[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianfkyeah

mipen

I really like the idea about the Drone! That's something I wanted to add, so I'll add that to my list of droids.
Quote from: Timber on November 18, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
Exactly what I've been looking for, but could you possibly make it modular?
By modular, do you mean have the droids stand alone? Or each part of the whole mod optional?
Quote from: ianfkyeah on November 18, 2014, 12:17:40 PM
I'd really like just the drones, is that a possibility?
that is definitely something that will happen, however I have exams at the moment, so I may not be able to work on the mod for the next week or so

superiorx

Hi Mipen,
Thanks for the latest update to this great mod, finally I can have my mechanical army. I did however have a problem (my apologises if I did something wrong), after researching Droids & all other related Droid research I was unable to find the Droid Assembly in the Production Tab, I had to enter god mode to build it. Besides that I'm really loving this mod, thanks again for your hard work in creating this.

mipen

Quote from: superiorx on November 18, 2014, 09:47:35 PM
Hi Mipen,
Thanks for the latest update to this great mod, finally I can have my mechanical army. I did however have a problem (my apologises if I did something wrong), after researching Droids & all other related Droid research I was unable to find the Droid Assembly in the Production Tab, I had to enter god mode to build it. Besides that I'm really loving this mod, thanks again for your hard work in creating this.
Thanks for letting me know! I've fixed the research problems and added a cooking droid too. Let me know if you find any other problems

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 18, 2014, 05:29:28 AM
Quote from: eatKenny on November 18, 2014, 05:02:28 AM
i was thinking a combat drone like the drone from movie "oblivion", which i suggested in haplo's "MAI" mod a while ago(maybe as MAI's badass boyfriend).
That's great, small fast-moving and lightly, but still armored with something like double UZI, or even LMG - it perfectly fits for hit'n'run harassing, and overall combat when it's not a crowd of power-armored minigunners, and complements  something like a walking lasgun-turret, who's tanking with shields and more bulky chassis. Both may be with lategame "mk2" version with minigun/laser minigun, for good cost of uranium, plasteel, gold,  and so on.
But let's see that walking crematorio-stripper first.
These are things I really want to do aswell! But don't come up with ideas of too powerful droids, because soon I will make them available to raiders >:D And there may even be waves of rogue droids ready to assault your base on the way too!
Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 18, 2014, 05:29:28 AM
I almost forgot - Craft and Medic droids doesn't consume power, not sure was they behaving like that after crafting and first loaded, but right now they self-sufficient. And they able to product more droids, and repair them (with medkits in medbed, but still). Rise of the machines? :D
P.S: Looks like sometimes they consume power, and sometimes they don't, even some logistics droids, but also at some moment they become normally and power goes down normally. Didn't noticed anything about why. Maybe save/load, as all old droids affected by this regardless of type, and all new logistics behave normally.
And after save/load same-naming stopped, for newly crafted droids, they just "Droid", not like first generation "Droid1".
Hmm, do you know what you did to lead to this behaviour? Or did they do this as soon as they were built? I have it so that they should all be called 'Droid,' can't get rid of the comma unfortunately. You might have accidentally download an inDev version of the mod though, I accidentally synced it to the download link which was a mistake haha. Let me know if the problem happens again and I will have to try to recreate it and see how I can fix it

Kulverstukass

QuoteI will make them available to raiders >:D And there may even be waves of rogue droids ready to assault your base on the way too!
And this is great!
Quotedo you know what you did to lead to this behaviour?
Save/load leads to that, BUT...
QuoteYou might have accidentally download an inDev version of the mod though
...It totally looks so, as i've re-downloaded zip from github right now, and it has a bit bigger size, than previously d/loaded, and it's non-compatible with previous save.
Time to start new colony.

Quote'Droid,' can't get rid of the comma unfortunately
In Edb interface it's not shown on top list of colonists and i've mostly cares about naming just to see, if i have enough droids for required work, and to separate expendable 'logistics' from others, but as i've just noted, droids can wear clothes, so it's not a problem anymore. And carry guns, even w/o be able to use them, so i can mark logistics with something cheap to mark them for manning turrets. Mwa-ha-ha, silly raiders.

