[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 10:49:58 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 14, 2015, 07:13:37 AM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 14, 2015, 04:33:49 AM
You don't. Mipen have not implemented repair yet. As far as I know, he's working on it/planning on working on it. As of yet, they'll heal slowly, unless they are damaged badly. Then you'll have a cripplebot to send to explode in front of your enemies. ^^

Better just heal them by the developer mode ^^

That'd be cheating!

...how? ^^

This wouldn't be cheating, cus this don't my fault that droids don't heal.

How? First, you must select "developer mode" in options, then..... Shit.... I don't know how to explain this... Anyway when you find the "good one" page, then select "apply damage", then "restore body part", then choose torso - all wounds will be healed!

BMS

Droid doesnt eat sleep need bedrooms get sick care about space temperature people being sold as slaves or death start with 14 skill - your already cheating ;)  I would like to see something like the hive mind from the apothecary mod or the PAL system from the more mech mod where they depended on something - this is by far my favorite mod but every colony ends the same - IF i can make it to researching droids - i get rich and my guys end up making art for the rest of their miserable lives.  While mipen fixes these issues we should be thinking of "the next phase"  something to add a level of danger to the droids, a mental breakdown of sorts.  at the very least they should shut down during solar flare maybe just go nuts and start deconstructing stuff shooting at humans making the wrong item at the table - maybe add a "mechanical" skill like smithing tailoring but for droids and they wear out like clothing if you dont take care of them - maybe drop the charge pad and have them consume batteries so you have to keep building something to keep them running - maybe....?
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Dragoon

Quote from: BMS on May 14, 2015, 09:42:54 PM
at the very least they should shut down during solar flare maybe just go nuts and start deconstructing stuff shooting at humans making the wrong item at the table - maybe add a "mechanical" skill like smithing tailoring but for droids and they wear out like clothing if you dont take care of them - maybe drop the charge pad and have them consume batteries so you have to keep building something to keep them running - maybe....?

"they should shut down during solar flare maybe just go nuts and start deconstructing stuff shooting at humans making the wrong item at the table "
1.That is a terrible idea way to much risk of the storyteller screwing you over and pawns doing something wrong we have all seen how the pawns are.

"maybe add a "mechanical" skill like smithing tailoring but for droids and they wear out like clothing if you don't take care of them"
2.That seems highly unnecessary if they will be allowed to get repaired or repair themselves they would just do that already.

"maybe drop the charge pad and have them consume batteries so you have to keep building something to keep them running - maybe....?"
3.Keep building something to keep them running? That seem like something that will backfire horribly (after all they don't always rush back to the pad pawns will be pawns. Humans won't wake up even if they very hungry) and the charge pad seems to be very well balanced.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

BMS

Quote from: Dragoon on May 15, 2015, 01:36:36 AM
1.That is a terrible idea way to much risk ...

This mod is easy mode I have yet to have a droid blow up from not being charged i would like a tiny bit of challenge.

Quote from: Dragoon on May 15, 2015, 01:36:36 AM
2.That seems highly unnecessary ...

my crafting droid runs in a tight circle between the indoor stockpile and the table to craft he should require some maint besides being shot and needing repair
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

ogre51

Hello,
   First off thanks for the neat mod. I have some questions concerning the Droids. Is the only way to repair a Basic Combat Droid to dissemble it?

I have a constant message that one of my colonists needs medical attention, it is the droid. Secondly, the game constantly states I need more beds for the colonists. I do not. I have 4 logistic and 1 combat droid. I assume that the droids are considered a "colonist" as they should be. However they have different rules. For one they work 7/24. I feel they should not be included with bed and medical needs. I am using them not as a replacement for my colonists but as a "guard" and clean/haul duties to free up my colonists to do other stuff.

The ability to use a work bench, possibly machining or even the actual droid creation bench to repair them is interesting, and the recharge pods could be their "beds". Overall this a very interesting mod and I am still experimenting and learning.

