[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryBi

Then what about this :

Ore Extractor at present simply exploit as it give freebie without really taking anything.
To balance that it can have need in operator - power demand can be lowered but it need to not function without operator.  In such way - to get resource you will need to assign one of your colonist and this look like fair extending of gameplay.

mipen

Quote from: masaykh on June 19, 2015, 08:22:44 AM
Then what about this :

Ore Extractor at present simply exploit as it give freebie without really taking anything.
To balance that it can have need in operator - power demand can be lowered but it need to not function without operator.  In such way - to get resource you will need to assign one of your colonist and this look like fair extending of gameplay.
Yeah that's a good idea, I think I will implement that, plus some events and degradation and whatnot

Cdr.Keen

be water my friend!

genjiosan

i don't get it....this is my log when i try to load the droid and only have the mod order the base, backstories and the droid  :'(

Quote(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Platform assembly: K:\giochi_nonsteam\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: K:\giochi_nonsteam\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: data-0B7E0320 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B7E0320.dll
Initialized the EdB Mod Order mod

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Non platform assembly: data-0B7E8328 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B7E8328.dll
Initialized the EdBInterface mod

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Non platform assembly: data-0B828D38 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B828D38.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0B845140 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B845140.dll
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly MD2Droids: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0    at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   Loader exceptions:    => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MD2.Building_DroidAssembly' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.    => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MD2.DroidKindDef' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.    => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass1' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidButcher

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidCharge

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidCremate

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidDeactivated

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair

Could not find type named MD2.DroidKindDef from node <PawnKindDef ParentName="BaseDroidKind" Class="MD2.DroidKindDef"><label>Logistics Droid</label><race>DroidRace</race><pointsCost>999999</pointsCost><defaultFactionType>Colony</defaultFactionType><baseRecruitDifficulty>60</baseRecruitDifficulty><backstoryCategory>Civil</backstoryCategory><isFighter>false</isFighter><apparelTags><li>Spacer</li></apparelTags><apparelMoney><min>0</min><max>0</max></apparelMoney><allowedWorkTypeDefs><li>MD2Maintenance</li><li>Flicker</li><li>Firefighter</li><li>Cleaning</li><li>Hauling</li></allowedWorkTypeDefs><standardBodyGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/Droid</standardBodyGraphicPath><headGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/DroidHead</headGraphicPath><maxEnergy>650</maxEnergy><Settings>MD2LogisticsDroidSettings</Settings><explodeOnDeath>true</explodeOnDeath><explosionRadius>1.9</explosionRadius><disableOnSolarFlare>true</disableOnSolarFlare><EnergyUseRate>300</EnergyUseRate><canManThings>true</canManThings><defName>MD2LogisticsDroid</defName><backstoryDef>LogisticsDroid</backstoryDef></PawnKindDef>
and a many error similar... :'(
this mod work for me on alpha 9 never try in 10 but i miss it so bad xD olso i have my personal texture that i want to try out, but nope  :'(

Dendrophilia

I can't get the droids to work either... Everything else works fine, but I was really looking forward to playing with droids. I'm playing on Mac OS btw, can that be the reason?

Simulacrum

Really like this mod. Cleaning and hauling droids especially are a godsend. Mining droids and the ore extractor are pretty overpowered, though. Pretty sure my 2 mining droids would mine out the entire (mountainous!) map in a year or two all by themselves if I let hem.

I second the request by an earlier poster, for a recharger that recharges almost nothing that my rarely-used drones (like combat drones) can stand on without me having to constantly toggle power on and off for them while making sure that my druids standing on them are all inactive and fully charged for when I do need to use them and whatnot.

I even had an accident not that long ago where all my 12 combat droids exploded... I put them on their offline chargers, but forgot to disable the droids themselves, and ignored the critical warning since I assumed it was a builder that had gotten lost or something. Then I was like, where did all my combat droids go?

And maybe somehow let us designate locations for the droids to go idle in when they're not busy, if that's at all possible? Looks strange to have all my temporarily inactive droids wandering in circles in the common room.

Simulacrum0

yeah builder mining and crafting droids are op 14 skill and 125% work speed is a bit much.
why cant droids use armor now? is it to keep them from going on equipping binges?

N4rF

I'd say a fast working droid isn't OP as machines will work harder and faster than any human, however the skill may be a good point. Though, considering I'm on a polar colony and can't do anything outside really, it makes sense to me to have skilled bots. Lower to 10 level skill might be appropriate, but ultimately, even your colonists will out skill a 14.

An even better solution for this may be to implement a sort of implant scheme for robots to upgrade them with better equipment, cpu's, etc... but i think thats already been discussed.

As for the ore extractor, i think the idea of throwing an operator on it is a good idea, after all, you could still throw a crafting droid on it instead of a colonist. The cost of building and operating one is still astronomical enough for the gains though.

Thats just my two cents. I'm not on a temperate colony, I don't get many warm bodies to draft, so having robots fight, mine, haul, etc when its -90c outside is very useful to me :)

Simulacrum0

can you add a low power warning at 130  i have lost 6 droids in my current game cos the cit 65 power warning is to late to save driods on a 400x400 ice sheet.

