[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdr.Keen

i started a new world, new colony and it worked for me. colonists doing fine, driods get repaired.

but i got an other issue which is new - something is wrong with the transparency of items. my colonists, plants and items got a "transparent box" around them, which overlays all the other graphics. it's not gamebraking at all, but it looks not fancy. - now, the 3rd times i load my savegame, it's gone and graphics are ok.

overall, i got to say - great mod at all - i like to see something similar in the game. yesterday while playing, i thought about how to improve it a bit.

instead of crafting a droid for each profession, it would be cool to build some sort of "blank droid" and "profession modules". for example, at the start you're able to craft a blank lvl 1 droid with one module slot. also you're able to craft profession modules like building, growing, mining etc. . modules can be something like cloth or other items carried.

if you got both, a driod and a module, you're able to install the module and the droid will work like that. the cool part is upgrading now. after some research, you're able to craft a lvl 2 droid with 2 slots, and at the end a lvl 3 with 3 slots. with this solution, you're able to put for example 3 different profession moduls in one droid. each module will enable a skill. to put some difficulty in it, each module will grand a skill like +7.

so for example, you're able to build a lvl 1 droid with a module with +7 mining at the start. later on, you're able to upgrade the droids, so it will be possible to construct a droid with 3 mining (+7 +7 +7 = 21 =~20) or a droid with 7 mining, 7 growing and 7 logistics and so on.

;D
be water my friend!

Riftmaster

Quote from: Puch22 on June 16, 2015, 05:54:31 PM
@Rift, maybe try re-downloading a new version of droids & or using EdB's Mod Order to make sure they're loading in the correct order.
Seems to have worked

I re-downloaded droids mod
cleared rimworlds AppData folder out completely
Loaded RW
Activated EdB Mod Order
Activated MD2Base
Activated BackstoriesCore-8
Activated MD2Droids-10

Returns to the main menu fine.

Damnit it was only a corrupted file?  /facepalm

Loki88

I've got Doids running on A11 fine with 27 other mods active currently... this list is an alphabetical from my mods folder and not my load order...

Back stories Core-7
Bulk Meals
Edb Mod Order
Edb Prepare Carefully
ED - Core
ED - Embrasures
ED - Laser Drill
ED - Omni Gel
ED - Plants 24H
ED - Shields
ED - Wireless Power
Floor Lights
Less Incident Trolling
LT Soiling
MD2 Base - 11
MD2 Droids - 10
MD2  Fortifications - 4
MD2 Industry - 7
Modular Tables
Modular Solars No Bar 1.10
More Vanilla Turrets
Pawn State Icons
Rimfire
RTGs
Side NPD
Vegetable Garden v3
Vein Miner

A few of those have been tweaked a bit to cross use features from other mods such as vegetable garden using the <thingClass> from ED - Plants 24H

Edit : Typos :(

mipen

Quote from: N4rF on June 17, 2015, 05:41:25 AM
I'd say, if we can get a bunch of folks to confirm the mods they have, if they have them, that'd be a step. Its probably syntax or something silly if its not another mod.

Honestly, I have a game that loads with the issue already occurring, but i notice nothing in the log. I'd be willing to post the save for you, it'd just be a PITA to add up all the mods (but i'll also package my mods dir up if you'd like, for ease) Anyways, I'll reload it again then post the log here in a sec.

Edit:

Ok, I got something for ya. Upon loading the save it wasn't there, so i resaved the game, reloaded it just to see what would happen and I got this (the only red lined error)...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Exception in Tick (pawn=Basic combat droid, job=MD2DroidGotoRepairStation A=MD2DroidRepairStation270152): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair+<>c__DisplayClass8.<MakeNewToils>b__4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Replaced standard gameplay interface with EdB Interface

Here's the entire log if you'd like:

Initialize engine version: 4.6.3f1 (4753d8b6ef2b)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1333]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.051 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
RimWorld 0.11.834 rev919

Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: data-0DBB9F08 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DBB9F08.dll
Initialized the EdB Mod Order mod

Non platform assembly: data-0DBC5F10 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DBC5F10.dll
Initialized the EdBInterface mod

Non platform assembly: data-0DBFD7E8 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DBFD7E8.dll
Initialised MD2 base module

Non platform assembly: data-0DC085E0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DC085E0.dll
Initialised backstories module

Non platform assembly: data-0DC2AEE8 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DC2AEE8.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DAC4C60 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DAC4C60.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DC848B8 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DC848B8.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DCA20C0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCA20C0.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DCD1558 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCD1558.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0DCDE828 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCDE828.dll
Exception reading FireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Exception reading ReinforcedEmbrasure.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Exception reading ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures.xml as XML: 'texPath' is expected  Line 31, position 6..

