[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiupan

Quote from: NephilimNexus on September 29, 2015, 07:40:28 PM
Best mod out there, glad to see it updated!

Wait what? It's updated?? *checks front page*
You liar... :(

hoochy

It seems to me if you make granite blocks, or whatever blocks and have an efficiency upgrade it doesn't actually consume resources. Is this because it's using 0.X of a chunk and therefore not removing one?

NightlinerSGS

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 10, 2015, 08:22:29 PM
I seem to of stumbled across some odd behaviour with MD_Storage, and wanted to check if others have the same problem, or if perhaps it's a mod compatibility issue. The Deep Storage Unit MK3's don't seem to stack / collect stone blocks.

I have about 1.5K blocks in stock;
http://i.imgur.com/0ipX6NX.jpg

Yet they never get moved into the storage unit.
http://i.imgur.com/Hg1OruZ.jpg

I even set the unit on critical, yet they're never moved. The issue isn't hauling as I have 3 bots and a MAI working 24/7 on it, and I've seen them go idle whilst still not moving the blocks, the stockpile priority itself is on normal. I do use RT_Storage, but only for food as you can see, also other items like steel are moved into deep storage.

Anyone else finding this issue?

I had the same issue. I tested a lot and is looks like the Deep Storage Unit Mk. III is only accessible from the long sides. You actually have this issue twice in your screenshot, one is stuck between the wall and the second Unit, the other is stuck between two units (the one above the steel). Always leave some room on one of the long sides for access and it should work again.

hoochy

Quote from: NightlinerSGS on October 02, 2015, 05:11:53 PM
Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 10, 2015, 08:22:29 PM
I seem to of stumbled across some odd behaviour with MD_Storage, and wanted to check if others have the same problem, or if perhaps it's a mod compatibility issue. The Deep Storage Unit MK3's don't seem to stack / collect stone blocks.

I have about 1.5K blocks in stock;
http://i.imgur.com/0ipX6NX.jpg

Yet they never get moved into the storage unit.
http://i.imgur.com/Hg1OruZ.jpg

I even set the unit on critical, yet they're never moved. The issue isn't hauling as I have 3 bots and a MAI working 24/7 on it, and I've seen them go idle whilst still not moving the blocks, the stockpile priority itself is on normal. I do use RT_Storage, but only for food as you can see, also other items like steel are moved into deep storage.

Anyone else finding this issue?

I had the same issue. I tested a lot and is looks like the Deep Storage Unit Mk. III is only accessible from the long sides. You actually have this issue twice in your screenshot, one is stuck between the wall and the second Unit, the other is stuck between two units (the one above the steel). Always leave some room on one of the long sides for access and it should work again.

Isn't there another issue with these things that allow 2 items to be stacked on them? If there are TWO item stacks then it limits the stacking possibility. ie you have 500 wood on one stack, then something is placed on the other side, anything, and nothing can no longer stack on the other side. If you only allow one item to be placed there you'll get the full stacking.

Not sure what the problem is exactly, but making the object 1x1 and only accepting one stack seems to make more sense. I love that thing otherwise, great feature.

Ouan

Quote from: mipen on September 23, 2015, 05:41:51 PM
I have been super busy lately with work and studying, but I have two weeks of holidays next week so I plan on getting droids done then :) thank you for being patient

I wait with breathless anticipation!
Damn Pirates!

pktongrimworld

*installs oxygenator implant into Quan to help with breathlessness

Lupin III

I've played with the mod a little and while the idea is very nice, I feel that it is way too overpowered.
The extractor should be much more expensive to run. Maybe require a colonist to run it or make it stop working after some time, because it mined all the minerals in it's position. Or make it so it is only really productive on certain spots you find while excavating (similar to the thermal generator spots). As it is now you plonk down 3 or 4 and you stack up resources faster than you can do anything with them.
The coal burner is something similar. For the power it puts out it should be much bigger (a burner still needs a generator turbine to make electricity) and require more coal. Also it should create lots of heat.

pktongrimworld

Quote from: Lupin III on October 07, 2015, 07:38:12 AM
I've played with the mod a little and while the idea is very nice, I feel that it is way too overpowered.
The extractor should be much more expensive to run. Maybe require a colonist to run it or make it stop working after some time, because it mined all the minerals in it's position. Or make it so it is only really productive on certain spots you find while excavating (similar to the thermal generator spots). As it is now you plonk down 3 or 4 and you stack up resources faster than you can do anything with them.
The coal burner is something similar. For the power it puts out it should be much bigger (a burner still needs a generator turbine to make electricity) and require more coal. Also it should create lots of heat.

(you can go into the xml and edit the output etc etc.)

Hexatron

Hmm when i see that right, those 2 weeks of free time end today? I am still soooooo hoping and loking forward to the bots. I really don't want to play without them.

pktongrimworld

XD *havn't touched rimworld since Alpha 12

*we love your mod too much Mipen :P

PhoenixHawk

Well, it's been two weeks. How's the progress with updating them droids, Mipen?

rsdworker

Quote from: DarkTemplarlord on October 11, 2015, 11:39:06 AM
Is there droid update coming?

please be patient as creator of this mod has already stated earlier he will update as soon

NephilimNexus

I guess droids are just gone for good, now.     :'(

xiongyiwen

:'( :'( :'(Every day waiting for updates. :'( :'( :'(
每天都要刷新几次啊!

Ouan

Never  fear! My breathless anticipation can wait a while longer! It gives me an excuse not to update my mod list ;-) Keep up the great work, whenever you have the time to spare.
Damn Pirates!