[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Hey Mipen, I've altered the XMLs for your manufacturing mod, I'd like to provide them here for anyone who would like to use my values which I am still testing out.  I'll make a new post here when I've finished testing things out however, I will need your help and maybe some other modders with some other ideas I have that I want to see in this mod.  I know you haven't been around a while, but I'll leave this here in case you pop back in at some point.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Pactrick Willis

Will I have to start a new game to use coal? Or will that show up in the mine?

Vas

Coal will not show up in mountains without you starting a new game.  Ores don't spawn after you have already created a colony.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mipen

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I posted here. I haven't been active much at all for quite a few months now, I'd drop in every once and a while to see what was going on but that was it. Unfortunately I completely burnt myself out on modding, it stopped being enjoyable and became a bit of a chore. I greatly enjoyed my time building this mod, it is something I can be proud of and I'm glad that so many people liked and used it. I can't promise that I'll ever come back to fix it up, real life is keeping me very busy with study and work, but it could be a possibility in the future. Anyways, good luck everyone and have fun :)

«Temple»

Soap

Hey bro, I have an issue: Colonists can shoot through embrasure but Enemies can't shoot through  :-\

BMS

Quote from: Soap on March 04, 2016, 11:23:20 AM
Hey bro, I have an issue: Colonists can shoot through embrasure but Enemies can't shoot through  :-\

I believe this is kinda the point of an embrasure...  Glad to see mipen is alive!  hope your still playing
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Soap on March 04, 2016, 11:23:20 AM

Rimworld bug itself, the enemies see embrasures as walls and so will try to break through them, once a gap is found they will shoot through them like normal.
I found leaving a single gap in my defence line be it a door held open or a mechanical wall set to the down position let me use the embrasures as designed.
You can be a very sneaky sob with the Mechanical walls as doors, you leave one wall down so you can shoot them enemies as they attack you and the melee will all pour towards the hole in your wall.
When they are about to reach the hole you pause the game raise the wall while opening another wall section, when you unpause the melee enemies will find their path now blocked and reroute to the newly opened part.
Lets you juggle hoards of melee enemies at will:)

Ouan

Mipen!
   Good luck going forward. So many good modders felt the burn. I hope you remain passionate about the things you should be passionate about in life! Hope you still mope about the forums and perhaps Alpha 13 will be what you wanted in all of it Vanilla glory for you. Best of luck!
Damn Pirates!

Kadrush

zajag1231

Will MD2 be A13 compatible ? I really hope so because this is the one mod i like best.

Topper

driods added so much to the game. I hope they arnt lost.

NephilimNexus

lordbok

I hope MD2 gets updated to A13, along with the droids, heck I would love it if it was ONLY droid lol, they made the game sooooo good. and it let me play out my fantasy of being a crazy mechanist.