[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojzeszowy

I'm trying to add droids to my current game save.
When i add MD2 droids, colonists after ending their current task are waiting forever. If I manualy give them an order then they'll make it and stop again.. ;/
I tried and romoved it, and with only MD2 base and backstories the game works normally..

Is there something I can do about that?

pktongrimworld

nvm, fixed it.

mipen

Quote from: mojzeszowy on July 13, 2015, 07:44:37 AM
I'm trying to add droids to my current game save.
When i add MD2 droids, colonists after ending their current task are waiting forever. If I manualy give them an order then they'll make it and stop again.. ;/
I tried and romoved it, and with only MD2 base and backstories the game works normally..

Is there something I can do about that?
I don't believe that Droids is compatible with existing save games, sadly :(

thefinn

Is this the mod that's giving me haplo's power switch - without any of the research from the powerswitch mod ?

(I only have droids installed).

mipen

Quote from: thefinn on July 16, 2015, 04:45:54 AM
Is this the mod that's giving me haplo's power switch - without any of the research from the powerswitch mod ?

No I don't have any of haplo's code included in this

harpo99999

Quote from: thefinn on July 16, 2015, 04:45:54 AM

tynan added a simple power switch in the base game in the last couple of alphas, BUT haplo's is by far the better power switch

Slowtapus

Quote from: Vas on July 12, 2015, 06:07:35 PM

#9 - Confirming this. They will repair everything but the missing limb and then they'll just get stuck in a loop of trying to fix the missing part. Have the feeders set up and supplied fine.

Simulacrum0

try punting the hopper right in front of the repair station this has worked for me in the past.

Mrshilka

Heya mipen! I love you mod, droids are so important to me when I am trying to haui 300+ bodies and loot between raids.

But I am having an issue where they work themselves to death, a droid will have sub 100 energy and still continue to go try and haul stuff, and then it runs out of energy and dies.

I play with dev mode on so I can use speed 4 ingame, is this cause by Dev mode? or is there a way to make a droid drop whatever it is doing and go recharge soon as it reaches a set number?.

Thanks again for this great mod.

Vas

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 18, 2015, 03:57:29 AM
Heya mipen! I love you mod, droids are so important to me when I am trying to haui 300+ bodies and loot between raids.

But I am having an issue where they work themselves to death, a droid will have sub 100 energy and still continue to go try and haul stuff, and then it runs out of energy and dies.

I play with dev mode on so I can use speed 4 ingame, is this cause by Dev mode? or is there a way to make a droid drop whatever it is doing and go recharge soon as it reaches a set number?.

Thanks again for this great mod.

I believe this issue is related to that the droids stop accepting new jobs at 50 energy, but will finish their current (maybe it was 60 or so but anyway), they finish their current job before getting a new task, and critical energy is a task so they won't go looking to do that task unless they are idle, or looking for their next task to do.  This means if they accept a job at just above critical level that's half way across the map, they run out of power.

In my opinion, droids shouldn't die when they run out of power.  Another droid, or a person, should be able to go rescue them and carry them back to a charging station.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Mrshilka

Where would I have to change it so droids go back to charge at say 100 power then? I have lost 9 in my current game because they stupidly continue to go haui when about out of power.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 18, 2015, 06:52:24 PM
Where would I have to change it so droids go back to charge at say 100 power then? I have lost 9 in my current game because they stupidly continue to go haui when about out of power.

There is one way to balance this better. you can set droids max energy to something smaller and reduce there energy use rate, but im not sure if you can adjust the droid charge pad charge rate by adjusting its efficiency or not but probably i will test this now and make it balanced the exact same as it is set now just with smaller numbers that drains and charge slower that way to 50 or 60 energy will last longer and carry the Droids to safety.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 18, 2015, 09:08:59 PM

There is one way to balance this better. you can set droids max energy to something smaller and reduce there energy use rate, but im not sure if you can adjust the droid charge pad charge rate by adjusting its efficiency or not but probably i will test this now and make it balanced the exact same as it is set now just with smaller numbers that drains and charge slower that way to 50 or 60 energy will last longer and carry the Droids to safety.

Thanks again Nine, these big maps and ice and heavy snow really slow them down so they go off hauling at 101 energy and die before every getting back to a charge pad.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 18, 2015, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: Ninefinger on July 18, 2015, 09:08:59 PM

Thanks again Nine, these big maps and ice and heavy snow really slow them down so they go off hauling at 101 energy and die before every getting back to a charge pad.

Im sorry i tried but it seems that is hard coded as a percentage that the droid needs to go home, my tests worked as intended with making smaller max energy ans smaller energy use rate but the lower i made the max health the lower the critical limit went too so basically you end up with the exact same situation only with smaller slower moving numbers. sorry this needs dll coding.

Mrshilka

No need to say Sorry, thanks for looking Ninefingers!, I babysit them as best as I can but I have 40 running atm and one or 2 tend to slip past and stupidly work to death.
Luck you mod allows me to make Ai cores.