[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evrett33

I just wanted to say I'm having a lot of fun with the droids and thanks for the mod. Hopefully you can talk Ludeon into incorporating it into the main game as there are all sorts of story possibilities with droids slaves. There totally needs to be a low tech abandoned droid faction that raids you looking for parts from time to time.

How about a "companion" bot that does wardening and has the social trait opposite of abrasive?

BinaryBlackhole

I researched the deep storage unit but I cant build it what's wrong?

popster99

you have to actually research the deep storage mk1 near the bottom of the list

skullywag

Found a small bug, when prioritizing soldering pcbs the float label is "prioritize disassembling machining table", not major just pointing it out.

Edit - actually droid table does it as well, might wanna check em all.

edit2 - ok damn using that command has reked my game, I can no longer craft at a table once I select any command to prioritize MD2 stuff on a worktable.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Izzus

I just thought of a decent addition to this mod:

Secur-Bots

They have two bills to select from. Colony defense, and riot control.

Colony defense will have them patrol home zones. When a threat enters the home zone, they attack with deadly force. Riot control is different though. They stay on their charge pads, and then when a prisoner tries to escape, they activate and subdue the prisoner, then bring the prisoner back to their bed. While the riot control bill is active, they cannot equip weapons.

Seems like a bit to code, I know, so I wouldn't be surprised if we never see this added to the mod. It's nice to consider though.

mipen

Quote from: skullywag on February 04, 2015, 02:49:17 PM
Found a small bug, when prioritizing soldering pcbs the float label is "prioritize disassembling machining table", not major just pointing it out.

edit2 - ok damn using that command has reked my game, I can no longer craft at a table once I select any command to prioritize MD2 stuff on a worktable.

That sounds very strange! Does it happen with any of the other mods creating tables? Or vanilla tables? I can't imagine what could cause that D:

Rock5

Hi, I'm updating my mods for my next colony and I notice you don't include the version in the about info. Can you add the version in future versions please.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

popster99

Quote from: mipen on February 06, 2015, 04:49:03 AM
Quote from: skullywag on February 04, 2015, 02:49:17 PM

That sounds very strange! Does it happen with any of the other mods creating tables? Or vanilla tables? I can't imagine what could cause that D:
That happens with a few other mods its not a real problem though

Voideka

Is there any way to stop the Crematorius droid from burning things besides human corpses? Maybe a file I could edit?

skullywag

might be a good addition to add a new toggle button to disregard animal corpses.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on February 07, 2015, 01:07:26 AM
Hi, I'm updating my mods for my next colony and I notice you don't include the version in the about info. Can you add the version in future versions please.
Ach, I always forget to update the about info! I'll try to be better with that haha

mipen

Quote from: Voideka on February 07, 2015, 03:44:21 AM
Is there any way to stop the Crematorius droid from things besides human corpses? Maybe a file I could edit?
No sorry that is hardcoded into its ai.
I'll be fixing that in the next update

Hayhorse

Download:
You can download the mod from GitHub:
Download
Remember to only grab the latest release and not the master branch

[/quote]

There is only one branch to download, and you want us to download the latest not the master? The only branch of the download is the master branch.

mipen

Erm I guess I didn't word that right. I meant only download from the releases and not from the source code, if that makes sense

dareddevil7

would it be possible for you to make it so the mod can work without the RW launcher