[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Hey everyone, sorry for the delays on an update, but Tynan has gone and refactored a whole heap of the code so I have to go through and change everything that has been broken :P I've just started back at uni so I've been pretty busy and haven't really had time to sit down and properly go through the mod. I'll hopefully have it finished soon though! Thanks for being so patient, I know I'm pretty slack at updating whenever a new alpha comes out xD

Zebrin

Would there be a chance of adding a machine that allows you to collapse steam vents you don't want?
Outside of that request, I have to say that playing Rimworld without this mod is an exercise in frustration now. The lack of good defensive walls and buildable drones to fill out your ranks is just frustrating. Logistics drones are actually my favorite.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

MadsMartinMadsen

Quote from: mipen on February 28, 2015, 10:40:23 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the delays on an update, but Tynan has gone and refactored a whole heap of the code so I have to go through and change everything that has been broken :P I've just started back at uni so I've been pretty busy and haven't really had time to sit down and properly go through the mod. I'll hopefully have it finished soon though! Thanks for being so patient, I know I'm pretty slack at updating whenever a new alpha comes out xD

Dont worry about it, the so called "real life" does come first.
And thanks for the progress rapport, nice to know you are working on it when you have time.
But take the time you need, sure I miss the mod but I understand the trouble you have.

Yas

Quote from: Zebrin on March 01, 2015, 12:22:49 AM
Would there be a chance of adding a machine that allows you to collapse steam vents you don't want?

There is one in another mod, not sure if decent to tell what here ?!

Mipen, take ur time. Just dont forget about us who depend on those walls and ore-extractors and Droids... miss my droids. :).

Zebrin

Yeah, I dislike having features that overlap. It clutters things up(Like menus and research options) and then I have to manually turn off  sections of each mod. Besides the only mod I have seen that has the feature I want in it has several other things I don't like.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

Yas

Quote from: Zebrin on March 01, 2015, 04:04:15 AM
Yeah, I dislike having features that overlap. It clutters things up(Like menus and research options) and then I have to manually turn off  sections of each mod. Besides the only mod I have seen that has the feature I want in it has several other things I don't like.

The mod I think of is modular. So you can just chose the one thing needed.

Speaking of modular, making MD2 modular could help updates, dont you think Mipen -smartasses around- ;) since you could already offer whats ready -shows tongue and runs off-

Xiupan

I can no longer play Rimworld without your Drones! D: I am eagerly awaiting your update for A9! :)

Rasip

Quote from: Xiupan on March 01, 2015, 05:50:57 AM
I can no longer play Rimworld without your Drones! D: I am eagerly awaiting your update for A9! :)

me too.

stalker6625

Quote from: Rasip on March 01, 2015, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: Xiupan on March 01, 2015, 05:50:57 AM

me too.
the same... the closer the release is, the harder is to wait  :'( :'(
Hey little tribe, leeeet's come and plaaay

sanya02

Honestly Sassy

I do hope this mod is updated soon, Though I wish you luck with Uni, Rimworld just isn't the same without my little hive of robots, kidnapping and harvesting organs while my human colonists sleep in cryo, ahh...The good days

mipen

I have finally finished updating the mod to Alpha 9! :D let me know if you find any issues

Ratys

Quote from: mipen on March 03, 2015, 04:48:30 AM
I have finally finished updating the mod to Alpha 9! :D let me know if you find any issues

Woo! Now I can pause pretending to mod and play for a while.

As for issues, adding MD2 caused EdB Prepare Carefully to throw a ArgumentNullException. Digging in the thread:

Quote from: skullywag on February 21, 2015, 02:39:36 PM
EdB, mean anything to you?

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[ThingCategoryDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.CreateEquipmentEntry (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.AddThingDef (Verse.ThingDef def, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.BuildEquipmentLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker..ctor (Boolean generateColonists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Wait....the thingCategory.....

edit - yep got it was missing:

<thingCategories>
      <li>Grenades</li>
    </thingCategories>

from those mods

Quote from: skullywag on February 22, 2015, 07:41:23 AM
Are you guys getting the "source cannot be null" error?

Tomahawk and PODs have been fixed, redownload if you havent. If you are seeing the above issue a mod has forgotten to add thingcategories, its a case of adding mods 1 by 1 to find the one that does it.

stalker6625

Yessss !
i am at work checking for the 100 times this forum posts... and finally you made it ! Thanks a lot for this update which looked difficult to work for you and the code rewriting . Thanks again for this excellent mod and your time spent on it !  ;D ;D
Hey little tribe, leeeet's come and plaaay