[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulverstukass

That's great, and with requirement in silicon for circuitry, is ore extractor not "just an option"?
Found production chain, but still, rock chunks production required.

Also, as i've just looked at that fissure generator building - it's 3x3, but steam geysers 2x2 and generators are 6x6, which lead to a question - how do i place fissure-gen. so it would spawn geyser in a center of 6x6? Or "which of 2x2 under that 3x3 will become geyser?" Fissure generator texture has no clue on that.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Vas

It would be nice if droids weren't treated as colonists.  Also, some of your droids, such as mining ones, also get the construction/repair tags, and all of them get the medical treatment tag when they can't use beds or even seem to be repaired in any way.

So, idea 1, a droid medical bed, where a droid goes to be repaired by someone with the repair skill, taking metal.

Idea 2.  Sleep mode, consume a lot less power.  This way you can turn droids off for a longer period of time.

idea 3, if droids are going to continue being counted as colonists, it would be nicer if they had their type as the name, not just droid, .  Funny that all of them are named droid with a comma.  Logistics Droid, Mining Droid, etc would be much nicer.   :P  However, I don't want them to count as colonists, my events keep triggering with droids and such, like "droid has found 7000 metal, but if he gets it, he may never come back but you still get the metal" -well gee, I can always build another one for 75 metal, why not?- "you killed your droid, but you got the metal!  we'll all morn the loss of droid." -No we won't, got a new one already.-

"Droid cried in his sleep, other droid had to wake him up" or "droid made meat jerky all for himself and hid it somewhere, other droid tried to steal it but droid jumped out.  IT'S A TRAP!"

Yea, droid counting as a colonist gets a bit annoying after a while.  :P

Any ideas on changing the deep storage unit?  Also, could you make the deep storage unit change with material too?  So I can choose a wooden style or a metal clean style.  I don't like that I have a wood style thing in my plasteel walled plasteel doored base.  :P

idea 4; droids drafted will consume less power as they are not moving around or doing anything.  More than sleep mode, less than normal.  Would be nice if droids consumed power when doing a job and moving really.  Instead of just a constant drain of the same amount of energy.

Oh, and droids require beds to make the colonists need beds option go away.  It's a bit annoying to require 40 beds for 4 humans and 36 droids that don't use them.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mipen

Quote from: Vas on November 21, 2014, 07:19:17 AM
It would be nice if droids weren't treated as colonists.  Also, some of your droids, such as mining ones, also get the construction/repair tags, and all of them get the medical treatment tag when they can't use beds or even seem to be repaired in any way.

So, idea 1, a droid medical bed, where a droid goes to be repaired by someone with the repair skill, taking metal.

Idea 2.  Sleep mode, consume a lot less power.  This way you can turn droids off for a longer period of time.

idea 3, if droids are going to continue being counted as colonists, it would be nicer if they had their type as the name, not just droid, .  Funny that all of them are named droid with a comma.  Logistics Droid, Mining Droid, etc would be much nicer.   :P  However, I don't want them to count as colonists, my events keep triggering with droids and such, like "droid has found 7000 metal, but if he gets it, he may never come back but you still get the metal" -well gee, I can always build another one for 75 metal, why not?- "you killed your droid, but you got the metal!  we'll all morn the loss of droid." -No we won't, got a new one already.-

"Droid cried in his sleep, other droid had to wake him up" or "droid made meat jerky all for himself and hid it somewhere, other droid tried to steal it but droid jumped out.  IT'S A TRAP!"

Yea, droid counting as a colonist gets a bit annoying after a while.  :P

Any ideas on changing the deep storage unit?  Also, could you make the deep storage unit change with material too?  So I can choose a wooden style or a metal clean style.  I don't like that I have a wood style thing in my plasteel walled plasteel doored base.  :P

idea 4; droids drafted will consume less power as they are not moving around or doing anything.  More than sleep mode, less than normal.  Would be nice if droids consumed power when doing a job and moving really.  Instead of just a constant drain of the same amount of energy.

Oh, and droids require beds to make the colonists need beds option go away.  It's a bit annoying to require 40 beds for 4 humans and 36 droids that don't use them.
A lot of the problems you mentioned about droids being treated as colonists are unfixable. Attempting any sort of work-around causes very bad things to happen and massive red walls of errors. Hopefully Tynan makes it a bit easier to add pawns in, especially to the player faction. As such, they are still mostly regarded as 'human' by the game, and still restricted to human rules (like needing to eat, sleep etc) and being prone to receiving random incidents. There is nothing I can do about this at the moment, but I am doing my best to try to hide the fact. That comma after the name is another thing hard coded by the game which I cannot change :P But I have added the type of droid after that, so now you can check which type of droid it is. In the next release, droids will have an on/off switch to help conserve power, and I will look at adding an 'idle' state, where they consume much less power

Vas

You replied in the time it took me to test some things on droids and come up wit ha few more ideas so I'll post them below :P

idea 5, I also agree that droids should take more resources to build.  All of them really.  Not just a single stack of metal.  Mining droids should consume a bit more plasteel as well for the drill.  But all of them should consume a mix of all the materials basically.
50 metal, 5 plasteel, 20 silver, 5 gold, 1 uranium.

idea 6, deconstruct droid, gives 75% of the materials back, uranium is lost.

idea 7, research higher storage for droids, requires droids to go get an upgrade at the crafting station.  So along with adding the deconstruct from idea 6, you add upgrade droid as well.

