[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urii

big fissure doesnt work, i can not change resurses

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hayhorse

WOW WOW WOW! Does it tear out you heart and eat it? "Cause that is a Mantis thing! Robots shouldent do that!

Foxador

Is there a way to make the droids faster? They have a base speed of 2.7 in the game while all base line humans have a speed of 4.6 so it kind of sucks having these guys moving soooooo slow.  All of them move like snails

Rock5

I like the wheel on the builder droid, although technically we don't see anythings legs and the wheel would count as the droids legs, so we shouldn't be able to see it. I don't know if I like the combat droid. I would imagine that the combat droid would have more armor so would look bigger, not just painted red.

@Foxador I already reported the slow droid speed so Mipen should be aware of it. I thought it was 2.8. Well I can tell you changing the speed in the def doesn't work unfortunately so mipen will have to fix it.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on February 14, 2015, 11:59:01 PM
I like the wheel on the builder droid, although technically we don't see anythings legs and the wheel would count as the droids legs, so we shouldn't be able to see it. I don't know if I like the combat droid. I would imagine that the combat droid would have more armor so would look bigger, not just painted red.

@Foxador I already reported the slow droid speed so Mipen should be aware of it. I thought it was 2.8. Well I can tell you changing the speed in the def doesn't work unfortunately so mipen will have to fix it.
This is very strange. I had already done a fix for this and all testing has them moving at the same speed as un-upgraded colonists. Only the crematorius moves slower, which is intentional. Which droids are moving slower for you? Do you have any mods that could be affecting them?

Moo

popster99

Quote from: Moo on February 15, 2015, 01:20:51 AM
Is it possible to repair droids? If so, how?
nope sorry mipen hasn't got that far yet and congratzs on your first post welcome to the community

Foxador

Quote from: mipen on February 15, 2015, 12:59:03 AM
Quote from: Rock5 on February 14, 2015, 11:59:01 PM

This is very strange. I had already done a fix for this and all testing has them moving at the same speed as un-upgraded colonists. Only the crematorius moves slower, which is intentional. Which droids are moving slower for you? Do you have any mods that could be affecting them?

All of them. I've been using the epic pack but only about half of the pack and they've always been slow. I put up a picture so you can see it

EDIT

Ok I fixed it by getting the most recent version of the mod and then having to only load half the new version of the mod over the old version. If I tried a straight up replace the game will never load so I had to move over all the files but the assemblies over and it works fine and the droids actually move at normal speed now which is now. 

[attachment deleted due to age]

MisterLock

Ughh...sorry for being an ass and reminding you of this again...But it's been over 10 pages of comments and alpha 9 is nearing release.Do I(and maybe others) have any chance of seeing clay incorporated into this mod or released as a standalone mod again?(Standalone would be preferable)
I've been using EatKenny's Concrete as a substitute,but I really wanna be able to mass produce a brick without the need of stone chunks...
To each his own.

Rock5

Quote from: mipen on February 15, 2015, 12:59:03 AM
I don't think I've updated since I reported the problem. I just updated now, started a new colony (the update wasn't save game friendly), and used God mode to quickly build some for testing. It looks like the speed issue is fixed. And changing the speed in the xml works now. I could never understand why a robot, that is like a bionic person, is as slow as a unmodified person. I think they should at least be 20% faster which is what I'm going to set it to. If you ever add an upgrade then it should upgrade to 40% which would match a human with both legs bionified. Is that even a word? Well it is now.  ;D

Quote from: Moo on February 15, 2015, 01:20:51 AM
Is it possible to repair droids? If so, how?
They don't go themselves but you can manually tell them to rest in a hospital bed until healed.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

How am I supposed to know which revision on github is which version? Can you add the version number to the revision comment please?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Redshadow

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 14, 2015, 05:45:02 PM
Here are some images for the combat droid....

This (to me at least) looks to be a step-up from a 'Basic Combat Droid'. Perhaps an 'Advanced Combat Droid' or a 'Close Quarters Droid'?
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...