[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorMonotone

Quote from: mipen on January 10, 2015, 04:19:56 PM
Quote from: bullet on January 10, 2015, 02:47:54 PM
Sorry if this question was already. How about compatibility with other mods (like MAI \ Miscellaneous) and mods with integrated embrasures? wouldn't it be duplicated or some bugs\lags?

I really like the idea about walls and I am just delighted with of the Droids, but other features are not well suited to my style of play. Is it possible to turn them off? Perhaps it's easy to delete some files or part of some code without  getting bugs?
As far as I know, the mod works fine with miscellaneous. What sort of compatibility were you thinking of?
The mechanical embrasures can't be built, only activated by the mechanical walls, so there is no duplicate in the build menu.
When I update to A8, I am going to include compatibility with this launcher, which will allow for easy enabling/disabling of all the parts of the mod :)
Do you have any other plans for the mod? Will you add other robots or other mechanical things?
Great mod btw, loved it in alpha 7.

mipen

Quote from: MajorMonotone on January 10, 2015, 05:49:26 PM
Do you have any other plans for the mod? Will you add other robots or other mechanical things?
Great mod btw, loved it in alpha 7.
I most certainly do have more ideas! :D some are a bit ambitious but others will be quick and easy to add :)

palandus

Some mechanical suggestions:

Medieval Artillery Weapons (all mechanical in nature; and could be built out of wood instead of steel):
-> Ballista
-> Catapult
-> Trebuchet

Mechanical Doors:
-> Vault Doors (ie Bank Vaults, or Vaults in Fallout Universe)
-> Hangar Doors (ie Doors of Aircraft Hangars; big and heavy)
-> Swivel Doors (ie Ones you occasionally see in larger Airports or some Malls or some Hotels)
-> Door w/ Peephole (A door that allows a person to shoot out of via a small peephole, to say kill people trying to knock the door down)

Defenses:
-> Electrified Sandbags (Like normal sandbags, but causes electricity damage if someone tries to cross over it)
-> Automatic Pressured Roof (Like a roof, but can open up at a button toggle, allowing you to build artillery within a building, open the roof up which allows the artillery to fire from there; while the roof is present, artillery cannot fire, this could give your own artillery protection from other people's artillery and keep your artillery crews safe both going to the artillery and leaving it)
-> Repair Station (Like a Hospital Bed, but Robots use it whenever they take damage automatically, just like a colonist would automatically go to a hospital bed if wounded)
-> Refit Station (Allows you to install better weapons into your Combat Droids; can only install weapons you have on hand at the time)

mipen

Quote from: palandus on January 10, 2015, 10:27:04 PM
Some mechanical suggestions:

Medieval Artillery Weapons (all mechanical in nature; and could be built out of wood instead of steel):
-> Ballista
-> Catapult
-> Trebuchet

Mechanical Doors:
-> Vault Doors (ie Bank Vaults, or Vaults in Fallout Universe)
-> Hangar Doors (ie Doors of Aircraft Hangars; big and heavy)
-> Swivel Doors (ie Ones you occasionally see in larger Airports or some Malls or some Hotels)
-> Door w/ Peephole (A door that allows a person to shoot out of via a small peephole, to say kill people trying to knock the door down)

Defenses:
-> Electrified Sandbags (Like normal sandbags, but causes electricity damage if someone tries to cross over it)
-> Automatic Pressured Roof (Like a roof, but can open up at a button toggle, allowing you to build artillery within a building, open the roof up which allows the artillery to fire from there; while the roof is present, artillery cannot fire, this could give your own artillery protection from other people's artillery and keep your artillery crews safe both going to the artillery and leaving it)
-> Repair Station (Like a Hospital Bed, but Robots use it whenever they take damage automatically, just like a colonist would automatically go to a hospital bed if wounded)
-> Refit Station (Allows you to install better weapons into your Combat Droids; can only install weapons you have on hand at the time)
Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the ideas about the catapults / ballistas, I have a couple of ideas on how I could implement those :) and I have always wanted to do a large door that swings open/to the side like a vault, so I will definitely work on trying that, I've just always put it off because I'm not so sure where to start with it.. :(
But anyway, thanks for the great suggestions! :D if you have any more be sure to let me know about them :)

chaotix14

Those mechanical walls look like an amazing weapon in my eyes. Funnel enemies through mechanical wall into a room. Lock room. Apply massive amounts of heating/cooling. Watch em die.

Yas

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 12, 2015, 05:19:13 AM
Those mechanical walls look like an amazing weapon in my eyes. Funnel enemies through mechanical wall into a room. Lock room. Apply massive amounts of heating/cooling. Watch em die.

One say: Its a cheat, other say: Its tactics :)

For me those walls mean fortifications with side- and backdoors :) so my ppl can use shortcuts. And since I love to dig myself in and build massive defences... I really long for this mod :)

Timber

I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

chaotix14

This may be a dumb question, but is this mod up to date with alpha 8. I'm kinda wondering since it says it's alpha 7 on the title, but there's been an update way after alpha 8 was released. I've been hesitant to download and put it into the game, cuz I don't want to corrupt or otherwise damage the saves I have running ATM.

Yas

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 13, 2015, 01:31:20 PM
This may be a dumb question, but is this mod up to date with alpha 8. I'm kinda wondering since it says it's alpha 7 on the title, but there's been an update way after alpha 8 was released. I've been hesitant to download and put it into the game, cuz I don't want to corrupt or otherwise damage the saves I have running ATM.

Nope, its A7 and _not_ uptodate. We all wait for creator to update it. But hes lazy and doesnt get his bum out of the sun :) :) :).

mipen

Finally updated to Alpha 8! :D Let me know if you find any bugs / have any questions or suggestions. Have fun! :)

Hargut

Cybergoth

chaotix14

Bug with the coal burner. It should only be unlocked after the right research, but is unlocked from the start. It's coal feeder however is techlocked, so functionally it's still unusable until you research the tech, but I doubt that's intended that way.

mipen

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 14, 2015, 07:50:44 AM
Bug with the coal burner. It should only be unlocked after the right research, but is unlocked from the start. It's coal feeder however is techlocked, so functionally it's still unusable until you research the tech, but I doubt that's intended that way.
Ach, silly me heh. I've just fixed that and uploaded it

Berengar

Ahh finaly! :D Just loving that mod.
But an small sugestion, why not add an own sprite for every robot class like the cleaner, miner and so on.