Non platform assembly: data-0DCF2D20 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0DCF2D20.dll
Bad capitalization on backstory title: Criminal Surgeon

BackstoriesCore added 10 custom backstories.

UnloadTime: 1.721196 ms
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 14 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 4003.
Total: 31.962578 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.208575 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.245262 ms MarkObjects: 30.896353 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.042587 ms)

Initializing map from file Tidbitnipply - damned wobots with mods Core, EdBModOrder, EdBInterface, MD2Base-11, BackstoriesCore-7, MD2Droids-10, MD2Storage-4, MD2Power-4, MD2Manufacturing-11, MD2Industry-7, MD2Fortifications-4, Armor Crafting 1.1, BionicReplacementsCrafting 1.1, Embrasures 1.41, Mannable Turrents 1.2.6, MedicineKitCrafting 1.3.6, MIRV Artillery 1.2.6, Modular Tables, NeurotrainerCrafting 1.1, ReplacementOrganCrafting 1.1, RTGs, TargetPractise, Weapon Crafting 1.3.76, [A11 Faction] JaffaKree! Reborn, and ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering

Platform assembly: D:\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

UnloadTime: 1.545459 ms
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 2 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 13904.
Total: 174.956528 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.407914 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.267358 ms MarkObjects: 172.709656 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.069525 ms)

Initializing map from file Tidbitnipply - Bugged bot with mods Core, EdBModOrder, EdBInterface, MD2Base-11, BackstoriesCore-7, MD2Droids-10, MD2Storage-4, MD2Power-4, MD2Manufacturing-11, MD2Industry-7, MD2Fortifications-4, Armor Crafting 1.1, BionicReplacementsCrafting 1.1, Embrasures 1.41, Mannable Turrents 1.2.6, MedicineKitCrafting 1.3.6, MIRV Artillery 1.2.6, Modular Tables, NeurotrainerCrafting 1.1, ReplacementOrganCrafting 1.1, RTGs, TargetPractise, Weapon Crafting 1.3.76, [A11 Faction] JaffaKree! Reborn, and ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering

Exception in Tick (pawn=Basic combat droid, job=MD2DroidGotoRepairStation A=MD2DroidRepairStation270152): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair+<>c__DisplayClass8.<MakeNewToils>b__4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks for posting the log, looks like there is an error coming up somewhere in the repair code, I'll hopefully be able to track that down now :) Is there anything that happened before this started happening? Did the power go out or anything? (In-game). Also looks like whatever mod adds embrasures in has a couple of errors as well ( I think that's enhanced defence ), but hopefully that shouldn't cause any issues for md2

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 17, 2015, 07:27:52 AM
i started a new world, new colony and it worked for me. colonists doing fine, driods get repaired.

but i got an other issue which is new - something is wrong with the transparency of items. my colonists, plants and items got a "transparent box" around them, which overlays all the other graphics. it's not gamebraking at all, but it looks not fancy. - now, the 3rd times i load my savegame, it's gone and graphics are ok.

overall, i got to say - great mod at all - i like to see something similar in the game. yesterday while playing, i thought about how to improve it a bit.

instead of crafting a droid for each profession, it would be cool to build some sort of "blank droid" and "profession modules". for example, at the start you're able to craft a blank lvl 1 droid with one module slot. also you're able to craft profession modules like building, growing, mining etc. . modules can be something like cloth or other items carried.

if you got both, a driod and a module, you're able to install the module and the droid will work like that. the cool part is upgrading now. after some research, you're able to craft a lvl 2 droid with 2 slots, and at the end a lvl 3 with 3 slots. with this solution, you're able to put for example 3 different profession moduls in one droid. each module will enable a skill. to put some difficulty in it, each module will grand a skill like +7.

so for example, you're able to build a lvl 1 droid with a module with +7 mining at the start. later on, you're able to upgrade the droids, so it will be possible to construct a droid with 3 mining (+7 +7 +7 = 21 =~20) or a droid with 7 mining, 7 growing and 7 logistics and so on.

