[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 23, 2014, 02:11:02 PM
Quote from: mipen on November 23, 2014, 01:31:23 PM
After building the mechanical wall, it's another command after selecting it. The  hotkey for it is 'G'
Are you sure you've updated github for that, there is no such an option, i've just re-downladed zip and created new world for that, no options, pressing G leads to nothing. Actually to camera zoom-in as it's game default key to that.
Argh, my bad. It looks like I didn't upload it to github >.< sorry about that, I'll get on it as soon as I get home

Kulverstukass

Yep, everything good.
It's definitely must-have mod, ergonomically changeable walls and those Crematorius'es, that walking gateway to hell in a form of rusty bucket, they saves a huge amount of my nerves after each raid.

I'm completely unsure, as i'm not a modder, but it looks like there some typos in embrasures.xml, like, it starts with "thingDef" and ends with "/thingDefs", with overall isn't it should be "buildings"..."/buildings"? Game spawned yellow alert about this xml and about something in line 146, where only "/thingDefs" placed. I've changed it to S and added "buildings"..."/buildings" to the file for being curious and it works.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Ded1

So i was wondering if this mod would have any incompatibilities with my modpack?  Figured i would ask before i tried to add it in and tried to deal with the issues.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

mipen

Quote from: Ded1 on November 24, 2014, 04:09:45 PM
So i was wondering if this mod would have any incompatibilities with my modpack?  Figured i would ask before i tried to add it in and tried to deal with the issues.
The only incompatibility I can think of is that one of the incidents in TTM (animal genocide I think it's called) also kills all the droids on the map. And when they die, they explode. Other than that, I don't think there should be anything to worry about. I do add some recipes to the vanilla tables, but that is done dll side so as long as the vanilla table defNames haven't changed, then everything should be fine. I'd load the mod last however. Oh, and make sure to follow the installation instructions :)

mipen

Quote from: Kulverstukass on November 24, 2014, 02:13:49 PM
Yep, everything good.
It's definitely must-have mod, ergonomically changeable walls and those Crematorius'es, that walking gateway to hell in a form of rusty bucket, they saves a huge amount of my nerves after each raid.

I'm completely unsure, as i'm not a modder, but it looks like there some typos in embrasures.xml, like, it starts with "thingDef" and ends with "/thingDefs", with overall isn't it should be "buildings"..."/buildings"? Game spawned yellow alert about this xml and about something in line 146, where only "/thingDefs" placed. I've changed it to S and added "buildings"..."/buildings" to the file for being curious and it works.
Thanks! :) I'm glad to hear you enjoy it :) I'll have a look at the Def, it is very possible I've made a mess of it :P

Ded1

Quote from: mipen on November 24, 2014, 05:23:34 PM
The only incompatibility I can think of is that one of the incidents in TTM (animal genocide I think it's called) also kills all the droids on the map. And when they die, they explode. Other than that, I don't think there should be anything to worry about. I do add some recipes to the vanilla tables, but that is done dll side so as long as the vanilla table defNames haven't changed, then everything should be fine. I'd load the mod last however. Oh, and make sure to follow the installation instructions :)

OK well tbh the animal genocide is so rare (and doesn't really do anything useful, just leaves a LOT of corpses for you to clean cause there is no way you can butcher them all) i could get rid of it and nobody would notice.  So after i do that i am thinking of adding it in if you don't mind.
Feel Good Modpack

mipen

Quote from: Ded1 on November 24, 2014, 06:11:22 PM
Quote from: mipen on November 24, 2014, 05:23:34 PM

OK well tbh the animal genocide is so rare (and doesn't really do anything useful, just leaves a LOT of corpses for you to clean cause there is no way you can butcher them all) i could get rid of it and nobody would notice.  So after i do that i am thinking of adding it in if you don't mind.
Yeah that would be fine :)

Ded1

Cool i will toss you a pm when it is in with a link to the thread (a courtesy i give everyone whose mod i include).
Feel Good Modpack

SaymonCZ

Iwillbenicetou

It is. I have it, and it works perfectly. What are you experiencing?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

SaymonCZ

palandus

Tried mod. Really enjoying it. Few suggestions / bugs to mention:

Worker Droid:
1) The Worker Droid seems to prioritize to cleaning over hauling. Initially I thought they couldn't haul, but they can... after they have cleaned up every single surface.
2) Also, if you disable cleaning in the Background menu (or w/e its called) they'll just wander aimlessly IF there is still cleanable spots around.

All Droids:
-> I think you cannot manually order any of them to do a specific task or activity if they can do it. If some can, then some definitely cannot such as the Worker Droid.
-> You can order all droids into combat stance, even though most of them cannot attack.

Fissure Generator:
-> The amount of time to build a Steam Geyser is a bit excessive, compared to a Large Fissure. I'd suggest making it the same speed as a Medium or Large Fissure
-> If a fire reaches the middle point of the fissure generator, it is doomed to be destroyed. Maybe consider making it non-flammable?

Fissure Miner (or w/e its called)
-> Amount of resources produced per the cost to build one is a bit excessive. If anything, increase the amount of metal (and just metal, not silver, or uranium, etc...) you gain per mining cycle.
-> Perhaps have a way to seal a fissure once you are done with it.

Suggestions:
-> Mechanical Turret = This turret can be burrowed underground, and then toggled up above ground when needed, so that people could walk over top of where the turret is normally.
-> Mechanical Supports = These could be fitted into a Tunnel like structure and could be deactivated or activated at a moment's notice. These would be useful for collapsing a tunnel on an invader, or simply collapsing a rock ceiling that you don't want anymore, but don't want to accidently crush your poor colonists when they remove the supports. So the Mechanical support will automatically either support a roof or stop supporting a roof.
-> Mechanical Floors = This flooring is special in that in can either be a quick and safe walkable surface, or turn over and turn into a difficult surface to walkover. ie One side of the flooring is smooth surface, the other side has spikes all over it, making walking hazardous and thus making travel on foot a lot slower.
-> Mechanical Mortars = Similar to the Mechanical Turret suggested above, but now do it with Mortars. Useful for hiding mortars from an enemy's mortar attack, or simply to walk over that surface.
-> Mechanical Moat = Similar to Mechanical Floor, except instead of making walking hazardous, it prevents movement from entering the square entirely. Any one on a square of this stuff when you activate it falls into a pit taking damage to both legs, with a high chance of incap. Reactivating it into flooring causes the person trapped inside to be pushed to the surface.

Partial Mod Conflict:
-> Immersive Crafting: The Machining Research is only unlocked if you Research Modern Weaponry, otherwise it is not visible. If a player doesn't realize this, they may wonder why this is. Thought I should mention it as it confused the heck out of me. 

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: SaymonCZ on December 08, 2014, 08:04:55 AM
I cant make sand piles in the stonecutting bench
That's another mod conflict.
Quote from: palandus on December 08, 2014, 09:24:04 PM
-snip- :)
Totally agree with what you said, especially the new ideas. If they pass, time to farm some prisoners to harvest all their organs. ;D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

mipen

Thanks for letting me know about the problems guys! :) I've just put up an update that fixes some of the minor ones. About the recipes not appearing in the vanilla tables - try to load the mod last, and make sure you have followed the installation instructions. My method is a bit of a workaround, but I don't want to spend any time trying to figure it out as Tynan has made it possible in A8 to add recipes to other tables without having to overwrite their defs. So I am just going to wait for that, whenever it comes. If you cannot get it working, you may just have to go into the dev console and spawn some sand in D:

SaymonCZ

No it is not another mod conflict. It hapends only with Mechanica Defence 2 mod and The great war mod