[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 15, 2015, 02:02:51 AM
Droids that are shot take damage the needs treatment to heal making them sit at the repair station trying to repair.

Edit: Droids repair till there is 2 hp left to repair than the needs treatment to heal come up leaving them to try and repair till you stop them of the run out of power and explode.

any way can you make it so droids can charge from just standing on the pad? and it would help if combat droids were a different race from the others to make selecting combat only a bit easier.
You are saying that droids are having problems when they go to get repairs? Tested it on my world, and everything works fine. Are there any steps you could give me to try reproduce your problem?

Dakkanor

this may be a stupid question, but original post mentions a tech tree, but i haven't been able to find one. could you possibly link to one please?

also does the Offense research actually unlock anything? as far as i was aware the only offense related thing in MD2 was combat droids

Shmojo

Quote from: thefinn on June 14, 2015, 09:31:00 PM
Weird issue, I'm just getting a black screen when I load up droids and base together.

Base loads fine, load droids and the menu won't come up. I even redownloaded them.

Only using EDB mods with them atm.

I have this exact same issue, except I have BackstoriesCore loaded before Droids.

EDIT: I just realized that I had downloaded the wrong version of BackstoriesCore from the github repo. It's all working fine now.

thefinn

Quote from: mipen on June 14, 2015, 10:33:16 PM
If you don't have BackstoriesCore loaded then that will be your problem. Md2droids requires BackstoriesCore to be loaded before it, or it won't work. You only need BackstoriesCore, not any of the backstory packs

Oh, sorry I had no idea, will grab it now.

I figured it had to be something I was doing or more people would've been screaming ;)

Simulacrum0

i crated a new world with only Base and droids to see if it was a conflict and its not. have a droid get shot and let it repair it will repair till all the damage but 2 is left, the last 2 says need treatment to heal.

Edit: solar flare shielding is not working ether.

Grynnreaper

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 15, 2015, 08:42:09 PM
i crated a new world with only Base and droids to see if it was a conflict and its not. have a droid get shot and let it repair it will repair till all the damage but 2 is left, the last 2 says need treatment to heal.

Edit: solar flare shielding is not working ether.

Droids NEEDS BackstoriesCore mod to work, if you only have base and Droids it will not work. use EDB Mod Order to place BackstoriesCore before droids in the mod list. Base must also be before Droids.

Simulacrum0

how did i start a new world with droids if i did not have BackstoriesCore. my post is about droids that are shot cant fully rapair.

Riftmaster

Ok something is screwy here

I loaded MD2Base - 11
Then BackstoriesCore - 8
Followed by MD2Droids - 10

Now I can't see the main menu, just the background and music

Edit:  To be clear, I loaded BackstoriesCore first, then went back to main menu, so whatever is causing this issue is in MD2Droids

Edit 2:  I have tested and am able to load every other submod in MD2 successfully to the main menu.

Puch22

@Rift, maybe try re-downloading a new version of droids & or using EdB's Mod Order to make sure they're loading in the correct order.
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

XenoII

I'm still doing Alpha 10 (waiting for my other mods to be updated) anyway to fix the droids apparel changing? 

Riftmaster

Quote from: Puch22 on June 16, 2015, 05:54:31 PM
@Rift, maybe try re-downloading a new version of droids & or using EdB's Mod Order to make sure they're loading in the correct order.
Will try that after work.

N4rF

I am having the damaged droid stops repairing at 2 and just sits there making squeaky noises with no avail problem. It literally sits there, says its damaged and needs repairs, attempts to repeatedly but doesn't get repaired fully.

My problem may be the other mods I have in, i'll get a list and edit this post.

edit: decided to just get screenshots of my mod load order for reference. (Top to bottom scroll via images)

mipen

So I have been getting a lot of messages about the droids not working correctly. I have just finished testing them on two pcs and I cannot reproduce any of the bugs mentioned. I have no idea what is going wrong with them, but all I can say is be very, very certain that you have the load order correct, and if you continue to have problems, close the game and send me the output_log.txt. This is located in RimWorldxxxWin/RimWorldxxxWin_Data/ for windows. If you link that as an attachment, or if it is too big, then on something like DropBox, I will be able to have a look and hopefully figure out what the problem is. Thank you for being patient and be assured I am trying to get to the solution :)

N4rF

I'd say, if we can get a bunch of folks to confirm the mods they have, if they have them, that'd be a step. Its probably syntax or something silly if its not another mod.