;D

Great to hear you got it working! :D That transparent box thing seems to be from the vanilla game, I've seen a couple other people mention it. They recommended restarting your computer and then it went away.

That idea you have is exactly what I want to do with the droids, make it so the player can completely customise them, with a nice UI and everything :)

Quote from: Riftmaster on June 17, 2015, 09:20:19 AM
Quote from: Puch22 on June 16, 2015, 05:54:31 PM
@Rift, maybe try re-downloading a new version of droids & or using EdB's Mod Order to make sure they're loading in the correct order.
Seems to have worked

I re-downloaded droids mod
cleared rimworlds AppData folder out completely
Loaded RW
Activated EdB Mod Order
Activated MD2Base
Activated BackstoriesCore-8
Activated MD2Droids-10

Returns to the main menu fine.

Damnit it was only a corrupted file?  /facepalm

Great to hear it finally works! :P If you get problems like that again, post up your output_log and I'll be able to tell what the problem is quickly :)

Quote from: Loki88 on June 17, 2015, 09:40:49 AM
I've got Doids running on A11 fine with 27 other mods active currently... this list is an alphabetical from my mods folder and not my load order...

Back stories Core-7
Bulk Meals
Edb Mod Order
Edb Prepare Carefully
ED - Core
ED - Embrasures
ED - Laser Drill
ED - Omni Gel
ED - Plants 24H
ED - Shields
ED - Wireless Power
Floor Lights
Less Incident Trolling
LT Soiling
MD2 Base - 11
MD2 Droids - 10
MD2  Fortifications - 4
MD2 Industry - 7
Modular Tables
Modular Solars No Bar 1.10
More Vanilla Turrets
Pawn State Icons
Rimfire
RTGs
Side NPD
Vegetable Garden v3
Vein Miner

A few of those have been tweaked a bit to cross use features from other mods such as vegetable garden using the <thingClass> from ED - Plants 24H

Edit : Typos :(
Boy am I glad to hear that it worked first go for someone :)

N4rF

QuoteThanks for posting the log, looks like there is an error coming up somewhere in the repair code, I'll hopefully be able to track that down now :) Is there anything that happened before this started happening? Did the power go out or anything? (In-game). Also looks like whatever mod adds embrasures in has a couple of errors as well ( I think that's enhanced defence ), but hopefully that shouldn't cause any issues for md2

It was right after a battle, and I had been struggling a little to get power back up to stable. I'll take a closer look at how it is in the save and get back. I know it wasn't long after one of those wretched power shorts.

Edit: Nope, power is fine, there is a bit of juice in the batteries. However, I did think to screenshot this to better define the look that its in. Basically it sits here about 2 from completion on that left arm... looks like it repairs it then loops back to the way it was, just repeats itself. I'm gonna try moving the repair bench and some stuff to see if that does anything.

Edit 2: Simply moving it, flipping it on and off, metal in or out of the hopper, turning the bot off and doing the same, no dice. Same problem.

Edit 3: Also, like I said, I'll do anything I can for ya. I really like the mod :)

Edit 4: And, yes. Enhanced defense. I belive all of that in my list adds up to enb interface/mod order, mechanical defense, enhanced defense, and expanded prosthetics and organ engineering. Oddly enough enhanced defense and expanded prosthetics seem to be redundant, I was hoping to play with them both and see which i like best.

N4rF

Ok, this might be important...

I tried to get another bot repaired and it always holds 2 points healed on each component. I had a logistics bot that ate a few bolts and every component freezes at being like 43/45 or 58/60 or 21/23 repaired.

