[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themightysushicat

Ive had this issue where when I tried to load the game it would not load properly. When I opened dev mode it told me it was due to this mod. I tried to take them out it gave me a black screen. Anybody else have this problem?

Shtuka

Drones has no dots in task circles and they have an icons issues. Sometimes this issues spreads to the regular colonists. Anyway to fix it?

mipen

Quote from: themightysushicat on May 29, 2015, 03:49:57 PM
Ive had this issue where when I tried to load the game it would not load properly. When I opened dev mode it told me it was due to this mod. I tried to take them out it gave me a black screen. Anybody else have this problem?
Could you give me a little more information on what happened? Are you using any other mods? Could you post your output log for me to look at? I'm afraid I can't do much without more information on the problem you're having

MightyGooga

Dude,

Thanks for the awsome mod. I have a simple request: Please add the branch version of the mods in the description of the first post. Ist a pain having to open all of them to see what is what. Can you do that? Thank you. Also. Droids are to cheap to build. And we need more kinds of droids with upgrades.

iceweasel

Quote from: themightysushicat on May 29, 2015, 03:49:57 PM

I had the same problem. While messing around trying to figure which mod was causing the problem(it's the droids mod specifically that causes the problem) I realised that I hadn't installed backstories core. Dropped it in along with EdB mod order( to make sure backstories loads before droids) and huzzah! it's working now.

Katorone

Is it possible to confine the droids to a space?  For instance by building a kind of enclosure that they can't cross?

BMS

Quote from: Katorone on May 30, 2015, 07:18:50 AM
Is it possible to confine the droids to a space?  For instance by building a kind of enclosure that they can't cross?

I usually just have an empty room i draft them to then deactivate them but you have a good point - every droid in a movie etc has a place to sit and idle. now that we have a place to repair time to QQ about something new :)  maybe a bay that uses no power that has a bill for "do forever" with a priority of 4 and everything else they do has prio of 3
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Katorone

I don't really mean it like that.
More like, locking doors for droids only, or making some kind of fence that colonists can cross but droids can't.  This way you can tell logistics droids to stay near your hydroponics or the crafting droid in a specific room.

BMS

hmm invis fence like a dog fence.... maybe in 11 when we have upgradeable droids have the base unit that can only get orders inside wifi area then upgraded unit can travel wherever he wants /shrug
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

BMS

backstory mod- check
new world - check
new colony - check
researched droid charge pad - cant build it cant spawn it through debug
(looked in droidchargepad.xml looks like i need to research repair station first? - kinda sideways since i need to research charge pad to research droids)
<researchPrerequisite>MD2DroidRepairStation</researchPrerequisite>
and from droidresearch.xml

<defName>MD2DroidRepairStation</defName>   
    <prerequisites>
      <li>MD2DroidCharger</li>
    </prerequisites>

research logistics droid - build him - he doesnt spawn or appear in my edb colonist UI

when i spawn him through debug he shows up but throws a bunch of errors object not set to instance just keeps counting up

mipen

Quote from: BMS on June 01, 2015, 09:24:19 AM
backstory mod- check
new world - check
new colony - check
researched droid charge pad - cant build it cant spawn it through debug
(looked in droidchargepad.xml looks like i need to research repair station first? - kinda sideways since i need to research charge pad to research droids)
<researchPrerequisite>MD2DroidRepairStation</researchPrerequisite>
and from droidresearch.xml

<defName>MD2DroidRepairStation</defName>   
    <prerequisites>
      <li>MD2DroidCharger</li>
    </prerequisites>

research logistics droid - build him - he doesnt spawn or appear in my edb colonist UI

when i spawn him through debug he shows up but throws a bunch of errors object not set to instance just keeps counting up
Whoops, that it a mistake and a half! I must have bungled up the Def somewhere along the line. You can just change or remove the prerequisite for now to fix it yourself and I'll upload the fix when I get a chance. To spawn droids through the debug menu you need to go to "try place direct thing" and choose the droid spawner for the type you want. Do any error messages or anything come up when you try to build it from the droid assembly?

BMS

Sorry my last post was a little... meh :P  I was so excited to get to repair droids and so unexcited when i had failure to launch.  I  loaded my autosave and my (spawned) droid was there and didnt give me object errors and he went right to work... i closed out completely and reopened and loaded two saves earlier then rebuilt the droid table created the bill and he popped right out.  no errors in debug window... well there was one faction related message on load to another mod so i am unable to recreate this error (ugh i feel like such an end user right now!)

this is my favorite mod (ok RT's quantum storage is pretty bad a$$ but only because with 1 mining droid you can mine the whole planet!) only to be shadowed by the alpha 11 and all of the wonders this mod will bring then. keep up the good work

Dregod

Love the new update, hated the fact they counted as colonists, only problem i see is that i cannot see how many droids i have, had many droids die without me noticing including my crematorius and builder droids which had me puzzled why bodys were everywhere and nothing was being built. Perhaps a counter along the bottom that shows how many droids a colony has, would be so much helpful.

mipen

Quote from: Dregod on June 03, 2015, 07:26:16 AM
Love the new update, hated the fact they counted as colonists, only problem i see is that i cannot see how many droids i have, had many droids die without me noticing including my crematorius and builder droids which had me puzzled why bodys were everywhere and nothing was being built. Perhaps a counter along the bottom that shows how many droids a colony has, would be so much helpful.
There is the droid overview tab located right next to normal colonist tab which shows all the droids you have, but I see what you mean. I'll have a look at adding some more management type things for the droids

zodium

Great update. I managed to load my existing save with the new droid version by deleting all my droid-related stuff and rebuilding it, then spawning the droids.

Edit: It would be nice if they would stop hogging the recreational room, though!