorial on how it works :P

2) I figured, since all the other sources of power are also infinite energy, especially the geogen, it wasn't too bad to have it like this. It takes a little bit of micromanagement to keep working, but gives much more power than the place and forget geogen. Plus, larger bases need a lot more power than vanilla buildings are usually able to supply
1) Actually, it was the no saving glitch that got me.  I didn't know it doesn't save.

2) A2B.  ;P  Infinite energy with a single logistics droid managing the end of the conveyor line in a totally locked room with a single builder droid to do random repairs.  I had like 29 coal plants with 27 coal miners going.

Quote from: mipen on July 11, 2015, 03:16:46 AM
Quote from: Goldsmyths on July 06, 2015, 01:14:43 AM
I always wondered why Deep Storage Unit was not set to be able to accept Raw Food?
I used to have a refrigerator room the size of Manhattan while trying to balance corpse and meat.
This is because of how they used to handle storing items, I couldn't think of a way to include food deterioration whilst they were stored and I didn't want it being a really cheaty food bin, so I disabled it and forgot to re-add it when I changed how they work, I'll do that in the next update :)
3) I was hoping you could add food support back in.  However, If you do, can you make a seperate bin and call it Deep Fridge Unit?  Maybe store up to 500, and with a little research up to 750.  :P

4) Also, I was hoping you could fix the storage unit to only let people take 75 from it.  I had a large project going with lots of big resource consuming things and Vas, my colonist, went over there and went all hulk mode and carried 2250 steel  in his arms superman like and dumped it into all of the buildings in one go.

5) I was also hoping you might change the graphic a bit, this one would make more sense really.  The side that stores the large amount of resources should have a hole.  As if you dug a hole to dump resources into and the unit uses machines to lift bits up for you from within the hole.  This could also make it take some small power so you don't end up just dropping down a bunch of bins everywhere unless you have a good power infrastructure.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 11, 2015, 10:12:59 AM
6) I was about to ask that too, it's been driving me insane that I can't rotate this thing.  Really ugly having to be forced to keep the red thing on that one side only.

Quote from: SteelRev on July 11, 2015, 03:01:11 PM
This may have been asked before but 65 pages is a lot to go through. Is there a way to area restrict the droids? It's annoying to have a medic droid and crematoria droid wandering around the kitchen.
7) I did ask this a few pages ago I think, but I can't seem to find it now.  :P  You need a dedicated board.  xD  I want to use the  work area restrictions like colonists have on the droids.  That way I don't have to build a room, lock the doors, and rely on conveyors to get mats out.

8 ) Also want to be able to make droids stop going to colonist gather spots and make a special droid gathering spot, maybe they would gather around their charge pads.  Hell, you could make a special charge pad for doids that lets them sleep when idle.  Make it consume 1 watt when no one is on it, simply for detection and all.  Then when a droid steps on it, it marks it theirs, like a bed.  Then they shut down till they find work to do and charge at 10x slower pace than a normal pad, while the pad uses 100 watts rather than 1000.  And they'll still seek the fast charge pad when their power goes critical.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

drbln

mipen

Quote from: drbln on July 11, 2015, 11:00:59 PM
Please advise how to fix
That's not caused by this mod, I think it might be industrialisation that's doing it

mipen

Quote from: SteelRev on July 11, 2015, 03:01:11 PM
It has been mentioned before, but I appreciate you asking for it, shows me that many people want it and that makes it a higher priority :D

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 11, 2015, 10:12:59 AM
Hi.

Just my 2 cents. Thx for great mods btw

I made it not rotatable because the graphic really only suits that one side, it looks weird any other way. I've never really liked the design of it, was just something I came up with quickly and jabbamonkey then did a better looking version of it. If I can find someone willing to do a nice texture for me I'll change it and then it can be rotatable :)

Quote from: Galleg on July 11, 2015, 03:16:10 PM
This is probably the top mod I've played, MD and SC make practically a hole new game.
Thanks for the update!!

Thanks! Means a lot to me to know that you enjoy it :D

mipen

Quote from: Vas on July 11, 2015, 04:29:27 PM
--snip--

1) does it save now with the new update?
2) haha that poor droid :P my thinking was that it had to be better than the vanilla stuff to justify the greater cost and running/maintenance cost.

3) sounds like a good idea! I'll add that to my list

4) hmm, unfunfortunately that sounds like more of a problem with the game's hauling code, I won't be able to fix that

5) yeah I want to change the texture as well, it's really bad. I just have to find someone willing to do a few textures for me

7) that's on my list of things to do, so it'll happen eventually :D
8) also on my list of things to do 

Vas

6) Hah, this thing does look funny when rotatable.

I'll see if I can tweak it or find a friend who can.  Same for #5.  5 should be much easier.  Assuming I can figure out which side they drop stuff into.  :P

Also, here's my base so far~  I have so many droids the game lags a bit.  xD  And my lunch room is totally full of them which is annoying.  xD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci3s0bqf7so5z75/Screenshot%202015-07-12%2017.19.19.jpg

Edit:
9) Droids can't repair themselves if a body part was totally destroyed, this usually means I'm required to detonate them at a safe distance just so they stop trying and stop wandering.  I've removed my repair center because it serves no point anymore.  :P  No one gets harmed in this game difficulty, they get body parts totally destroyed in single shots or killed.  Like at the very beginning of the game, my colonists head was cut off by a Pila from a mile away.  -.-

Edit 2:
A little bit of research shows that a coal plant would work a bit differently than what the graphic looks like.  I know you did a quick version for the mod to work and all.  I just wonder if it might be better to create a new graphic all together.  Also hard to do, we'll figure it out.  :P
https://www.duke-energy.com/about-energy/generating-electricity/coal-fired-how.asp
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.