Simulacrum0

its gunshot damage only that wont repair 100% any other damage will. pills bows melee other droid explosions every thing but gunshots all repair full.

its not your mod that is doing this, its is the medical part of the base game any pawn that is shot can not heal 100% with out treatment.

mipen

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 17, 2015, 03:21:39 PM
its gunshot damage only that wont repair 100% any other damage will. pills bows melee other droid explosions every thing but gunshots all repair full.

its not your mod that is doing this, its is the medical part of the base game any pawn that is shot can not heal 100% with out treatment.
Ah, you are a genius! That is exactly it, thanks for pointing that out. I'm working on a fix for it right now :)

Simulacrum0

can you add a cheap charge pad to park deceive driods on? like 20 power 50 steel but takes a few days to fully charge a droid. the charge pad still use's 1k if a deceive droid is on it and full power. it would be nice to have my army of combat driods fully charged when i need em with out having to micro all of them.

Edit: found a new one, cant order Medic droids to rescue. they will do it on there own for colonists but cant rescue guests at all. and if i leave it undrafted and set to doctor it will try feed downed pawns all over the map with that bug.

JerryBi

I like to suggest replace coal generator with something like Nuclear plant.

Nuclear Plant can have properties as such :
On heating \damaging have chance to explode with LARGE radius (including unmained rock).
IF exploded - leaves toxic cloud on its radius of explosion that badly damage every type of pawns.
Use 5 uranium per day
Have output of 22 000 KW
Cost to build - 2 000 steel \ 500 plasteel \ 200 uranium.
Raiders want to shutdown Nuclear Plant and only then will take care about your main base.

Such idea will do much better then coal:)

Ore Extractor at present simply exploit as it give freebie without really taking anything.
To balance that it can have need in operator - power demand can be lowered but it need to not function without operator.  In such way - to get resource you will need to assign one of your colonist and this look like fair extending of gameplay.

Ytm

Quote from: masaykh on June 18, 2015, 08:06:51 AM
Have output of 22 000 KW
22 000 000 watt? :o nice! ;D

I have some trouble with "Storage Unit": it seems to be ignore some resources, for example "wood". Just 75 piece/stack and that's it. But with "wood planks" are work fine. And "sand" only 75, but not the "pile of sand"... and maybe more... Stone blocks are fine too. Any suggestion? And sorry about my english  :-[

[attachment deleted due to age]

JerryBi

22 000 = 6 geothermal generators rounded. :)
Found it https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8902.0
but i like from other features in that mod only geothermal heater:(

Simulacrum0

more on the medic droids, they only rescue colonists if there is nothing else they can do. i watch the medic droid i made to rescue idiot guests that came to my colony in -110f hard snow in shoddy parkas go feed a down pirate instead of saving the new colonist that had some how made it to were we are with out a parka in the coldest part of the world.

mipen

Quote from: Ytm on June 18, 2015, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: masaykh on June 18, 2015, 08:06:51 AM
Have output of 22 000 KW
22 000 000 watt? :o nice! ;D

I have some trouble with "Storage Unit": it seems to be ignore some resources, for example "wood". Just 75 piece/stack and that's it. But with "wood planks" are work fine. And "sand" only 75, but not the "pile of sand"... and maybe more... Stone blocks are fine too. Any suggestion? And sorry about my english  :-[
You must only have one thing selected to be stored, otherwise it won't work. So either 'wood' or 'wood planks', but not both

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 18, 2015, 04:57:17 PM
more on the medic droids, they only rescue colonists if there is nothing else they can do. i watch the medic droid i made to rescue idiot guests that came to my colony in -110f hard snow in shoddy parkas go feed a down pirate instead of saving the new colonist that had some how made it to were we are with out a parka in the coldest part of the world.
Ah that's something I forgot, I'll put that in next update

Quote from: masaykh on June 18, 2015, 03:46:10 PM
22 000 = 6 geothermal generators rounded. :)
Found it https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8902.0
but i like from other features in that mod only geothermal heater:(
At the moment the coal generator puts out almost three times what a geothermal gen does, and you can find coal spawning naturally on the world now. I don't think it's too underpowered, but I can bump it up a bit. I just don't want it to be this amazingly powerful thing that replaces everything else

Ytm

Quote from: mipen on June 19, 2015, 01:06:47 AMYou must only have one thing selected to be stored, otherwise it won't work. So either 'wood' or 'wood planks', but not both
thank you :D