Another aspect I have noticed of the Combat Droids pathing is that it almost centers itself in the center of my base. I would rather see the option to possibly assign them to an area like my entrance gate. I have attempted to draft him/her/it and place them there and deactivate them but I prefer them to kind of "patrol". Oh well. Having the tin man reside within my kitchen/recreation area does create a wee but of chaos when everyone decides to utilize those areas ;D

Ogre

Jaredmatt200

Im surprised many have had the mod work out of most the mods Ive used till the update that I downloaded this mod wont work at all, everytime I try to build any building within this mod it would go under construction then when construction was complete the object would then just disappear and take the materials with it, how would I correct this?

BMS

Ogre51 - how to repair has been covered with developer mode as we do not have repair bay or some other solution yet (i know 52 pages of posts seems like a big task to tackle but it IS on the same page your post is on).  The bed thing has been around a while - it annoyed at first but now i dont even notice it.  I like your idea of making a "bed" that they can use resolving the repair and the bed issue with the same build.  All my droids idle in the middle of my base ... i build a common room then link 4 bedrooms off of it - the droids dont usually path through TWO doors to wander but sometimes they do - if thats the case i just put them in a room together and deactivate them - you usually have plenty of time to activate them if a problem occurs.

Jaredmatt200 - pretty sure your issue is from another mod - i run this mod (with all pieces turned on) magic tech and RT's mods and EPOE  and EdB and i dont have this construction disappear issue. though i do remember reading it somewhere maybe list all your mods?  is this a new world? new colony?

bigmap

After build Fissure Generator, save and load,Have error。

[attachment deleted due to age]

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Jaredmatt200 on May 15, 2015, 05:00:42 PM
Im surprised many have had the mod work out of most the mods Ive used till the update that I downloaded this mod wont work at all, everytime I try to build any building within this mod it would go under construction then when construction was complete the object would then just disappear and take the materials with it, how would I correct this?

I've had the same issue.
As said, it is a conflict with another mod (combat realism is my main suspect, though I could be wrong).
I have no idea how I fixed it, but it'd help a lot if you posted a screenshot of the error it pops up.

Adamiks

Quote from: BMS on May 14, 2015, 09:42:54 PM
Droid doesnt eat sleep need bedrooms get sick care about space temperature people being sold as slaves or death start with 14 skill - your already cheating ;)

Maybe they don't sleep and eat but they need power (1000w per droid when they "sleeping"), maybe they don't get sick bu they explode when die (and maybe kill someone), actually my colonists don't care too about slaves/deaths :D And maybe they have 14 skill on start but they can do only one type of job. So they are useless by half of the time and they killing FPS.

BMS

Quote from: Adamiks on May 16, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
So they are useless by half of the time and they killing FPS.

True story, since alpha 10 ive had to cut back on the number of droids i use. 

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 17, 2015, 09:57:24 AM
Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 17, 2015, 09:38:51 AM
Hey Nine wanted to ask to see if you're having issues with the crafting droid not making electronic chips at the powered smithing table automatically. I can get him to prioritize making them and then he makes them once and then goes back to being idle. not sure if this is an issue on my part or not, nothing else is being crafted he just wanders around idle after everything else hits quota

The droids not crafting is a droid mod issue, you will have to post the bug at the Original mod forum.

I will look into seeing what i can do on my end to fix it but no promises.

Potential bug

Edit: Same thing is happening at the tailor workbench with parkas

ArmyHeLL07

Hello. I have a issue with the droid assembly table. When im trying to build it its goin to disappear... Here some pictures

First :
Second :
Third :

What do you guys think?

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: ArmyHeLL07 on May 18, 2015, 08:14:41 AM
Hello. I have a issue with the droid assembly table. When im trying to build it its goin to disappear... Here some pictures

What do you guys think?

I can say what I've said before; I had the same issue, I've managed to overcome it, however I don't remember how. If you could enable dev mode and post a screenshot of the error it pops, I *might* be able to help.
Or others. But without it? Slim chance anyone could.

ArmyHeLL07

QuoteI can say what I've said before; I had the same issue, I've managed to overcome it, however I don't remember how. If you could enable dev mode and post a screenshot of the error it pops, I *might* be able to help.
Or others. But without it? Slim chance anyone could.

i dont know how to open dev mode (i just started 1 or 2 month ago)