[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Quote from: Canute on March 04, 2015, 01:28:33 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on March 04, 2015, 10:50:04 AM
Really enjoying the mod.

One minor annoyance.  I'm using EDB interface and I like to rename the droids since the name is so long. 

Sometimes I can do it, and other times it's blocked for some reason.  Also, when I rename them to something shorter, after I reload the save, they are back to the full length names for some reason.
You allways can rename it. You just know where ! :-)
Select an droid,
press on the "i",
Select the character page !
You allways got the name change button there.

But i got another issue with the Droid's.
When i let them equip a Pers. shield, the Draft and (de)activate button disapear.
When i let them equip a armor vest which remove the shield, the button appear again.
I don't got a Gear tab for Droid's so i can't unequip the shield.

Perhaps you didn't understand.  I've successfully renamed them, however when I save, leave the game and come back to it later, the droids are back to their long names.

nuschler22

For reasons unknown, my logistics droids just decided to stop cleaning altogether. 

I've deselected the hauling priority so that their only priority is cleaning, and they still continue to haul and never clean. 

Blazergong

Quote from: Canute on March 04, 2015, 01:35:31 PM
I use both together, and it is working.

well i tried multiple things now but cant get both mods to wrok when i activate MD2 the prep carefully option doesnt show up.

Ratys

Quote from: Blazergong on March 04, 2015, 03:08:02 PM
well i tried multiple things now but cant get both mods to wrok when i activate MD2 the prep carefully option doesnt show up.

Look earlier in the thread, I posted a temporary fix for what's likely causing your problem.

mipen

Quote from: Blazergong on March 04, 2015, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Canute on March 04, 2015, 01:35:31 PM
I use both together, and it is working.

Yup, the fix posted earlier will fix this. The next update will also include the fix. Also try getting the latest version of prepare carefully, skullywag said that EdB also took some precautions to prevent this bug.

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 04, 2015, 02:45:29 PM
For reasons unknown, my logistics droids just decided to stop cleaning altogether. 

I've deselected the hauling priority so that their only priority is cleaning, and they still continue to haul and never clean. 

Try using manual priorities to prioritise their jobs. There is a bug where using natural priorities doesn't do anything for them, I'll fix this in the next update.

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 04, 2015, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Canute on March 04, 2015, 01:28:33 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on March 04, 2015, 10:50:04 AM
Really enjoying the mod.

One minor annoyance.  I'm using EDB interface and I like to rename the droids since the name is so long. 

Sometimes I can do it, and other times it's blocked for some reason.  Also, when I rename them to something shorter, after I reload the save, they are back to the full length names for some reason.
You allways can rename it. You just know where ! :-)
Select an droid,
press on the "i",
Select the character page !
You allways got the name change button there.

But i got another issue with the Droid's.
When i let them equip a Pers. shield, the Draft and (de)activate button disapear.
When i let them equip a armor vest which remove the shield, the button appear again.
I don't got a Gear tab for Droid's so i can't unequip the shield.

Perhaps you didn't understand.  I've successfully renamed them, however when I save, leave the game and come back to it later, the droids are back to their long names.
I just squashed this bug, a fix will be in the next update :)

haby001

So the deep storage unit works great, but the amount of an item that is stored within is not counted in the global counter (the menu thingy at the top left) so I could have 500 steel in my DSU but the game counts it as 75 since there is only 75 steel at the output slot. An idea to solve this would be to stack the resource on the output slot (just like the ore extractor does) which allows for more that 75 of any item to be placed into a single tile

Also, silver doesnt seem to be stored correctly. It should hold 1000x20 (since it is a small item) which is 20,000 but my unit only stores 1000 (500 at input slot and 500 at output)

mipen

Quote from: haby001 on March 04, 2015, 04:43:57 PM
So the deep storage unit works great, but the amount of an item that is stored within is not counted in the global counter (the menu thingy at the top left) so I could have 500 steel in my DSU but the game counts it as 75 since there is only 75 steel at the output slot. An idea to solve this would be to stack the resource on the output slot (just like the ore extractor does) which allows for more that 75 of any item to be placed into a single tile

Also, silver doesnt seem to be stored correctly. It should hold 1000x20 (since it is a small item) which is 20,000 but my unit only stores 1000 (500 at input slot and 500 at output)
I completely forgot about the sizes of items. I coded the DSU before that was implemented and forgot to update that little bit :P I really need to completely redo the DSU to make it work better, it's a bit haphazard at the moment. Thanks for bringing this to my attention; I'll get to work on it! :D

skullywag

Yeah i find you have to empty the dsu to build anything. This is a problem with the storage model in the game. Its gonna need something clever to give us both.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Yas

Well,

if you use A2B loader at an MD 2 extractor, fortbid to take the ore and prohibit transport the ore gonna stack far beyonf 75 (seen something about 900 yet).

Funny enough, since loader is considered storage it even counts (made me look once for my 2000 steel I couldnt find and what wasnt used to build stuff) in statistic.

So, if you could change storage stack to 2500 e.g., so you see the steel icon on DSU and the number below. Wouldnt it count then?

Problem with the load was, if you allow transport it will bring u only 75 steel in the end. Funny... though... if one takes the 900 stack to build sth all can be used.

Couldnt that bug used for DSU? Or maybe its a hint how u can make it working?

SkyBreach

This mod is a brilliant idea, hope I dont have any problem combining it with other mods. I can already imagine the potential of Mechanical Defense in a new colony, so im gonna start a new game from scratch to see what it can do. Thanks for making this mod and for keep it alive!  :)
Knowledge is Power

Rock5

If all my resources are in a DSU and only 75 are showing, what I do is have a small stockpile zone with a higher priority with enough resources to make whatever I might want to make.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Ratys

I've been tinkering with exact same thing earlier :D  It's not released yet as it's part of a "generics" library I'm working on (to power a few of my hopefully future mods), but you can take a look at it here; there are a few example building thrown into new "automatics" building category. Download the "Distrib" folder and use as a normal mod.

Right now I have two versions of storage:
  Deep Storage that goes through items adjacent to it (in order of increasing storage priority, meaning unstored items get gobbled up first) and if there's that kind of item already on top of it - fuses the stacks, going above normal limit up to configurableValue*maxStackSize;
  Quantum Stockpile that, again, goes through adjacent items and simply moves items on top of it, fusing stacks if needed (up to normal limit), with up to a configurable amount of stacks/items on a single spot; perfect for storing guns and armor.

Both versions display stacks plainly in the world, so they count in that resources list, and are components - meaning you can attach them to any Building_Storage, or even something like a power conduit sitting under a stockpile zone.

skullywag

o.O you did what now, isnt that the holy grail of rimworld storage?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Slan

Bug : Name are reset on reload. (Think i've seen it mentioned before)
Bug : We need a bed for each robot or the game spam us with "missing beds".
Unbalanced : Skill 14 for a Rank/Tier I robot is lot too much i think. Can you think about a tier system ? (T1_Skill2, T2_Skill5, T3_Skill8, T4_Skill11 & T5_Skill14 fo example) Also i think they are too speedy ;)

Anyway i love your robots ! Thanks a lot for your mod.