[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Fixed the problems with droids and manufacturing plant, the problem was that I simple forgot to copy over a def that I was moving around >.<

Quote from: cron0 on May 11, 2015, 07:27:14 PM
I seem to have found two issues with Droids:

1) My droids never repair structures by themselves. Even if their timetables have Repairing set as top priority they will always to something else or idle. I can however instruct them to repair a structure manually. (tried with Mining, Crafting and Builder droids which all have constructing/repairing capabilities in their timetables)

2) My crafting droids will not go work on Smithing Bench jobs automatically. Instructing them to work on a smithing bench they will work for a while and them go do something else - they never come back to finish the job. They will however go do Stonecutting, Smelting and Machining jobs automatically if any of those are needed. Tested by suspending everything except for my smithing benches and my crafting droids were wandering around doing nothing. They all have smithing set to 1 in their timetables.

Hope this can get fixed :-)

Thanks for the great mod!
Thanks for letting me know!
1) I just tried and builder droids will construct/repair according to their work settings. I tested by building a wall, and using dev tools to damage parts as they are built. The droid would build, and when something was damaged it went straight to it. When you were testing, did you have any other colonists taking the jobs? Any droids who aren't builders will never search to build or repair anything, I just can't disable those from the work settings because of how the game works.
2) Crafting droids will do smithing jobs now, I didn't realise they were separated out into different work from crafting.

diskincluded

Quote from: mipen on May 11, 2015, 06:31:26 PM
Okay, I know what is causing the problems with the manufacturing, I forgot to move some files around :L I'll upload a fix soon as I get home. The droids I think have a similar problem, I will have to test a couple of things to see what went wrong

Great, thankyou :D

theubie

Quote from: mipen on May 11, 2015, 10:19:42 PM
Fixed the problems with droids and manufacturing plant, the problem was that I simple forgot to copy over a def that I was moving around >.<

Quote from: cron0 on May 11, 2015, 07:27:14 PM
I seem to have found two issues with Droids:

1) My droids never repair structures by themselves. Even if their timetables have Repairing set as top priority they will always to something else or idle. I can however instruct them to repair a structure manually. (tried with Mining, Crafting and Builder droids which all have constructing/repairing capabilities in their timetables)

2) My crafting droids will not go work on Smithing Bench jobs automatically. Instructing them to work on a smithing bench they will work for a while and them go do something else - they never come back to finish the job. They will however go do Stonecutting, Smelting and Machining jobs automatically if any of those are needed. Tested by suspending everything except for my smithing benches and my crafting droids were wandering around doing nothing. They all have smithing set to 1 in their timetables.

Hope this can get fixed :-)

Thanks for the great mod!
Thanks for letting me know!
1) I just tried and builder droids will construct/repair according to their work settings. I tested by building a wall, and using dev tools to damage parts as they are built. The droid would build, and when something was damaged it went straight to it. When you were testing, did you have any other colonists taking the jobs? Any droids who aren't builders will never search to build or repair anything, I just can't disable those from the work settings because of how the game works.
2) Crafting droids will do smithing jobs now, I didn't realise they were separated out into different work from crafting.

You also applied this fix for tailoring as well, correct?  (has the same symptoms, so I assume it's a similar fix.)

LittleGreenStone

Say, Mipen, droids have a lv15(?) skill, and they have a 1.5 multiplier for the certain works they are built for, if I'm not mistaken.
I've noticed I cannot open the info tab of droids and see how much they have improved. The reason I wanted to do that is because I might have also noticed droids losing xp and de-leveling, if there's no task to perform. At least my medical droid's skill appeared to be 15 at first, then only 14. I will do a more thorough test soon, if you'd like the results.

Anyway, is it intended, us being unable to see the droids' skills?

Thank you.

Ninefinger

i would just like to add that i really like the fact that droids can not train there skills up since they already come with a high skill level, the way i see it is, you build a high efficient machine that eventually wears down and needs to be replaced, its a nice unintended balance feature. :D

makaru

Quote from: theubie on May 11, 2015, 11:33:41 PM
You also applied this fix for tailoring as well, correct?  (has the same symptoms, so I assume it's a similar fix.)

I just tested this latest release and it doesn't appear to resolve the same issue for tailoring.

Adamiks

Bug report: My cooking droid and growing droid can build/repair. I don't think this should be in that way (and in xml files i don't see <construction> as allowed for this droids).

delous

I love your mod but ive started running into some hiccups.
My bots dont heal. They dont heal themselves or use med beds but what ive seen start happening is a few of my bots have started this endless loop where they want to use the bed but they arent allowed so they freeze in place kind of blinking trying to do it over and over but not performing any other tasks. Maybe you can let them use the med beds at least until you find a diff way to heal them?
Is it possible to make a warden bot or give the warden ability to the medic? Also do you recommend any weapon crafting mods that is compatible with yours?

BMS

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7179.0 - bruns security co seems to be the one i ended up with to craft weapons and medical kits woot! Also having issues with smithing tailoring etc but trying rel 14 now - the droid did eventually pick up the job at the medical table and make med kits for me was strange it took so long for him to "find" the bill.

-update i noticed i cant send my humans that can craft to craft at the medical table (right click priority make med kit) so either there is a skill req not reflected in the UI or the med kit is broke - however my droid DID create med kits one round.  Also my droid seems to have no problem making 4 assault rifles in a row with bruns security and works great with magic tech https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12783.0
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Cdr.Keen

maybe someone answered it yet, but how to get sand on a map without sand? or how to craft silicon without sand?
be water my friend!

TimTumm

I can answer that.  The stonecutter bench can make sand out of any rock.

Now, my own question:

How do you repair your droids?  I had some deer crack some droids up.  The droids are walking around fine, but I am annoyed by the message that says "colonist needs treatment" and want to get rid of it.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: TimTumm on May 13, 2015, 12:21:18 PM
I can answer that.  The stonecutter bench can make sand out of any rock.

Now, my own question:

How do you repair your droids?  I had some deer crack some droids up.  The droids are walking around fine, but I am annoyed by the message that says "colonist needs treatment" and want to get rid of it.

You don't. Mipen have not implemented repair yet. As far as I know, he's working on it/planning on working on it. As of yet, they'll heal slowly, unless they are damaged badly. Then you'll have a cripplebot to send to explode in front of your enemies. ^^

Adamiks

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 04:33:49 AM
You don't. Mipen have not implemented repair yet. As far as I know, he's working on it/planning on working on it. As of yet, they'll heal slowly, unless they are damaged badly. Then you'll have a cripplebot to send to explode in front of your enemies. ^^

Better just heal them by the developer mode ^^

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Adamiks on May 14, 2015, 07:13:37 AM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 04:33:49 AM

Better just heal them by the developer mode ^^

That'd be cheating!

...how? ^^