Anyhow, so you can't make mining droids remove construction and repair checkboxes at all?  And is it a possibility of adding a droid repair option to the bench?  Or a droid repair bed/pad where they can go to be repaired?
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mipen

Quote from: Vas on November 21, 2014, 08:36:15 AM
You replied in the time it took me to test some things on droids and come up wit ha few more ideas so I'll post them below :P

idea 5, I also agree that droids should take more resources to build.  All of them really.  Not just a single stack of metal.  Mining droids should consume a bit more plasteel as well for the drill.  But all of them should consume a mix of all the materials basically.
50 metal, 5 plasteel, 20 silver, 5 gold, 1 uranium.

idea 6, deconstruct droid, gives 75% of the materials back, uranium is lost.

idea 7, research higher storage for droids, requires droids to go get an upgrade at the crafting station.  So along with adding the deconstruct from idea 6, you add upgrade droid as well.

Anyhow, so you can't make mining droids remove construction and repair checkboxes at all?  And is it a possibility of adding a droid repair option to the bench?  Or a droid repair bed/pad where they can go to be repaired?
Some good ideas! :) the deconstruct one is really good, I really like that one. And yeah, I agree that they should cost more. Have you tried the updated version where they require circuitry? I would like to add research options that upgrade the droids as well. What do you mean by upgrade their storage though? The energy storage?
No it's not possible to disable the construction checkboxes from the mining droids. The way the checkboxes work, is that each one has a set of WorkTags that the pawn must have in order to be able to do that work. Construction and repair only have ManualSkilled, whereas mining has ManualSkilled and Mining. This means that to have mining enabled, construction and repair are also enabled. However, I have given each droid a list of work that they are allowed to do, and when the ai is searching for work for them to do, it will look at this list and only assign them work that matches what is in that list. Unfortunately you are still able to force the droid to prioritise a job it is not meant to do like repair something, but it will only do it once and won't do it without the player telling it to. As far as I know, there is no way around that

Vas

Yes, I did say upgrade energy storage.  :P  I'd like to be able to upgrade them.

I encountered a bug where I loaded a quick save, and the 5 I had no longer required energy, their energy counters all froze.  I downloaded the latest one as of yesterday and noticed none required circuitry. 

Can you get me a list of all the worker disable types for me?  I have been trying to make a spreadsheet with -EVERYTHING- in it possible for a character to be created, but it is a huge pain in the ass.  I got all possible backstories, I just can't find some way to parse the backstory XML file in such a way that I can import it into spreadsheets yet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a-2fa75FNirIbgMPCLbZZU1PObIT55BLMxersJA8Imo/edit - Look at Worker Disabled Types tab.  I don't think I got them all or know what they all disable.  :P

I wonder if it's possible to create new disable types for the game.  Hmm.  But I do notice your logistics drones refuse to haul unless they clean first no matter how I prioritize them.  I've also noticed the game places "colony settler" invisible and stays frozen in it's spot when I use spawn pawn method to try and place one.  :P

Not droid related, I wish your walls could be made automatic, so door like for anyone with the door key.  :P  I decided not to use the walls anymore, consumes way too much power and the enemy just attacks it like they would any normal wall anyway, so I don't see the advantage other than being able to lower any wall at all.  Plus the wall becomes un-deconstructible once you have lowered it.

I can't figure out how to make Silicon now.  So I can't make droids.  I do like my original idea on what it would take to make a droid though, I figured the metal and stuff would be used to make t he circuitry during construction, so I didn't think it was necessary to make a new resource required.  :P

Kulverstukass

QuoteSilicon

Sand from Rock chunks on Stonecutting table; Silicon from sand in Smelting furnace, where Metal slug is processed into metal.

mipen

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 02:03:43 AM
Yes, I did say upgrade energy storage.  :P  I'd like to be able to upgrade them.

I encountered a bug where I loaded a quick save, and the 5 I had no longer required energy, their energy counters all froze.  I downloaded the latest one as of yesterday and noticed none required circuitry. 

