[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yas

Quote from: Moo on February 15, 2015, 01:20:51 AM
Is it possible to repair droids? If so, how?

Err, I send them into hospital bed. Like my colonists. And they got heald :) not sure if its intendet to be that way but works for me. Dunno if that maybe from another mod though.

skullywag

Yep they can be "healed" as any other colonist. Not sure you can do anything about that bar override the core buildings that allow it and stop em using it (basically all beds). Will need to do this if you want to add a repair method anyways. This is all a hangup of not having a proper way of modding pawns.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Asfalto

Since this mod is great, and GlitterTech 0.8 is great too, is there any chance to make the silicon both mods let you produce be the same silicon?

:)

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Rock5 on February 14, 2015, 11:59:01 PM
I like the wheel on the builder droid, although technically we don't see anythings legs and the wheel would count as the droids legs, so we shouldn't be able to see it. I don't know if I like the combat droid. I would imagine that the combat droid would have more armor so would look bigger, not just painted red.

I wanted to make a larger combat droid.... but I felt that I had to stick with the original size of the base graphic. Basically, because you can add clothing to the droids, and if the droid texture was too large, then the clothing would look weird on it.

@Foxador I already reported the slow droid speed so Mipen should be aware of it. I thought it was 2.8. Well I can tell you changing the speed in the def doesn't work unfortunately so mipen will have to fix it.

I actually like the slower speed for the droids. Droids can possibly make the game too easy, and their slower speed balances out the benefits of the droids.  Droids can take the place of valuable party members - the people with good stats are rare and hard to get.  Maybe there should be a later tech, that is very costly, that can upgrade the droids.

Dragoon

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 15, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
I actually like the slower speed for the droids. Droids can possibly make the game too easy, and their slower speed balances out the benefits of the droids.  Droids can take the place of valuable party members - the people with good stats are rare and hard to get.  Maybe there should be a later tech, that is very costly, that can upgrade the droids.

I'm not sure about that they aren't cheap and I honestly don't use them. I do research them but the risk of them exploding is too great, but then that may just be my inability to have a colony (that's not late game) where I have people who can build/research them.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

mrofa

Apparel can be only worn on specific parts, if droid dont have that parts then it cant be worn :P
All i do is clutter all around.

Rock5

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 15, 2015, 03:52:14 PMI wanted to make a larger combat droid.... but I felt that I had to stick with the original size of the base graphic. Basically, because you can add clothing to the droids, and if the droid texture was too large, then the clothing would look weird on it.
Good point. I already brought up my preference that the droids not be able to wear clothing but I don't know if that will happen. Otherwise maybe the battle class droid can be made a different size than the other droids such as a standard non-thin size or hulk size. Actually your textures don't look thin. They look more standard sized.

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 15, 2015, 03:52:14 PMI actually like the slower speed for the droids. Droids can possibly make the game too easy, and their slower speed balances out the benefits of the droids.  Droids can take the place of valuable party members - the people with good stats are rare and hard to get.  Maybe there should be a later tech, that is very costly, that can upgrade the droids.
I agree that the droids make the game too easy which is why I don't think I'll use them again. I like the difficulty of managing colonists with their limited skill sets. Being able to make a droid to fill any gaps is too easy. The one job I wanted them to do (hauling) they couldn't do because they were too slow. Other jobs where speed is not so important they were ok but I want to leave those jobs to the humans with their limited skill sets. So mow that the speed issue is fixed I might still make some haulers but probably nothing else.

Quote from: Dragoon on February 15, 2015, 04:35:24 PMI do research them but the risk of them exploding is too great
I've never had one explode so I don't know if the risk is too great, but then I don't use them for battle. Maybe you didn't have enough recharge pads.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

popster99

Quote from: Rock5 on February 16, 2015, 12:11:31 AM
Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 15, 2015, 03:52:14 PMI wanted to make a larger combat droid.... but I felt that I had to stick with the original size of the base graphic. Basically, because you can add clothing to the droids, and if the droid texture was too large, then the clothing would look weird on it.
Good point. I already brought up my preference that the droids not be able to wear clothing but I don't know if that will happen. Otherwise maybe the battle class droid can be made a different size than the other droids such as a standard non-thin size or hulk size. Actually your textures don't look thin. They look more standard sized.

Quote from: jabbamonkey on February 15, 2015, 03:52:14 PMI actually like the slower speed for the droids. Droids can possibly make the game too easy, and their slower speed balances out the benefits of the droids.  Droids can take the place of valuable party members - the people with good stats are rare and hard to get.  Maybe there should be a later tech, that is very costly, that can upgrade the droids.
I agree that the droids make the game too easy which is why I don't think I'll use them again. I like the difficulty of managing colonists with their limited skill sets. Being able to make a droid to fill any gaps is too easy. The one job I wanted them to do (hauling) they couldn't do because they were too slow. Other jobs where speed is not so important they were ok but I want to leave those jobs to the humans with their limited skill sets. So mow that the speed issue is fixed I might still make some haulers but probably nothing else.

Quote from: Dragoon on February 15, 2015, 04:35:24 PMI do research them but the risk of them exploding is too great
I've never had one explode so I don't know if the risk is too great, but then I don't use them for battle. Maybe you didn't have enough recharge pads.
for me i go and get a colony of droids and just have my two level 20 researchers the only ones not in cyptosleep i've only had them explode and die when they try and haul or craft something when i'm being attacked

Dragoon

Quote from: popster99 on February 16, 2015, 01:37:16 AM
had them explode and die when they try and haul or craft something when i'm being attacked

yeah explosion upon death is what I mean I don't need workers i need soldiers XD.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

popster99

Quote from: Dragoon on February 16, 2015, 08:47:23 AM
Quote from: popster99 on February 16, 2015, 01:37:16 AM
had them explode and die when they try and haul or craft something when i'm being attacked

yeah explosion upon death is what I mean I don't need workers i need soldiers XD.
i just keep my colonists till i can make a super op defence that can be destroyed but only by melee 

Urii

я использую последнюю версию мода, но когда я ставлю extractor на большую fissure то extractor добывает с маленькой fissure и я не могу менять вид добываемого ресурса

Feniks

Does anyone have a link to research diagram without me needing to dowload GitHub?

Hayhorse

Translated from Russian for Urii : I'm using the latest version, but when I put on a big fissure extractor, the extractor makes a small fissure and I can not change the appearance of harvests.

I did change it a little to make more sense but I don't understand the last part, but I assume he cant change the harvest settings.

Also I have my own question. How do I get A2B conveyer belts to load out of the extractor's?

Rock5

I can answer that last bit. The loader just has to be touching the extractor and the extractor will put extracted items on the loader. The loader doesn't have to be on the unload spot.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

jabbamonkey

Using the new drawn robot graphics as a template (originally created by Shinzy), I made the robots a little cleaner with vector art (and got rid of the wheels on my old robot textures).