In a balancing note - droids are very cheap, it's good for logistics-type, but others, in my personal taste, should require some related materials, like plasteel for mining ones, for their drills, silver for better conduction for crafting model, as they need to birth-charge newly created droids, maybe gold for constructing droids for balance purpose and surely at least a bit of uranium for every specialized models.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Timber

Quote from: mipen on November 18, 2014, 01:32:33 PM
Quote from: Timber on November 18, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
Exactly what I've been looking for, but could you possibly make it modular?
By modular, do you mean have the droids stand alone?
Yep, that's exactly what I mean! :)
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

superiorx

Quote from: mipen on November 19, 2014, 01:31:46 AM
Hi Mipen,
Thanks for letting me know! I've fixed the research problems and added a cooking droid too. Let me know if you find any other problems

No problems at all, thank you for the quick fix :)
I noticed that the Logistics Droid prioritises cleaning over hauling, despite hauling being given higher priority, is this intentional?

Kulverstukass

Welp, droids still have that self-sufficient "problem". It starts after save/load, even with actual mod version, where droids have 750w batteries (pre-release, which I managed to accidentally download does have 500w droids).
Also, they are overall great, fast, industrious, with just a bit of power requirement.

Shinzy

Just a hello from all my droids! ( one of them got turned into Werewolf-human/droid hybrid after couple very tragic and unfortunate turns of events involving Tradeship, Jellies werewolf mod and morbid curiosity and Full-moon

(Would it be possible to get different paintjobs/and/or bodytypes for each droid type? I mean on the 'code' level! I'd know someone willing to provide the needed sprites)

Th-th-that's all folks!

Dragoon

Can you state at the top or in big letters that the ore starts disabled by default I did not know where to look to find out is was disabled.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Kulverstukass

Today's fun: Suicide running by Logistics droids. That Ship part aren't gonna 'xplode 'tself!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 19, 2014, 03:26:15 AM

Quote'Droid,' can't get rid of the comma unfortunately
In Edb interface it's not shown on top list of colonists and i've mostly cares about naming just to see, if i have enough droids for required work, and to separate expendable 'logistics' from others, but as i've just noted, droids can wear clothes, so it's not a problem anymore. And carry guns, even w/o be able to use them, so i can mark logistics with something cheap to mark them for manning turrets. Mwa-ha-ha, silly raiders.

In a balancing note - droids are very cheap, it's good for logistics-type, but others, in my personal taste, should require some related materials, like plasteel for mining ones, for their drills, silver for better conduction for crafting model, as they need to birth-charge newly created droids, maybe gold for constructing droids for balance purpose and surely at least a bit of uranium for every specialized models.
I'll rename each model so that they are named for the job they do, not sure why I didn't do that in the first place :P and yeah, I just put the metal as a placeholder cost for now. I'm working on adding in intermediate crafting for special resources for the droids, which will make them harder to get. I I just wanted to get them out there first :P

mipen

Quote from: superiorx on November 19, 2014, 05:54:45 AM
Quote from: mipen on November 19, 2014, 01:31:46 AM
Hi Mipen,

No problems at all, thank you for the quick fix :)
I noticed that the Logistics Droid prioritises cleaning over hauling, despite hauling being given higher priority, is this intentional?
I'd say this is purely a case of alphabetical order :P each droids has a list of jobs it is allowed to do, and it just so happens 'c' for cleaning comes first :( I'll fix this and make it so the player can choose the priority of the droids' jobs. Thanks for letting me know :)

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 19, 2014, 07:03:47 AM
Welp, droids still have that self-sufficient "problem". It starts after save/load, even with actual mod version, where droids have 750w batteries (pre-release, which I managed to accidentally download does have 500w droids).
Also, they are overall great, fast, industrious, with just a bit of power requirement.
Hmm, does this happen to every droid on the map when you save/reload? Or only a couple at a time? Are they charging when you save/reload and it happens then? I'll have a look when I get home and see if I can't figure out what is happening