[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbeh

Considering MD2 requires CCL to run, any update for A13 would have to happen once CCL is updated for A13. So might take a while.

I'm atleast patiently waiting for these awesome mods :)

MarineStardust

wait what do you mean by md2 needing CCL. last time i used the mod, i never have to install the CCL mod

Jaxxa

Maybe not then but Community Core Library is now listed as a requirement on the first page.

I will be looking into Modifying / Updating / Releasing my own mod based on this mod later.
No guarantee when I will get to it or how much will actually get done.

MarineStardust

that suck. now to use MD2, i have to use CCL as well. that is a nice way of forcing a other mod to be used :(. plus now it take longer to be updated because of a other mod being needed

Jaxxa

It might or might not take longer for mods to get updated.

Without CCL yes updating could start sooner without having to wait, but the features that are provided by CCL would have to be re updated by every modder, so it may take actually take longer to update, depending on how much is used.

MarineStardust

i really don't care about CCL but to use MD2 i am forced to care about CCL. that not nice

Palladine

Quote from: MarineStardust on April 15, 2016, 01:06:55 AM
i really don't care about CCL but to use MD2 i am forced to care about CCL. that not nice

This is a very odd position to take, since mipen helped make CCL according to its credits. Thus, it's likely (though certainly not guaranteed) that he uses CCL extensively for MD2, and it might even contain code that was originally a part of MD2 but was separated out so that other modders could make use of it. It's not like it's an entirely separate mod that's just there for no reason; you may as well complain about having to use MD2 Core in order to use any of the other MD2 modules.

In any case, mipen hasn't been on for almost two weeks, and from what I can tell by looking at his github, it seems he's preoccupied with more important things than modding Rimworld. This is likely the true source of the delay, though of course I could be wrong.

Jaxxa

Mipen posted a while back in the thread explaining what is happening.

Quote from: mipen on March 03, 2016, 07:04:10 PM
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I posted here. I haven't been active much at all for quite a few months now, I'd drop in every once and a while to see what was going on but that was it. Unfortunately I completely burnt myself out on modding, it stopped being enjoyable and became a bit of a chore. I greatly enjoyed my time building this mod, it is something I can be proud of and I'm glad that so many people liked and used it. I can't promise that I'll ever come back to fix it up, real life is keeping me very busy with study and work, but it could be a possibility in the future. Anyways, good luck everyone and have fun :)

Palladine

Ah, yes, I remember reading that now. Not sure how I forgot about that.

MarineStardust

i go for mod that are useful to playing rimworld that make it more fun but CCL is a unknown mod and i have no idea if it is friendly with the other mods i like to use. it is not fun being forced to use a unknown mod.

Palladine

Quote from: MarineStardust on April 15, 2016, 02:16:22 AM
i go for mod that are useful to playing rimworld that make it more fun but CCL is a unknown mod and i have no idea if it is friendly with the other mods i like to use. it is not fun being forced to use a unknown mod.

You could try looking it up. Here, I'll even give you a link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.0

If you prefer a TL; DR, CCL's main purpose is being a library for other mods; it doesn't do all that much on its own. There's a couple quality of life improvements that you usually need a bunch of minimods for. Some of the features that I recall are consolidating colored lamps into one lamp that can switch between the colors, making it so that most powered buildings don't draw electricity while they're not in use, and actual refrigerated buildings (like refrigerated hoppers).

MarineStardust

i did look it up, it do have interesting stuff but the question still stand. is it friendly with the mod i like to use? that why i call it a unknown mod

Palladine

I used CCL last alpha with an extensive mod list including pretty much every mod on this site that wasn't redundant or a massive overhaul and never had any issues (involving CCL, anyway). It's highly unlikely there will be problems due to the nature of the mod, and modders around here are pretty nice about solving compatibility issues anyway-- well, it's probably incompatible with mods that do the exact same thing, of course, but then they're redundant. Even if there are problems, you can turn off all of its extra features in the xml and it can still work like a library for those mods that use it.

MarineStardust

only reason i use MD2 is the Ore extractor and Fissure generator. i just hope CCL is friendly with all the mod i plan to use, if not then it will be sad not using the ore extractor and fissure generator and i have no idea if those are any mod that do what the ore extractor do.

Simulacrum0