[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: palandus on January 18, 2015, 06:57:51 PM
Actually chrome is not faster or better secured than IE.

I run Advanced System Care and Malware Fighter, and I consistently get adware, spyware, and the occasional lesser virus whenever I use Chrome to visit "safe sites". But, whenever I use Internet Explorer, hardly any problems and about 80% less adware and spyware.
I am personally very biased against ie xD I had a laptop that got so full viruses from ie it was nearly unusable. I always go for Firefox now :P

mipen

Quote from: tontje on January 18, 2015, 10:52:51 AM
The hauler droids don't seem to haul any items far away from base, any way of changing that ?
What map size is this on? Do your colonists go for these far away items? The droids use the same hauling ai as your normal colonists, and I know that there is a range limit for that because of performance issues. On large maps you usually have to draft your colonists and move them part of the way to the items to get them within the search radius, then they will haul them

mipen

Quote from: Khazuk on January 18, 2015, 12:06:10 PM
I like the mod, in fact, I love it.
Though I must say it's quite the tedious job figuring out which droid is what.
I keep the combat droids in a single room to prevent them from strolling around and doing nothing, and I disable them.
However, whenever I produce some of them, they just instantly walk away and blend in with the rest of the droids, which require me to pause the game and click each indiviual droid to get those pesky combat droids.

Perhaps add a different color to different drones?
Red = combat
Green = Gathering
Blue = Doctor
White = Builder
Brown = Miner

etc.
Thanks for your kind words :D that's a good idea to help differentiate between them. I would love to have different textures for each of them, so maybe one day I'll be able to coerce someone to do them for me :P

palandus

What about putting a small "dot" on a bot to indicate what kind of bot it would be. You would only need something like GIMP, and all you would do is put that dot on say the top of the antennae.

As a basic example, I made one with a red dot, yellow dot and green dot, in this rar. (Dot is a bit small but it is there)

[attachment deleted due to age]

hesoyam

mipen

Quote from: hesoyam on January 19, 2015, 02:14:56 AM
What about this? if Shinzy is cool with it

Oh oh oh, they look great! :D are the hats from apparrello? They look familiar

Rock5

Why the limit on what items can be stored in the storage device? First thing I did was put 1 in the kitchen to store all those potatoes or dispense meal and it can hold neither.

Also, very important, will items in the storage spoil? If so will they remain frozen if the storage device is in a freezer?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

hesoyam

Quote from: mipen on January 19, 2015, 02:34:36 AM
Oh oh oh, they look great! :D are the hats from apparrello? They look familiar

Ya obviously they're Shinzyâ,,¢

This is also something easy, even for someone as awful as me that doesn't touch apparrello  :)

Epyk

I'll be waiting for a color droid update(If there is one) so I can try this mod for the first time. :D
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Rock5

The droids are sooo slooow. They are nearly half the speed of my augmented colonists with their mechanical treads. Is there any way to upgrade their speed? Can I edit the mod to increase their speed to be closer to the colonists speed? I tried to change <MoveSpeed> of the BaseDroid definition in Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Droid.xml but it didn't seem to have an effect.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dragoon

LOL you upgrade them to be faster than normal people then complain about the droid speed do they move at the speed of normal people?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Shinzy

The colour scheme change would be better option in my mind! (I mean as the droids were fully equippable with clothes when I last had one, haven't gotten far enough ingame to tell if that's still the case) Just saying cause it might look bit silly if you plop a hat on your droid and another hat clips through from behind

And I can easily provide Mippy the recoloured textures too, having the original files and all that ;D
or even have them differ with some extra fancy bits like red cross on medibots chest or so (those kinda changes would be simply and fast on my end)

Jeoshua

I really like the idea of recolored sprites for different types of droid, but I would suggest Safety Yellow (not Brown) for heavy industrial uses like mining or hauling. This would mirror CAT vehicles and the Power Loader from Alien.

hesoyam

Quote from: Shinzy on January 19, 2015, 08:43:17 AM
And I can easily provide Mippy the recoloured textures too, having the original files and all that ;D
or even have them differ with some extra fancy bits like red cross on medibots chest or so (those kinda changes would be simply and fast on my end)

Can we really hope for such a resolution oh ye most beneficent one?  :D

Shinzy

Quote from: hesoyam on January 19, 2015, 08:54:07 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 19, 2015, 08:43:17 AM

Can we really hope for such a resolution oh ye most beneficent one?  :D

Well that'd be up to mippy =P I don't know how much work having different sprites for each would be
but doing something like this wouldn't be too much work for me.. just splatter colour on already existing stuff! fun times! ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]