[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Thanks for letting me know about things not needing research - I've fixed that now. If you don't want to play with the extractor, you can disable it by removing the "Extractor.xml" file from \RimWorld Dir\Mods\Mechanical Defence 2\Defs\ThingDefs. This will only work if you haven't yet built one in your current save.

Quote from: Reysuke on November 12, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
Hey.
I Love you Walls. They are freaking Amazing!
But i have a problem. I dont need to research anything. i can build everything from the start. i still can research but without any use.
Also is there a way to only have the walls? Like a Modular Mod.
Because the extractor is OP. The Storage and the Walls are super awesome.
Thanks for the Mod <3
Just out of interest, what makes the extractor Op for you? Do you feel it produces too much? Thanks for your feedback:)

Reysuke

Its placed once. Will run forever and produce without any further costs.
In my opinion its just a bit too cheaty for me :/

Vas

Perhaps you can make an alt mod with my idea on the extractor?  I know it is a lot more coding, I wish I could help but as I said, I dunno how.  :P  I can provide ideas and balance things, bug test, find issues, exploits, everything.  But I can't code.

Anyway, if you do an alt version, I have a few more ideas, using the Lava from the core.  Maybe even a lava pump that you put over a deep fissure that will puncture the fissure into the magma nest and pump the lava out into containers of some type that are resistant to that lava.

I can give more ideas on it if you were to break my idea for the thing into another mod.  But anyway.

As for balancing the current version, you could just lock it so that it only runs for 300 cycles, one cycle every 3 hours.  That's about 1 month in game time I think, if I use real time.  I think someone said game months are 15 days?  So 2 and a half months if that's the case.  I still think it should spit out 3 rock rubble each time, unless spitting out some metal.  Just like I said in that balancing post.

Also, does it spit out to an exact spot each time or somewhere random around the building?  When I DLed to try, i didn't see it on the list.  :P  I'll re-DL it now and try again.  If random, it'd be nice if you could choose where it drops stuff, in case you use conveyors.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

Could have it place a metal ore rock nearby and if one is there it produces no more. Means you still have to mine it (process it) means you only use it when you need it. Just an option...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

millenium

interesting mod. i do have to agree with some of the previous posts in saying that the ore extractor is overpowered. the best mining machine I've found is in mining&co mining machine. requires power and part replacements in order to run. the biggest thing is that it needs an off button. a power toggle would be nice. the deep storage unit is great though i would move for them to be a single square with half the storage it makes it easier to store certain items. the walls are fun for corralling raiders into killzones so i don't have an issue with them. maybe embrasure versions of them?

the fissure generator is a little cheap. adding uranium or plasteel to the recipe would offset this.

just couple ideas. keep up the good work.

mipen

Quote from: Pedan on November 18, 2014, 02:25:59 AM
Any uppdate on the droids?
I was literally just updating the post when you commented this! :P I spent quite a while on them, and I have just finished and released them now :D

Pedan

mipen

Quote from: Pedan on November 18, 2014, 03:03:49 AM
All hail to you. Finlay i can get my base clean =)
Thanks =] Haha, I should get them dressed up in maid's outfits! :P Let me know if you have any troubles with them. And if you have any nice simple ideas for a job a droid could do, let me know too! For example, I am working on a corpse removal droid, which can be set to strip corpses before it eats them

Kulverstukass

Crafting, Growing and Mining droids have constructions/repair settings enabled.
Someone hijackaing their BIOS, some rogue clocksmith?

strip corpses
OHMAHGERDYES
Even w/o function of searching items, like power armors or anything made of hyperweave, it would be awesome.

Also, sort of problem with storages - anything stored in them doesn't counts as it would in designated storages.
And another problem - renaming any driod leads to renaming everyone of them; Newly created driods will have same name as already created ones.

