[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotix14

Bug news bear is back. Again on the coal burners, I noticed it previously, but thought it might be due to the same bug that allowed it to be available for construction prior to research. They aren't rotatable. So my question here is, bug or coding limitation?

Yas

Quote from: mipen on January 14, 2015, 02:27:32 AM
Finally updated to Alpha 8! :D Let me know if you find any bugs / have any questions or suggestions. Have fun! :)

Thank u so much! Waited for it a while :).

Since u ask for suggestions; I have some.

Could the Ore extraktor (maybe even the coal stuff) become compatible to A2B Conveyer? And would it be possible to make the digging thingy (fissure generator) 2x2 tiles? Because geysirs are 2x2 too and I always in trouble to figure out where exactly the hole is in the end. And I love my steam generators neat in order with enough space around for maintance :)

Since I am wishing stuff: How about some fire sprinkling system? Isnt it odd that we voyage through space and have full-AI Towers and Robots, but people have to dance on fite to extinction it. It could be for indoor like rain? Or like the other (outdated) mod, a fire-extinguisher throwing around foam.

And maybe we could have a package with sole mods? I mean, like u put in the whole buch of MD2, but u can choose the stuff u like? Could help to figure out compatibility and stuff.

And could u make my people stop running across the whole map, repair 1/10 damaged things, run back to eat, come back to repair another part and return for harvest _one_ plant to come back and repair the 3rd thing?

Oh. And a veto-system would be nice. If I tell one to do that, I dont care who else wanna do the job. Im the big cheese on map and I dont want to people disobeye me :), no, serious: It would be great to overwrite the automatic reservation manual.

And some kind of priority zone. To tell people that this building has to be done before the other. Or at least the option to "pause" stuff without canceling it. I dont want my builders running out of base during attack (nor I want to "r" them all if not needed)

And as we are at, to give an order not only for 1 thing but a whole zone. E.g. To order my pawn to fix the whole wall before he dare to come back.

chaotix14

Quote from: Yas on January 14, 2015, 10:34:18 AM
Finally updated to Alpha 8! :D Let me know if you find any bugs / have any questions or suggestions. Have fun! :)

Could the Ore extraktor (maybe even the coal stuff) become compatible to A2B Conveyer? And would it be possible to make the digging thingy (fissure generator) 2x2 tiles? Because geysirs are 2x2 too and I always in trouble to figure out where exactly the hole is in the end. And I love my steam generators neat in order with enough space around for maintance :)

Since I am wishing stuff: How about some fire sprinkling system? Isnt it odd that we voyage through space and have full-AI Towers and Robots, but people have to dance on fite to extinction it. It could be for indoor like rain? Or like the other (outdated) mod, a fire-extinguisher throwing around foam.

And maybe we could have a package with sole mods? I mean, like u put in the whole buch of MD2, but u can choose the stuff u like? Could help to figure out compatibility and stuff.

And could u make my people stop running across the whole map, repair 1/10 damaged things, run back to eat, come back to repair another part and return for harvest _one_ plant to come back and repair the 3rd thing?

Oh. And a veto-system would be nice. If I tell one to do that, I dont care who else wanna do the job. Im the big cheese on map and I dont want to people disobeye me :), no, serious: It would be great to overwrite the automatic reservation manual.

And some kind of priority zone. To tell people that this building has to be done before the other. Or at least the option to "pause" stuff without canceling it. I dont want my builders running out of base during attack (nor I want to "r" them all if not needed)

And as we are at, to give an order not only for 1 thing but a whole zone. E.g. To order my pawn to fix the whole wall before he dare to come back.

Funny thing is, if you wanted you yourself could make the fissure generator as small or as large as you want. Grab the free microsoft xml editor, hop into the files and edit the dimensions of the building.

Oh, and there is a fire extinguisher mod. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.0

Yas

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 14, 2015, 11:32:45 AM
Funny thing is, if you wanted you yourself could make the fissure generator as small or as large as you want. Grab the free microsoft xml editor, hop into the files and edit the dimensions of the building.

Oh, and there is a fire extinguisher mod. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.0

Thanks, I adjusted the size to my needs and it seems to work. Also thanks for the fire extinguisher, that already helps a lot. Still Im looking for an automated / un-manned version - or a real sprinkler.

chaotix14

Quote from: Yas on January 14, 2015, 03:58:50 PM
Thanks, I adjusted the size to my needs and it seems to work. Also thanks for the fire extinguisher, that already helps a lot. Still Im looking for an automated / un-manned version - or a real sprinkler.

