[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IWannaChaos

Quote from: mipen on March 06, 2015, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2015, 05:32:47 PM
Anyway to get the A2B: conveyor belts & co.  work's for the Ore extractor's ?
Would be nice to have an auto. coal feeder with these belt's.

I tryed first to build the feeder on the output field of the ore extractor, but i can't build there.
Same with the belt - loader, can't build it on the output field.
Placing a belt feeder directly adjacent to the ore extractor should result in the extractor outputting to that instead
Have you tested that? When I tried it the game said I was blocking the ore extractor's interaction spot.

Yas

Quote from: IWannaChaos on March 06, 2015, 09:03:25 PM

Have you tested that? When I tried it the game said I was blocking the ore extractor's interaction spot.

Next to the output spot. Have 4 extractors in a row like

Hope that helps.

Yas

Quote from: Canute on March 07, 2015, 04:06:17 AM
Yep that made it clear.
I think this pic should be part of the starting page ! :-)

Glad it helped.

Not sure about startpage since this is MD2 and A2B is a different mod. But I dont mind if Mipen wants to use it though.

Speaking of startpage... Mipen, Shinzy and Jabbamonkey ... those new textures rock, really!

nuschler22

Quote from: mipen on March 04, 2015, 04:38:11 PM
Try using manual priorities to prioritise their jobs. There is a bug where using natural priorities doesn't do anything for them, I'll fix this in the next update.

By manual priorities, do you mean the check marks or the numbers?  I have the numbers with only a "1" in cleaning and everything else blank. 

mipen

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 07, 2015, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: mipen on March 04, 2015, 04:38:11 PM
Try using manual priorities to prioritise their jobs. There is a bug where using natural priorities doesn't do anything for them, I'll fix this in the next update.

By manual priorities, do you mean the check marks or the numbers?  I have the numbers with only a "1" in cleaning and everything else blank. 

The numbers, set the one you don't want to a lower priority than the one you do want and they will do that instead. I've fixed this bug for the next update though, which should be up today or tomorrow

Fox

thanks man

nuschler22

For whatever reason, I can't name the Basic Combat Droid.  Every other droid is fine as far as I can tell. 

Just a minor bug. :)

Also, is there a way to remove the need for droids to have colonist beds?

Edit: After a reload, I was able to change the name on the combat droid.  Weird.

Ratys

Woo, update! Haven't found any issues myself.

Yet to try the 6beta, but: I did some poking around regarding MapComponent injection into existing games (using it for my Mad Skills mod), and documented one of the solutions here.

jabbamonkey

Noticed a minor bug when combine with the Pawn State mod.

All of the droids have a "crutches" icon next to them. The crutch icon means the character is "ineffective". It doesn't affect the gameplay, but the crutch icon appears next to EVERY droid. Just a little irritating.

Vonholtz

Quote from: jabbamonkey on March 08, 2015, 10:59:58 PM
Noticed a minor bug when combine with the Pawn State mod.

All of the droids have a "crutches" icon next to them. The crutch icon means the character is "ineffective". It doesn't affect the gameplay, but the crutch icon appears next to EVERY droid. Just a little irritating.
Yep I to am running Pawn State icons. I get a red crutch on all droids. The red means immobility but the droids are moving just fine. I also get the naked and have no weapon icons even for droids who do not use weapons. I am not sure if this is more of a thing with this mod as much as it is with the Pawn state icon mod? But I agree it is there.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Vonholtz on March 08, 2015, 11:13:14 PM
Yep I to am running Pawn State icons. I get a red crutch on all droids. The red means immobility but the droids are moving just fine. I also get the naked and have no weapon icons even for droids who do not use weapons. I am not sure if this is more of a thing with this mod as much as it is with the Pawn state icon mod? But I agree it is there.

Tough to say ... The pawn state is adding icons to ALL the characters (which it is designed to do). So, it adds the icons to the people AND the droids. The Mech Def 2 didn't have to worry about any icons, because they are not part of the core.  So, either Mech Def 2 has to change things so the icons dont show on the droids... or the pawn state needs to factor in droids. 

While I love mech def 2, I think alot of people use the icons (as it helps the user interface and micromanagement of the core game).

mipen

Does this mod add icons to only pawns belonging to the colony? Or any pawn on the map? If it is just to pawns of the colony, these issues could come from the fact that it is looking for pawns with a human body def, whereas the droids at the moment are using the mechanoid body def, and will eventually have their own unique body def once I get around to it. If this is the cause of the issue, then there is nothing I can do to fix the incompatability, and you will have to kindly ask the mod author for a compatability patch. Even if that is not the cause, I severely doubt there is anything that can be done on my end to fix it

harpo99999

from my limited observations, the pawn state icons only show up for the colonists and prisioners, not for attackers or visitors/animals

Vonholtz

Quote from: harpo99999 on March 09, 2015, 05:05:21 AM
from my limited observations, the pawn state icons only show up for the colonists and prisioners, not for attackers or visitors/animals
I agree They only show up on the colonists and any one you have taking as a prisioners. I do think the icons show up on allies you have rescued but I might be wrong on that. But it dose not show up till they are under your control if it dose.