Honestly, I have a game that loads with the issue already occurring, but i notice nothing in the log. I'd be willing to post the save for you, it'd just be a PITA to add up all the mods (but i'll also package my mods dir up if you'd like, for ease) Anyways, I'll reload it again then post the log here in a sec.

Edit:

Ok, I got something for ya. Upon loading the save it wasn't there, so i resaved the game, reloaded it just to see what would happen and I got this (the only red lined error)...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Exception in Tick (pawn=Basic combat droid, job=MD2DroidGotoRepairStation A=MD2DroidRepairStation270152): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair+<>c__DisplayClass8.<MakeNewToils>b__4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Replaced standard gameplay interface with EdB Interface

Here's the entire log if you'd like:

Initialize engine version: 4.6.3f1 (4753d8b6ef2b)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1333]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.051 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
RimWorld 0.11.834 rev919

Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: data-0DBB9F08 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DBB9F08.dll
Initialized the EdB Mod Order mod

Non platform assembly: data-0DBC5F10 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DBC5F10.dll
Initialized the EdBInterface mod

Non platform assembly: data-0DBFD7E8 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DBFD7E8.dll
Initialised MD2 base module

Non platform assembly: data-0DC085E0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DC085E0.dll
Initialised backstories module

Non platform assembly: data-0DC2AEE8 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DC2AEE8.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DAC4C60 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DAC4C60.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DC848B8 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DC848B8.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DCA20C0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCA20C0.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DCD1558 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCD1558.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DCDE828 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCDE828.dll
Exception reading FireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Exception reading ReinforcedEmbrasure.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Exception reading ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Non platform assembly: data-0DCF2D20 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCF2D20.dll
Bad capitalization on backstory title: Criminal Surgeon

BackstoriesCore added 10 custom backstories.

UnloadTime: 1.721196 ms
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 14 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 4003.
Total: 31.962578 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.208575 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.245262 ms MarkObjects: 30.896353 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.042587 ms)

Initializing map from file Tidbitnipply - damned wobots with mods Core, EdBModOrder, EdBInterface, MD2Base-11, BackstoriesCore-7, MD2Droids-10, MD2Storage-4, MD2Power-4, MD2Manufacturing-11, MD2Industry-7, MD2Fortifications-4, Armor Crafting 1.1, BionicReplacementsCrafting 1.1, Embrasures 1.41, Mannable Turrents 1.2.6, MedicineKitCrafting 1.3.6, MIRV Artillery 1.2.6, Modular Tables, NeurotrainerCrafting 1.1, ReplacementOrganCrafting 1.1, RTGs, TargetPractise, Weapon Crafting 1.3.76, [A11 Faction] JaffaKree! Reborn, and ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering

Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

UnloadTime: 1.545459 ms
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 2 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 13904.
Total: 174.956528 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.407914 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.267358 ms MarkObjects: 172.709656 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.069525 ms)

Initializing map from file Tidbitnipply - Bugged bot with mods Core, EdBModOrder, EdBInterface, MD2Base-11, BackstoriesCore-7, MD2Droids-10, MD2Storage-4, MD2Power-4, MD2Manufacturing-11, MD2Industry-7, MD2Fortifications-4, Armor Crafting 1.1, BionicReplacementsCrafting 1.1, Embrasures 1.41, Mannable Turrents 1.2.6, MedicineKitCrafting 1.3.6, MIRV Artillery 1.2.6, Modular Tables, NeurotrainerCrafting 1.1, ReplacementOrganCrafting 1.1, RTGs, TargetPractise, Weapon Crafting 1.3.76, [A11 Faction] JaffaKree! Reborn, and ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering

Exception in Tick (pawn=Basic combat droid, job=MD2DroidGotoRepairStation A=MD2DroidRepairStation270152): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair+<>c__DisplayClass8.<MakeNewToils>b__4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Grynnreaper

not having droid issues other than they seem to cut things close a lot recharging last second