Can you get me a list of all the worker disable types for me?  I have been trying to make a spreadsheet with -EVERYTHING- in it possible for a character to be created, but it is a huge pain in the ass.  I got all possible backstories, I just can't find some way to parse the backstory XML file in such a way that I can import it into spreadsheets yet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a-2fa75FNirIbgMPCLbZZU1PObIT55BLMxersJA8Imo/edit - Look at Worker Disabled Types tab.  I don't think I got them all or know what they all disable.  :P

I wonder if it's possible to create new disable types for the game.  Hmm.  But I do notice your logistics drones refuse to haul unless they clean first no matter how I prioritize them.  I've also noticed the game places "colony settler" invisible and stays frozen in it's spot when I use spawn pawn method to try and place one.  :P

Not droid related, I wish your walls could be made automatic, so door like for anyone with the door key.  :P  I decided not to use the walls anymore, consumes way too much power and the enemy just attacks it like they would any normal wall anyway, so I don't see the advantage other than being able to lower any wall at all.  Plus the wall becomes un-deconstructible once you have lowered it.
Ah, I thought so :P
I have fixed that bug where they don't use power, and I have checked and they are definitely using circuity to be made. You must have an older version.
The WorkTags are:      None,
      Intellectual,
      ManualDumb,
      ManualSkilled,
      Violent,
      Caring,
      Social,
      Scary,
      Artistic,
      Crafting,
      Cooking,
      Firefighting,
      Cleaning,
      Hauling,
      PlantWork,
      Mining
It's not possible to add to these as they are hardcoded into the game. To see what work types have what tags, go into the WorkTypeDefs folder and open the file there.  Again, I think you have an older version where they do not check the priorities. You need to use the Droid Assembly to spawn in the droids, I have written a spawner for them that the Debug tools doesn't use, so they won't work unless you use the Droid Assembly. Turning on god mode will unlock all recipes.
Interesting idea about the walls, I'll have a look at making them. The problem with them not be deconstructible was because I had forgot to set them to the player colony when they were toggled. I've fixed that now. I've also reduced the energy they require. As of posting this comment, everything you've mentioned should be fixed, so if you download it again after reading this, you should have the most up-to-date version :)

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 22, 2014, 02:54:34 AM
QuoteSilicon

Sand from Rock chunks on Stonecutting table; Silicon from sand in Smelting furnace, where Metal slug is processed into metal.
Yup, that's right :)

Vas

Well, I have an updated version now, and can not make any silicon, nor can I or have I ever been able to make fissures or use that building at all.  I had to buy it off a trader, and I now have all the required ingredients to make a droid, but my colonists absolutely refuse no matter what, to make it.  I don't know why.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 04:04:19 AM
Well, I have an updated version now, and can not make any silicon, nor can I or have I ever been able to make fissures or use that building at all.  I had to buy it off a trader, and I now have all the required ingredients to make a droid, but my colonists absolutely refuse no matter what, to make it.  I don't know why.
I did have near same problem, when bills didn't show something new from Mech-Def, rebuilding that table helped.

Also, Ore extractor not just resets settings which Material to extract to Metal, but stops working (spawning mats) at all, not stopping consuming power though. It's related to save/load.

Vas

I rebuilt the table, and all MD2 research is totally done, plus more.  But nothing, I can't build droids, nor can I find an extractor anywhere on my list of buildings, didn't even see research for it.  I'm gonna download this only one more time, did it yesterday, now I'm doing it again, today.

mipen

Something I've realised after reading your post, is that the game must be restarted after activating the mod in the mods menu. This is because I have added a GameObject which injects the recipes in to the vanilla tables when the game loads. So, the process for installing this mod is:
-Delete any old versions first.
-Download the latest version from the provided link.
-Open the zip folder and drag into your RimWorld mods folder.
-If you wish to use the Miner part of the mod, go into the Mechanical-Defence-2-master folder, and open Addons -> OreExtractor. Drag the two folders inside this zip file into Mechanical-Defence-2-master -> Defs, select yes to merge all. There shouldn't be anything that needs to be overwritten.
-When all of this is done, run RimWorld, go into the mods menu and Activate Mechanical Defense 2
-Close RimWorld completely (exit to desktop), then run it again. When it opens, press the tilde key ('~') to open the console. In the console, there should be a message that says: "Started MD2 recipe resolver". If you get that message, that means the mod has started correctly and will run. If you do not get that message, something has gone wrong, and you will need to try the install process again. If it doesn't work again, message me and I will see what I can do to help.

I'll stick that onto the mod post so everyone can see how to install the mod properly. What troubles have you had with the Fissure Generator?
I've just downloaded it and play tested it, and everything is in working order for me, so hopefully everything will be fixed for you aswell :P

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 04:30:07 AM
I rebuilt the table, and all MD2 research is totally done, plus more.  But nothing, I can't build droids, nor can I find an extractor anywhere on my list of buildings, didn't even see research for it.  I'm gonna download this only one more time, did it yesterday, now I'm doing it again, today.
Did you added Ore extractor folders from addon.zip from "addon" folder within a mod folder?

Damn, i'm bad with english.

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 22, 2014, 04:18:27 AM
I did have near same problem, when bills didn't show something new from Mech-Def, rebuilding that table helped.

Also, Ore extractor not just resets settings which Material to extract to Metal, but stops working (spawning mats) at all, not stopping consuming power though. It's related to save/load.
I've posted some installation instructions on the mod page. If you don't follow those steps when you install, it can lead to problems in game :) I'll look at the extractor and see if I can't fix it not saving the settings