[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Ah, then that should be fixed at some point.  I was hoping to request that a checkbox be set next to the animals one, where you can only cremate rotting or bones so you don't cremate your food supply.

EDIT:
Ideas for new droids;
Flicker Droid
Cryosleep Monitoring Droid (So I can get people out of cryo if I make my entire colony go into sleep)

Also, I'd like to be able to specify a droid idle area, instead of them hanging out around my gathering spots like my kitchen with my colonists.

EDIT 2:
Droid upgrades, I'd like to upgrade internal power storage.  I like to play on massive maps that seem to be too big for a droid to make more than one trip from one corner to the other.  Also would be nice to have an upgradable charge pad, so I can charge twice as fast (for double energy usage of course).

I also think that droids that are wandering/idle, should use less power per second than when they are working on a task.

One more thing I was thinking of is that you can restrict colonists to an area, but you can't with droids.  I'd actually like that feature as well so I can stick a droid work only area.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

Mipen, the saving variables thing above, is that a "what the hells a scribe" moment or have you just not got to it, I can explain the scribing system somewhat if itll help, if you know this and just havent got to it yet, tell me to shush!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Litcube

Is there source code available for this one?  I could update all the assemblies for 11b in short order.

joshman003

hello im new too rimworld and loving it. I downloaded this mod and it works fine but i was having a problem with the droids task tab. it dosent show the boxes, so Now I have to manually task my droids. is there a way to fix this problem?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t456/Phoenix003god/rimworld%20picNEWQWWWW_zpswp0mnurs.png?t=1436426140

skullywag

This works on a11b already doesnt it? Seems fine to me...

Edit - oh droids...

Endovior

A couple of droid-related issues (A11, in the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack). I've had repairs work before, but one of my droids had a finger shot off. It just keeps sitting on the repair station getting 'repaired', but nothing happens. Also, most of the droids can be renamed properly (I prefer to abbreviate, eg: 'Logistics Droid 1' down to 'LD-01'), but the combat droids can't, for some reason.

joshman003

can any one help me? i want to use the droids bad but i cant task them because the boxes are not there

Heres a Screen shot, Please some one help me ! http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t456/Phoenix003god/rimworld%20picNEWQWWWW_zpswp0mnurs.png?t=1436426140

Endovior

Quote from: joshman003 on July 10, 2015, 04:54:36 AM
can any one help me? i want to use the droids bad but i cant task them because the boxes are not there

Heres a Screen shot, Please some one help me ! http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t456/Phoenix003god/rimworld%20picNEWQWWWW_zpswp0mnurs.png?t=1436426140

You're using A11b, right? As has been mentioned, Droids haven't been implemented for 11b yet. If you want to play with Droids, you'll need to do so in A11.

joeripor

Quote from: Endovior on July 10, 2015, 05:24:17 AM
Quote from: joshman003 on July 10, 2015, 04:54:36 AM

You're using A11b, right? As has been mentioned, Droids haven't been implemented for 11b yet. If you want to play with Droids, you'll need to do so in A11.
how do you change it back to alpha 11?

Jahsus

Leucetius

MD2_Base
MD2_Droids
MD2_Fortifications
MD2_Industry
MD2_Manufacturing
MD2_Power
MD2_Storage

Forked the Source and recompiled against Alpha 11b. A few method calls had to be changed - nothing big. Tried all components and everything seems to work. Wait. - nearly everything. I didn't try to repair a droid with a defect foot.

joshman003

Quote from: Leucetius on July 10, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
MD2_Base
MD2_Droids
MD2_Fortifications
MD2_Industry
MD2_Manufacturing
MD2_Power
MD2_Storage

Forked the Source and recompiled against Alpha 11b. A few method calls had to be changed - nothing big. Tried all components and everything seems to work. Wait. - nearly everything. I didn't try to repair a droid with a defect foot.

wait so this mod order will fix my problem or do i have to wait for this mod to update?

Leucetius

These are 9 links to the 9 modules in the Alpha 11b version updated by me.

Disclaimer: This is not a prescribed load order! Base goes first, followed by Backstories (not linked - get the A11 version from the original thread then the rest. Although Backstories is A11 version (no source provided and I definetly aren't gonna recompile and recreated that) it seems to work. I won't guarantee the same thing for the usermade backstories as I did not test them.

skullywag

Mipen have you thought about movig your worldgen stuff into the relevant sub module as opposed to base, my thoughts being if i take droids and fortifications i still have to have coal/clay in my world which are useless (ive removed them from my local version) it makes sense for a base mod to only contain things that at least another submod would need, that doesnt seem to be the case here, coal should be in power and clay....i dont know what its used for...aesthetics??? in which case maybe its own submod?

mipen

Quote from: Goldsmyths on July 06, 2015, 01:14:43 AM
I always wondered why Deep Storage Unit was not set to be able to accept Raw Food?
I used to have a refrigerator room the size of Manhattan while trying to balance corpse and meat.
This is because of how they used to handle storing items, I couldn't think of a way to include food deterioration whilst they were stored and I didn't want it being a really cheaty food bin, so I disabled it and forgot to re-add it when I changed how they work, I'll do that in the next update :)