[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Oooo! Jabbamon! you're doing that to all the Apparello clothes, now
or so help me banana!

the head mirror on the medibot though =P
serves just as much purpose as the breath mask, and I love it ;D

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Shinzy on February 18, 2015, 04:23:42 AM
Oooo! Jabbamon! you're doing that to all the Apparello clothes, now
or so help me banana!

I actually created my own figures for the game ... and any external mods for apparel don't work with them (so, I avoid installing those mods, and hence don't fix the textures for them).  The figures I created have some issues, which is why I never posted them fully (there is a post about them with images somewhere on this forum).   I need to fix them and rework some of the textures though ... but that is a LARGE job (so many bodies, so many heads, and so much apparel for them all).

It would help if Tyrian posted a PSD templated file for the bodies (none are included in the core PSD texture pack). A template that showed where the position of the body is in relation to the head (to know where to center the head). That was a huge obstacle initially... but I wont ramble on that in this thread.

Quote from: Shinzy on February 18, 2015, 04:23:42 AM
the head mirror on the medibot though =P
serves just as much purpose as the breath mask, and I love it

Yeah, while the head mirror's purpose was created due to human limitations in the past ... on the android it could serve a different purpose (even though it still looks like a mirror). Maybe it's a tiny radar that connects to medical facilities, or a body scanner that looks for ailments.  :)

skullywag

You can get at the core images using a resource unpacker. If Tynan is ok with us doing that? I have one you can use if it is. You just need to flip the images it produces as they are all upside down.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rock5

So you can't find them in the rimworldtextures.zip Tynan posted here? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2325.msg21038#msg21038

Edit: Sorry, now I see all the bodies are in png format. Strange because all the other files are in psd.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Rock5 on February 18, 2015, 12:58:03 PM
Sorry, now I see all the bodies are in png format. Strange because all the other files are in psd.

Yeah, the bodies are all png files. I emailed Tynan early on (maybe during Alpha 1) and asked if I could help with the body textures (because I wasn't a fan). He said that someone was already working on the bodies. I think the designer was already deep in the design process, so he didn't want to bring anyone else on and start over (I would have done the same thing).  My assumption is that the designer has all the source images.

But, I digress... back to Mechanical Defence 2...
Alpha 9 is out!!!! Please update!!!!  The droids are my favorite!!!! 

kingtyris

kokuto

TracerFox

Just wanted to share an amusing story that happened while using Mechanical Defense.  I was playing the Sole Survivor scenario using a colonist I'd tweaked using Prepare Carefully.  I wanted to create a kind of Borg feel for this colony, with new arrivals being fitted with implants and drone cores.  To help get things started I decided to max out the skills and implants of this single colonist, with the premise being some kind of mad genius character.
So everything's going well, I've got hydroponics, crafting, ore production and other essentials going.  Even managed to craft one of each droid type to help things along.  Lo and behold I get a raider party show up.  I snipe a few of em, then the main group rushes the base.  I'd already set up a pillbox turret nest using embrasures and parked my armored and cybered up colonist in here to take down the raiders.
No less than thirty seconds into the fight and my lone colonist, my cyborg hive king, gets shot by two raiders carrying endgame nano-pistols from the Glittertech mod, and down goes the hive's king!
Now I expected to get a game over, but the game apparently considers all those droids to be still-living colonists.  So now I have a colony which is basically running on auto-pilot with droids!
I'm planning on making a few combat droids to capture the next visitor and toss them into the surgical bay for augmentation.

Rock5

Something like that happened to me once. All my colonists escaped using the ship but didn't have room for the droids so they left them behind. A bit callous of them I thought.

The droids, frankly, were relieved to finally be rid of the chore of looking after humans and could finally run the base efficiently without having to worry about the food suppy and living areas such as dining rooms and bed rooms. I was even surprised that they went so far as to ban any further humans from joining the it colony.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

MadsMartinMadsen

I too hope for an A9 update  ;)
But take the time you need to do it, or to want to work on it  :)
I appreciate the hard work that goes into making mods, especially since I dont have the skill (or interest) in doing it I am very happy great mods are made by others.
So thank you for the mod so far, it have given me great fun.