[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathwizi2005

Quote from: mipen on July 29, 2015, 11:23:25 PM
What os are you running? Does this happen when you try activate the mod / start the game? It looks like the game isn't loading the assembly properly. I don't know what could cause this, but it might be your os (I compiled it on Windows 7,so that could possibly be causing an issue, I don't really know) or it could be a corrupted file or something

Win 7 and its on activation (i activate the add-on and the main screen disappears, leaving the BG image and my last post is what was in the output log)

Tumuel

Is there any reason the Droids module might not be working than the mod load order?
I have got backstories core and MD2 core, and I load the droids module last, it is the only one that does not work.
Is it incompatible with A11d or something?

mipen

Quote from: Tumuel on July 31, 2015, 04:38:33 PM
Is there any reason the Droids module might not be working than the mod load order?
I have got backstories core and MD2 core, and I load the droids module last, it is the only one that does not work.
No I'm sorry, I can't think of anything that would stop it working. I have tested it on both my computers at home and it works fine. Could you post the full output log? That could help me find the problem

Ninefinger

Quote from: mipen on July 31, 2015, 07:48:49 PM
No I'm sorry, I can't think of anything that would stop it working. I have tested it on both my computers at home and it works fine. Could you post the full output log? That could help me find the problem

Your droids mod is not updated to work with the newest backstories release V9, V8 works fine. I get black screen when loading the new backstories V9, disabling droids mod fixed the black screen.

Tumuel

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 31, 2015, 11:30:17 PM
Quote from: mipen on July 31, 2015, 07:48:49 PM

Your droids mod is not updated to work with the newest backstories release V9, V8 works fine. I get black screen when loading the new backstories V9, disabling droids mod fixed the black screen.

I just loaded up backstories v8 instead of v9 and it seems to be working fine now, thanks for the help.

murlocdummy

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 19, 2015, 12:19:20 AM
One of my droids just took a charge lance shot and lost it's cpu, it's been sitting there repairing now for around 10 minute at speed 4 and nothing is happening, the body damage was fixed in seconds but this is just sitting there endlessly working.

I can't figure out a way to fix this issue.  Just like other players, you'll have to self-destruct the damaged droids.

MarcTheMerc

Is there a version of the mod download which is all of them together as i have been having issues installing the mod and getting it to run since it was made modular.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

FocusNow

By any chance can you remove the AI control in the basecore so it will not effect the other mod parts or is that possible.
The droids are fun but are a real pain with any of the larger mods as it fights each other.

Like the zombie mod and the SCA mod get stuck in a loop on AI control.

sagitarius_2k

Hello

i tried to edit basic combat droid to do more job. To do hauling. Why, because it is most idle robot, it work when there are enemies. Because the reason like, i like to make it hauling.

The problem is, i cannot find the tab that point in "overview tab" in right bottom in game. So i can add Haul at combat droid. Can ypu tell me which one i need to add so haul can show at combat droid in overview tab?

Simulacrum0

Quote from: sagitarius_2k on August 05, 2015, 02:04:08 AM
Hello

i tried to edit basic combat droid to do more job. To do hauling. Why, because it is most idle robot, it work when there are enemies. Because the reason like, i like to make it hauling.

The problem is, i cannot find the tab that point in "overview tab" in right bottom in game. So i can add Haul at combat droid. Can ypu tell me which one i need to add so haul can show at combat droid in overview tab?
PawnKinds_Droid.xml add <li>Hauling</li> to <allowedWorkTypeDefs> for <defName>MD2LogisticsDroid</defName>

you

sagitarius_2k

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on August 05, 2015, 03:42:13 PM
Hello

PawnKinds_Droid.xml add <li>Hauling</li> to <allowedWorkTypeDefs> for <defName>MD2LogisticsDroid</defName>

you

i tried that, but in overview tab, hauling are still not clickable.

[attachment deleted due to age]

zenfur

Hey there, added some suggestions for droids on github. If you like any of these, probably separate issues should be created.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Simulacrum0

Quote from: sagitarius_2k on August 05, 2015, 10:36:41 PM
Quote from: Simulacrum0 on August 05, 2015, 03:42:13 PM
Hello

you

i tried that, but in overview tab, hauling are still not clickable.
you need to add hauling to combat droid backstory in DroidBackstories.xml

RadioActiveCow

I've been using this mod quite a bit in the Overhaul Modpack, and recently started using the Combat Droids to my disappointment the Droids can't equip armor/clothing if it's something to do with the new outfits and restrictions is there any way to enable the droids to have outfits or are you working on a patch for that and left it out for now?

zenfur

In my opinion droids shouldn't be able to wear apparel. They should be inherently armored. Possibly add possibilities to build them out of better, harder materials to get (potentially slower or more energy hungry, because of extra weight of for example uranium), but more durable droids.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!