[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Tycoon2 on May 23, 2015, 09:06:50 PM
Hey Mipen. I am having issues with the mod. I have them downloaded and in my mods folder with the  Core first and the Mech Defense Core first and then other mods as fallows. When I turn on the game I recieve a bunch of XML errors for the mod. These are the only mods oi use and Im using alpha 10 of the game. Please help I am new to downloading mods this way. Steam has spoiled me.
Hi there, your mod order should look like this:

Core
MD2Base
<Other modules>

Are you using Edb Mod Order? If not, I would highly recommend it as it really makes using mods so much easier. Just remember that Core (the vanilla game part) must always be loaded first

mipen

Quote from: MechanoidHater on May 21, 2015, 02:29:51 PM
Got this error when trying to place a droid in hospital bed
obDriver threw exception in Tick. Pawn=Hauler 2, Job=LayDown A=HospitalBed846363 C=(0, 0, 0) Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.JobDriver_LayDown+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator53.<>m__9F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Thanks for letting me know, I have fixed it for the latest version

Tycoon2

Hello Again Mipen and thanks for the response. However it is in that exact order. Ill try to attach two screenshots of the load order i have as well and some of the error codes I am getting. Another thing that might be helpful is that I can make the stuff and research things from MD2 however when making them my constructors will build it and it will disappear once built however will still have those spaces still open to having another spot built. Its like it gets deleted once the constructor completes building it And I cannot attach the picture because it is over 600kb. Lame.

mipen

Quote from: Tycoon2 on May 25, 2015, 10:57:29 PM
Hello Again Mipen and thanks for the response. However it is in that exact order. Ill try to attach two screenshots of the load order i have as well and some of the error codes I am getting. Another thing that might be helpful is that I can make the stuff and research things from MD2 however when making them my constructors will build it and it will disappear once built however will still have those spaces still open to having another spot built. Its like it gets deleted once the constructor completes building it And I cannot attach the picture because it is over 600kb. Lame.
Are you using superior crafting by any chance? I've had a lot of reports that sc breaks md2. I would suggest trying to load the game with no mods other than md2 and see if that works

Tycoon2

Are you using superior crafting by any chance? I've had a lot of reports that sc breaks md2. I would suggest trying to load the game with no mods other than md2 and see if that works
[/quote]
No I am not using any other mods with the game. This is the one and only mod I am using for the game so far as I saw Kage848 play with it in his Rimworld lets play on youtube.

mipen

Quote from: Tycoon2 on May 27, 2015, 07:09:16 PM

No I am not using any other mods with the game. This is the one and only mod I am using for the game so far as I saw Kage848 play with it in his Rimworld lets play on youtube.
I'm sorry, I really don't know what could be causing this problem :( Try reinstalling everything from a fresh download. And once you have activated all the mods, restart the game before you try playing it. Other than that I don't know what can be done sorry D:

mipen

Finally released the update that lets you repair droids! Build a Droid Repair Station and give it power. When a droid is damaged, it will go to the repair station to get repairs. To replace a missing body part, the repair station requires that a Repair Station Supplier be built next to it (just like a hopper). Each missing body part will take 10 steel to be replaced. Unfortunately, this update breaks combat droids as you are unable to prioritise them  picking up weapons. The next update will fix this issue.

deadlydullahan

Question, in Alpha 11 do you have plans in making the droids function a bit more like colonist in which you can replace body parts etc, instead of spending 10 steel to replace a missing body part, you'd need a new droid arm? I know this sounds like a lot of work but it's just a suggestion and it'd be cool to see droid traders appear selling droid parts/upgrades. Of course this suggestion is more of a "in the long wrong" question as I see this mod still has an insane amount of potential and a great modder behind the table  ;D

Tycoon2

Hello mipen thanks for the awesome quick responses. Could you send me a personal message with an email or steam account name i can message you and hopefully send you a picture of what I am seeing so you can easily see what i am talking about?

themightysushicat

I really like the update. I was really annoyed when my droids would be damaged and I couldn't heal them. But that's all better!

pktongrimworld

new game required for this update?

* I mean, when you fix combat droids that is.

BMS

not sure about new game - i tried to load it into my existing game and got a load of errors but im using several mods and close to finishing this round so i just rolled back to droid 6 will dig into it more later
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

mipen

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 27, 2015, 09:45:49 PM
Question, in Alpha 11 do you have plans in making the droids function a bit more like colonist in which you can replace body parts etc, instead of spending 10 steel to replace a missing body part, you'd need a new droid arm? I know this sounds like a lot of work but it's just a suggestion and it'd be cool to see droid traders appear selling droid parts/upgrades. Of course this suggestion is more of a "in the long wrong" question as I see this mod still has an insane amount of potential and a great modder behind the table  ;D
That's the plan :) I want to have fully upgradeable droids with tonnes of different unique parts you can get to really change how the droids work. I also want to get rid of the different 'types' of droids and let the player build their own types, so you can pick and choose what a droid does and maybe save the designs. Choosing more things would increase build cost/time etc. That's sort of where I want to take the droids, but that's a long term goal, I don't have enough time at the moment :(

mipen

Quote from: themightysushicat on May 27, 2015, 10:25:35 PM
I really like the update. I was really annoyed when my droids would be damaged and I couldn't heal them. But that's all better!
Thanks! :)

Quote from: pktongrimworld on May 28, 2015, 12:20:23 AM
new game required for this update?

* I mean, when you fix combat droids that is.
Quote from: BMS on May 28, 2015, 08:46:12 PM
not sure about new game - i tried to load it into my existing game and got a load of errors but im using several mods and close to finishing this round so i just rolled back to droid 6 will dig into it more later
Yes I believe it will require a fresh game and world unfortunately :(

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: mipen on May 29, 2015, 01:26:17 AM

Yes I believe it will require a fresh game and world unfortunately :(

A small price to pay! Finally I don't have to build new ones while sending those damaged to do some blowing-up somewhere it's useful. ^^