[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: FireRat on May 04, 2015, 05:44:28 AM
Do I have to trade for coal? Or can I mine it??

Also what is the point of the deep storage things? They only hold one item just lots of it?

You can trade for coal or use an Ore Extractor to mine it. Alternatively, you can make charcoal at an electric smelter by burning wood; charcoal can be used in place of coal. I will be adding coal ore that generates in the world in a little while.

Yup that's what they do :) It saves on floor space, imagine that you have twenty stacks of an item, each at 75, thats a total of 1500 of that item. If you were to store it all on the floor, it would take up 20 spaces, but with a deep storage unit it will only take two spaces (the size of the storage unit itself)

Dregod

These are definatly the droids im looking for, Thanks mipen! You're a gentlemen and a scholar

LittleGreenStone

I've noticed mining, crafting, cooking and growing droids can repair and construct as well. Is it a bug, intended feature or conflicts with another other mod I use?

Also, is there a way to repair damaged droids?

Thank you, love them little tin-cans roaming around!

mipen

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 04, 2015, 07:30:19 PM
I've noticed mining, crafting, cooking and growing droids can repair and construct as well. Is it a bug, intended feature or conflicts with another other mod I use?

It's a bug that can't be fixed because of how the game handles who can do what. They won't automatically go do those jobs though, but yes you can prioritise them to do it (unfortunately) they regenerate slowly on their own for now, later on I will figure out a repair system for them

FireRat

I can not build the Control Console. The resources required to build it show up but no texture and I can't place it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9ol3r1ih0t8hfi/problem.png?dl=0

hank4

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: mipen on May 04, 2015, 10:54:57 PM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 04, 2015, 07:30:19 PM

It's a bug that can't be fixed because of how the game handles who can do what. They won't automatically go do those jobs though, but yes you can prioritise them to do it (unfortunately) they regenerate slowly on their own for now, later on I will figure out a repair system for them

Sweet. Auto-repair is, in my opinion, a good placeholder for now, at least better than not being able to repair them at all. ^^
And well, this bug of them capable of constructing does not render them useless, it's ignorable.

I love them, my hauler brigade and especially crematorius! You work wonders ^^

Nimrod

Hey there!

Love your droids!

Say, I noticed droids get better at their job. Is it possible to disable that? (I would like to see them as servants, not the master race :D )
Also, I cant figure out where you set their exact skillpoints in your config files...
I would appreciate the help if you find some time, thanks!

Cheers!

stranger080

Is there any way you can post a version with all components combined?

Simulacrum0

This mod is really cool but droids brake the timetable ui dbug log spams
(Exception doing OnUI imput for layer RimWorld.dialog_Overview: System.NullReferenceException: Objet refrence not set to an instance of an object at RimWorld.OTab Timetables.drawTimeAssigmentRect (Verse.Pawn d. Rect r. int32 Hour) [0x000001 in<filename unknown>:0) base and droids are the only 2 mods i have running so its not a conflict. the game still works but any new colonist don't get added to the timetable.

Searlefm

Quote from: FireRat on May 05, 2015, 04:52:05 AM
I can not build the Control Console. The resources required to build it show up but no texture and I can't place it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9ol3r1ih0t8hfi/problem.png?dl=0

yer im having the same problem for some reason.

thefinn

Heh, I did something weird.

I decided to START with a logistics droid. Unfortunately it completely breaks the timetable for EVERYONE not sure why, you'd probably know better than I would.

Glad to have droids back tho ;)

LittleGreenStone

Mipen, I think I broke one of your mods... ^^

I was trying to make DSUs work with Superior Crafting, so I replaced the materials requirement -it worked. Then I noticed I can't stack foods (actually, why?) and so I proceeded to replace the categories to
<li>Resources</li>. It did NOT work. Broke my save (happens to me way too often), but upon creating a new colony I noticed I can no longer build DSUs. At all.

So I've replaced the modified def with the original, it worked again, made the same changes and this time it still worked (with a new colony), however now I can build them any time without having to research... o_o
No, I didn't even look at the recipedef thingy, and I don't even know how to open a .dll, I only changed these two values in DSU.xml.

I'm using a bunch of other mods also, including the...mod order mod (whatever its name is); any suggestions in which order I should place these two mods? SC and your core+submods?

I started to fear tampering with it any more than that...

Thanks! :)

iamthebest22

yeah my timetable is bugged too, can't show more than 12 people/droids