N4rF

true, i've been running into that problem as well. also, in order to keep playing the mod i just keep deleting the hediffs when they don't repair hehe.

mipen

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 20, 2015, 01:50:59 AM
can you add a low power warning at 130  i have lost 6 droids in my current game cos the cit 65 power warning is to late to save driods on a 400x400 ice sheet.
Yeah that will be easy to add :) look for it in the next update

NephilimNexus

The obvious solution would be to expand/split droids further into tiers, with each tier requiring more research (natch) but also providing better skills for droids.  So the first tier of droids could be, for example, 500rp and have a skill of 5.  The final tier of droid could require 10,000rp but also have the maximum skill allowed of 20.

Going with that idea, one could also increase functionality of droids as tiers increase.  By that I mean expanding their skill range to be less specialized and more general purpose.  For example a middle tier "Labor" droid might have Construction, Mining, Repair, Hauling and Cleaning packaged together.  A high tier "Thinker" droid might have Medical, Crafting and Tailor.  At the highest level you could have a "Brain-Bot" that even includes Art and Research.

The possibilities for tiered combat droids should also be obvious.  A low tiered "Grunt" robot might come with the equivalent of a shotgun.  A top tier "Warbot" might come with rocket launchers, lasers, and enough armor to stop an atom bomb.

Finally, when the branches of "Higher Skills" and "More Types of Skills" are opened then another option comes into play with high & top tier droids.  Namely, that max skilled droids (the 20s) would still be completely specialized and could only do one or two different things.  Meanwhile, again at max tier, a more modestly skilled droid (in the 5 to 10 range) could very well have every work option available to it.  This will let players plan different strategies based on whether they want to juggle a lot of highly skilled, yet overspecialized, droids; or they can opt for lower skill levels but more general purpose utility droids that, much like regular colonists, can be reassigned to different projects at whim.

mipen

Quote from: genjiosan on June 19, 2015, 09:16:51 AM
i don't get it....this is my log when i try to load the droid and only have the mod order the base, backstories and the droid  :'(

Quote(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Platform assembly: K:\giochi_nonsteam\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: K:\giochi_nonsteam\RimWorld\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: data-0B7E0320 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B7E0320.dll
Initialized the EdB Mod Order mod

Non platform assembly: data-0B7E8328 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B7E8328.dll
Initialized the EdBInterface mod

Non platform assembly: data-0B828D38 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B828D38.dll
Non platform assembly: data-0B845140 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library K:/giochi_nonsteam/RimWorld/RimWorld834Win_Data/Mono/data-0B845140.dll
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly MD2Droids: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0    at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   Loader exceptions:    => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MD2.Building_DroidAssembly' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.    => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MD2.DroidKindDef' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.    => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass1' from assembly 'MD2Droids, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidButcher

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidCharge

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidCremate

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidDeactivated

Could not find a type named MD2.JobDriver_DroidRepair

Could not find type named MD2.DroidKindDef from node <PawnKindDef ParentName="BaseDroidKind" Class="MD2.DroidKindDef"><label>Logistics Droid</label><race>DroidRace</race><pointsCost>999999</pointsCost><defaultFactionType>Colony</defaultFactionType><baseRecruitDifficulty>60</baseRecruitDifficulty><backstoryCategory>Civil</backstoryCategory><isFighter>false</isFighter><apparelTags><li>Spacer</li></apparelTags><apparelMoney><min>0</min><max>0</max></apparelMoney><allowedWorkTypeDefs><li>MD2Maintenance</li><li>Flicker</li><li>Firefighter</li><li>Cleaning</li><li>Hauling</li></allowedWorkTypeDefs><standardBodyGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/Droid</standardBodyGraphicPath><headGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/LogisticsDroid/DroidHead</headGraphicPath><maxEnergy>650</maxEnergy><Settings>MD2LogisticsDroidSettings</Settings><explodeOnDeath>true</explodeOnDeath><explosionRadius>1.9</explosionRadius><disableOnSolarFlare>true</disableOnSolarFlare><EnergyUseRate>300</EnergyUseRate><canManThings>true</canManThings><defName>MD2LogisticsDroid</defName><backstoryDef>LogisticsDroid</backstoryDef></PawnKindDef>
and a many error similar... :'(
this mod work for me on alpha 9 never try in 10 but i miss it so bad xD olso i have my personal texture that i want to try out, but nope  :'(
It seems the game isn't able to load the assembly for the mod, but I have no idea what could be causing this :( are you using Windows? You could try redownloading the mod and reinstalling it. Do you have the two prerequisites for the droids module? Base and BackstoriesCore? I'm sorry I really have no idea what could cause this :(

Quote from: Dendrophilia on June 19, 2015, 10:24:50 AM
I can't get the droids to work either... Everything else works fine, but I was really looking forward to playing with droids. I'm playing on Mac OS btw, can that be the reason?
That could possibly be the reason, but I really don't know, I've not dealt with anything other than windows as that's all I have. So you have base and BackstoriesCore installed? If not, that causes problems

Simulacrum0

can driods have numeric name's? like Logistics droid 01 and Logistics droid 02 ,it would be so much easier to over ride a tack if i new what droid was going to do it "power switch is reserved by Logistics droid" what one is it i have 15.....

Alcyonna

Hey, great mod!! (i apologize for my bad english^^)

I have trouble with droids can't repare them, everything was ok, i started a new map and now they just stay near the repare station without gain of life .... eternally^^

if u have an idea?
Thank u!!