NP, wish I could help you with the sprinkler or some other unmanned fire extinguisher. However my coding skills are still limited to recipes and mucking thingdefs. The closest you can get at this point is probably a droid with firefighting carrying one of those extinguishers.

mipen

Quote from: Yas on January 14, 2015, 10:34:18 AM

The ore extractor already outputs to conveyor belt loaders :) For the coal generator, I think conveyor belt unloaders will unload coal to the coal feeder (I'm not too sure though) A fire fighting system would be great! I'll look into that for sure.
I'm not too sure what you mean by "And maybe we could have a package with sole mods? I mean, like u put in the whole buch of MD2, but u can choose the stuff u like? Could help to figure out compatibility and stuff. " could you explain that?
The ai changes you suggested would be great, but I'm not sure I would be able to do that haha, it might be something you'll have to wait for Tynan to fix.

Quote from: Romi on January 14, 2015, 11:33:02 AM
Great i have been waiting for this mod :D
Glad to know you've enjoyed it! :D
Quote from: Berengar on January 14, 2015, 08:20:00 AM
Ahh finaly! :D Just loving that mod.
But an small sugestion, why not add an own sprite for every robot class like the cleaner, miner and so on.
Thanks :D Yeah, that is something that I would really like to do, however I am terrible at texturing and Shinzy did the droid textures for me, so it would really depend on whether he would be willing to do some more for me xD
Quote from: chaotix14 on January 14, 2015, 08:44:08 AM
Bug news bear is back. Again on the coal burners, I noticed it previously, but thought it might be due to the same bug that allowed it to be available for construction prior to research. They aren't rotatable. So my question here is, bug or coding limitation?
That is intentional, because the aweful texture I did looks even worse at any other angle xD

Timber

I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

mipen

Quote from: Timber on January 14, 2015, 08:33:31 PM
Any chance you could release the drones as a separate download?
That would take a bit of time to do, because I have all the code in one project. If you want to use only the droids, you can use the launcher that I have linked to in the main post to disable all other parts of the mod

Hargut

I think in such cases u dont need a seperate version, cuz it dont really add anything u dont need to use.

in other mods (like implantats) its something different, cuz the enemy use them also, so its legit to ask it - but where, just dont use the coal and dont use the wall ?

Yas

Thank u for taking time to answer :)

Quote from: mipen on January 14, 2015, 07:16:12 PM
The ore extractor already outputs to conveyor belt loaders :) For the coal generator, I think conveyor belt unloaders will unload coal to the coal feeder (I'm not too sure though) A fire fighting system would be great! I'll look into that for sure.

Not for me :( ... well... I will play a bit in godmode then.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "And maybe we could have a package with sole mods? I mean, like u put in the whole buch of MD2, but u can choose the stuff u like? Could help to figure out compatibility and stuff. " could you explain that?

I wanted to ask for every part of the mod as own mod. But u already explained thats too much work and there is a workaround existing for. So... that question is obsolet.

The ai changes you suggested would be great, but I'm not sure I would be able to do that haha, it might be something you'll have to wait for Tynan to fix.

Ikr :P. But if u write a wishlist to Santa, why not at least try :).

mipen

Quote from: Yas on January 15, 2015, 04:45:38 AM
Thank u for taking time to answer :)

Not for me :( ... well... I will play a bit in godmode then.

Hmm, maybe the defnames for the conveyors have changed, I will have to look into it and check to make sure they do actually work xD

I wanted to ask for every part of the mod as own mod. But u already explained thats too much work and there is a workaround existing for. So... that question is obsolet.

Oh right. Yeah, it would be a lot of work to separate everything as it is. The launcher does the job of using only the parts that you want really, really well though. And it is super super easy for me to make the mod modular, so I'm really inclined to sticking with that xD

Ikr :P. But if u write a wishlist to Santa, why not at least try :).

Ahah :P I have been thinking of giving some of them a go, but then I remember how much of a nightmare they would be xD

MisterLock

So is clay gonna make a comeback anytime soon?I feel like it's been a while since you said you were gonna work on it...
To each his own.

popster99

i like this but personaly the coal gen is a bit overpowered cause you can get ininite coal with a ore miner so its just a bit more exzpensive than geo gens