[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galleg

Those droids are stealing all the jobs of my colonists!! How will they provide?!

No, really, VERY nice mod.

millenium

also a note on the offworld construction satellite. i love the idea very similar to something i read in a book once but i find that it hangs up on itself alot when i know i have the right materials in my stores for what can be considered the final product. the way you implemented this feature is great because it stops me from just saying craft everything i need but it also has the issue above. considering the size of the control console i would like to forward the idea of that being the actual crafter with resource management being as it is now. just have it only able to handle one recipe at a time so you have to have multiple auto crafting stations for each item. you would also have to drastically increase the power draw.

on the note of power draw i automated this but i would like to know if the coal furnaces turn off when output exceeds battery capacity and power draw.

FireRat

I just tried to play a new colony with only your mods active and the Control Console still does not work. Says MD2ManufactoringControlCosole has Null thingclass and its thingclass is not thingwithcomps

MechanoidHater

The only thing I dislike about this mod is that I cant repair/heal my droids.

Th2

So I can't build an assembly line with the Manufacturing plant no matter how much I press the button, rendering the whole thing entirely useless...

mipen

Quote from: FireRat on May 09, 2015, 06:15:18 PM
I just tried to play a new colony with only your mods active and the Control Console still does not work. Says MD2ManufactoringControlCosole has Null thingclass and its thingclass is not thingwithcomps

I've tested it and it works for me, are you using a fresh install and the right version? Is there any more information you could give me?

Quote from: Th2 on May 10, 2015, 05:08:28 AM
So I can't build an assembly line with the Manufacturing plant no matter how much I press the button, rendering the whole thing entirely useless...
Are there any error messages or anything? Does anything come up?

mveldth

I updated from MD2Base-6 to MD2Base-7, and when I try to load my saved game, the frames are no longer cleared between draws, no tiles are drawn and my debug log is filled with:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick().

I've reduced this down to only the update from Base-6 to Base-7, without changing other mods. I've made sure that MD2Base is in the same position load order-wise. The errors only start when loading a save, the main menu comes up fine.

Starting a new save is also fine, it's just that my current world doesn't want to load...

LegendZero88

I also have porblems when i create new world with your mod updated i will receive a bunch of error.

millenium

welp still having issues with droid rereplaced the file for them. now their spawning as the old coal texture and their  recognized as droid spawner but they don't spawn droids.

[attachment deleted due to age]

diskincluded

Quote from: mipen on May 10, 2015, 05:56:29 AM

I'm also having this problem. I'm running the edb mod order mod, and MD2. Here's a screenshot of the debug log.

Th2

QuoteQuote from: mipen on May 10, 2015, 05:56:29 AM
Nope, I spam press the button and nothing happens, however I'm running heaps of mods, so that that might hurt it...

Devdisigdu

Quote from: diskincluded on May 11, 2015, 02:36:05 AM
Quote from: mipen on May 10, 2015, 05:56:29 AM

I'm also having this problem. I'm running the edb mod order mod, and MD2. Here's a screenshot of the debug log.

I can confirm that I also get errors with the Assembly lines. I even created a new world and colony to test with. Same thing.

millenium

mipen

Okay, I know what is causing the problems with the manufacturing, I forgot to move some files around :L I'll upload a fix soon as I get home. The droids I think have a similar problem, I will have to test a couple of things to see what went wrong

cron0

I seem to have found two issues with Droids:

1) My droids never repair structures by themselves. Even if their timetables have Repairing set as top priority they will always to something else or idle. I can however instruct them to repair a structure manually. (tried with Mining, Crafting and Builder droids which all have constructing/repairing capabilities in their timetables)

2) My crafting droids will not go work on Smithing Bench jobs automatically. Instructing them to work on a smithing bench they will work for a while and them go do something else - they never come back to finish the job. They will however go do Stonecutting, Smelting and Machining jobs automatically if any of those are needed. Tested by suspending everything except for my smithing benches and my crafting droids were wandering around doing nothing. They all have smithing set to 1 in their timetables.

Hope this can get fixed :-)

Thanks for the great mod!