[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulverstukass

Maybe there is simple way to, like, copy your walls def within mod to make sort of "mech.wall_1" as i'm want to make it spawn embrasure instead of a passable empty tile? Or it's .dll reliable and i should ask for such an feature? Then i'm, would like an option of a wall that not just retracts itself into the ground, but also holds an embrasure on top, and it becomes available to shoot through them while solid wall is retracted/hidden.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 22, 2014, 05:14:43 AM
Maybe there is simple way to, like, copy your walls def within mod to make sort of "mech.wall_1" as i'm want to make it spawn embrasure instead of a passable empty tile? Or it's .dll reliable and i should ask for such an feature? Then i'm, would like an option of a wall that not just retracts itself into the ground, but also holds an embrasure on top, and it becomes available to shoot through them while solid wall is retracted/hidden.
I've messaged Jaxxa about it, and if he says that it's okay then I'll add it in :)

Kulverstukass

Thats great to hear, but on the dark side droids started sharing their custom names again. Pre-crematorio naming was fine, btw.

skullywag

Just so you know the embrasures texture and code is free to use by anyone, Jaxxa didnt make it, it was Punisher, see here:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6661.0
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kulverstukass

False alarm about Ore extractor stopping production, looks like i've noted nothing near them right after loading game and then when droids already carried materials away. Still, settings resets to Metal each time.

Vas

3 things,

The event that kills all animals, kills all droids and destroys half my base because of their explosions.

What does the small, medium, and large fissure do, like what's the difference between them?

And, the ore extractor absolutely refuses to export any metal if I build a wall 2x thick all the way around it, and leave a loader from the conveyor at the original metal spawn spot, I was hoping it'd drop the metal right into the loader.  Otherwise, conveyors become useless because you can't automate things.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Kulverstukass

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 03:09:02 PM
And, the ore extractor absolutely refuses to export any metal if I build a wall 2x thick all the way around it, and leave a loader from the conveyor at the original metal spawn spot, I was hoping it'd drop the metal right into the loader.  Otherwise, conveyors become useless because you can't automate things.
Theoretically, you may build charge pad and place logist on it within that 2-tiles radius next to conveyor "loading bay", being counted as an empty tile it will be filled by extractor. Didn't tried this though. Cost of it will be "Droid always charging", reserving his 750w.

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 22, 2014, 10:08:21 AM
Thats great to hear, but on the dark side droids started sharing their custom names again. Pre-crematorio naming was fine, btw.
In the latest release (2.2.3) this should now be fixed :)
Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 22, 2014, 12:26:19 PM
False alarm about Ore extractor stopping production, looks like i've noted nothing near them right after loading game and then when droids already carried materials away. Still, settings resets to Metal each time.
This should also be fixed in the latest version :)
Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 03:09:02 PM
3 things,

The event that kills all animals, kills all droids and destroys half my base because of their explosions.

What does the small, medium, and large fissure do, like what's the difference between them?

1) I'm sorry, but I have to admit that made me laugh a bit :P Do you know what event that is called? I'm not sure which one it is that kills all animals, I've never had that one ;o
2) Different fissure sizes produce different materials. The larger the fissure size, the rarer the materials that are available to be produced. So currently a small fissure can only produce metal and rock chunks, whereas a large fissure can produce metal, rock chunks, silver, gold, uranium and plasteel. When using the Fissure Generator, the larger the fissure size you select, the longer the process will take.
3) In the latest version (2.2.3) I have changed how the extractor works. It now has an interaction square which is where materials will be placed, and they will add up to make one massive stack. If a conveyor loader is directly attached to it, it will place materials on that instead

Vas

1) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3859.0
Animal Genocide :P  From the TTM mod.  It has a lot of issues with the droids in this mod.  :P  Don't suppose you'd be able to find a way to make some sort of compatibilities?  Or maybe work with him to make it ignore the droids in all events?

3) Very good, that'll help make conveyors more useful.  :P

2) Is there any risk to larger fissures or disadvantages at all?  Might be interesting if the fissure image was also larger or maybe a differently shaped hole based on the size.  Here are two crappy images I just edited.  xP
&

Basically, a medium would be a sort of X crack in the ground, and the large one would be * shaped.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mipen

Quote from: Vas on November 23, 2014, 04:08:29 AM
1) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3859.0
Animal Genocide :P  From the TTM mod.  It has a lot of issues with the droids in this mod.  :P  Don't suppose you'd be able to find a way to make some sort of compatibilities?  Or maybe work with him to make it ignore the droids in all events?

3) Very good, that'll help make conveyors more useful.  :P

2) Is there any risk to larger fissures or disadvantages at all?  Might be interesting if the fissure image was also larger or maybe a differently shaped hole based on the size.  Here are two crappy images I just edited.  xP
&

Basically, a medium would be a sort of X crack in the ground, and the large one would be * shaped.  :P
Oh right :P I'll have a look at seeing how I can stop droids from being affected by that event. Are there any others that affect them?
I like the look of those. I'll change the fissures so they have different textures, maybe even have multiple different ones for each size to give some more variety :O The only disadvantage to the different sizes at the moment is the amount of time it takes to create it. But later on I am going to add some random events that happen based on the size of the fissure; the larger the fissure, the greater the severity of the event >:)

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 22, 2014, 05:14:43 AM
Version 2.2.4 now has embrasures as an option for mechanical walls :)

Kulverstukass

Thank you!

Resizing image didn't worked, sorry guys.

Wait-wait-wait, where are they? Can't find in structures, newly crated doesn't have anything about turning into embrasure, nor i'm seeing anything related in .xml.

Vas

Quote from: mipen on November 23, 2014, 04:45:40 AM
Oh right :P I'll have a look at seeing how I can stop droids from being affected by that event. Are there any others that affect them?
I like the look of those. I'll change the fissures so they have different textures, maybe even have multiple different ones for each size to give some more variety :O The only disadvantage to the different sizes at the moment is the amount of time it takes to create it. But later on I am going to add some random events that happen based on the size of the fissure; the larger the fissure, the greater the severity of the event >:)

Pretty much any event that effects colonists effects the droids.  3 times now my base has been destroyed due to droids randomly exploding because of that specific event though.

Something else I noticed, the combat droid takes 35 circuits, but can not be crafted if you have circuits in one of the deep storage units, because they only stack up to 25 so you have to create a 2 pile sized thing minimum.  You should increase the stack size of circuits so that they can be stacked more.  I'd say 50, cause it isn't that difficult to stack up some circuits.

I don't like the texture I did, I just spun your image around and erased parts of it to kinda blend it.  :P  Was just giving an example though.

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 23, 2014, 05:55:48 AM
Thank you!

Resizing image didn't worked, sorry guys.

Wait-wait-wait, where are they? Can't find in structures, newly crated doesn't have anything about turning into embrasure, nor i'm seeing anything related in .xml.
After building the mechanical wall, it's another command after selecting it. The  hotkey for it is 'G'

Kulverstukass

Quote from: mipen on November 23, 2014, 01:31:23 PM
After building the mechanical wall, it's another command after selecting it. The  hotkey for it is 'G'
Are you sure you've updated github for that, there is no such an option, i've just re-downladed zip and created new world for that, no options, pressing G leads to nothing. Actually to camera zoom-in as it's game default key to that.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]