And not to be just bad news messenger i have a suggestion - Droideka droid. It would requires some "interacting" with Jaxxa for personal shield feature,  and Rikiki for that authentic PEWPEWPEW lazors from his Mining&Co Security. But, wasn't it worth it?
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 18, 2014, 03:13:26 AM
Crafting, Growing and Mining droids have constructions/repair settings enabled.
Someone hijackaing their BIOS, some rogue clocksmith?

strip corpses
OHMAHGERDYES
Even w/o function of searching items, like power armors or anything made of hyperweave, it would be awesome.
Yah, the WorkTags that those jobs require are also used by the construction and repairing jobs. There is no way around this currently. However I have made a job finder for the droids that will only give them the jobs I say they can have. You will still be able to force prioritise them to do something they're not supposed to, but they will only do it once. But yeah, there's no way around this, will just have to wait and hope tynan changes how backstories work with colonists

mipen

Also, sort of problem with storages - anything stored in them doesn't counts as it would in designated storages.
Yah I know about that, but I don't think there is anything I can do about it at the moment, at least not that I know of :( I'll have to look around in the code and see if I can come up with a better way to do them.
And another problem - renaming any driod leads to renaming everyone of them; Newly created driods will have same name as already created ones.
I hadn't really intended for the droids to be named. The idea I had of them was to be mostly autonomous, nameless things that share the same space as your colonists. They don't talk or interact with them, excepting when they do the colony's laundry. It's interesting that naming one changes them all - I guess because they all share the same backstory and it is constantly refreshed if it ever changes to something that is not a droid story. The backstory keeps them from doing things the shouldn't be. I can look at adding names to them and finding a better way of handling the backstories, but they are very fiddly and often lead to breaking the game with even the slightest mistake made D:

And not to be just bad news messenger i have a suggestion - Droideka droid. It would requires some "interacting" with Jaxxa for personal shield feature,  and Rikiki for that authentic PEWPEWPEW lazors from his Mining&Co Security. But, wasn't it worth it?
Great idea! :D I'll get in contact with them and see what I can do

eatKenny

i was thinking a combat drone like the drone from movie "oblivion", which i suggested in haplo's "MAI" mod a while ago(maybe as MAI's badass boyfriend).

Quote from: eatKenny on October 27, 2014, 01:46:50 PM
hi, i know it's a lot to ask, but can you eventually make a similar non-human pawn like the drone in movie "oblivion"? it has high movespeed, very tanky, can only fight but good at it(maybe haul too ???). takes plasteel and AI Core to build(so very limited number can be build) when built give all colonists a mood boost "protected by drone +5".

but droideka is a good idea too

Kulverstukass

Quote from: eatKenny on November 18, 2014, 05:02:28 AM
i was thinking a combat drone like the drone from movie "oblivion", which i suggested in haplo's "MAI" mod a while ago(maybe as MAI's badass boyfriend).
That's great, small fast-moving and lightly, but still armored with something like double UZI, or even LMG - it perfectly fits for hit'n'run harassing, and overall combat when it's not a crowd of power-armored minigunners, and complements  something like a walking lasgun-turret, who's tanking with shields and more bulky chassis. Both may be with lategame "mk2" version with minigun/laser minigun, for good cost of uranium, plasteel, gold,  and so on.
But let's see that walking crematorio-stripper first.

I almost forgot - Craft and Medic droids doesn't consume power, not sure was they behaving like that after crafting and first loaded, but right now they self-sufficient. And they able to product more droids, and repair them (with medkits in medbed, but still). Rise of the machines? :D
P.S: Looks like sometimes they consume power, and sometimes they don't, even some logistics droids, but also at some moment they become normally and power goes down normally. Didn't noticed anything about why. Maybe save/load, as all old droids affected by this regardless of type, and all new logistics behave normally.
And after save/load same-naming stopped, for newly crafted droids, they just "Droid", not like first generation "Droid1".

I'm overexciting, but after there be weaponized droids, i'm gonna make some lone droid-maker and try to survive being droids-"supported".
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Timber

Exactly what I've been looking for, but could you possibly make it modular?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas