[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Quote from: mipen on January 19, 2015, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
The droids are sooo slooow. They are nearly half the speed of my augmented colonists with their mechanical treads. Is there any way to upgrade their speed? Can I edit the mod to increase their speed to be closer to the colonists speed? I tried to change <MoveSpeed> of the BaseDroid definition in Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Droid.xml but it didn't seem to have an effect.
The droids have the same movement speed as a normal colonist. I'll look at making some upgrades for them, but I first need to redo their bodydef which is a massive job :P
I got a couple of newly conscripted colonists so they have no augmentations. The Droid definitely goes much slower than them. So it looks like they don't go as fast as normal humans. Just noticed I can look at their speeds in the info tab. My 2 new humans go 4.5 and 4.27. The droid has a speed of 2.8. What gives?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

palandus

Mechanoids probably could get frostbite, but their effective comfy temperature is: -75 to +250 and as most worlds (without modding the .dll) will not ever get as cold as -75, or as hot as 250, they don't suffer from it.

Could probably just list them as -75 comfy temperature and +250 comfy temperature to get them to not suffer from either hyper/hypothermia.

skullywag

I personally like slower drones. 2 of mine got caught outside during a squirrel swarm and promptly got bitten to death and sploded. Made me lol.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rock5

One problem I noticed with droid naming is when a raid warning happens I zoom out and scan the map to see if anyone is outside by searching for the white name tags. Because droids don't show a name they are practically impossible to see. Luckily I can use the EdB Interface to find them. Any particular reason why you don't show the droid name?

And talking about the EdB Interface, I think it's an EdB Interface option that you get these arrows when looking at a colonist info in the bottom left panel. You can click these arrows to go to the previous or next colonist. When it gets to a droid the arrows disappear forcing me to click on the next colonist to continue. Any chance you could find out why the arrows disappear and fix it? I suspect it has something to do with the limited information you show.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

skullywag

Its cuz that interface cycles a type of pawn humanoid that are of faction colonist. Droids arent humanoid type....i think thats right.

chaotix14

Quote from: palandus on January 20, 2015, 12:32:00 PM
Mechanoids probably could get frostbite, but their effective comfy temperature is: -75 to +250 and as most worlds (without modding the .dll) will not ever get as cold as -75, or as hot as 250, they don't suffer from it.

Could probably just list them as -75 comfy temperature and +250 comfy temperature to get them to not suffer from either hyper/hypothermia.

Tell that to my RTG room, which if I didn't use it as a heat source for my entire base(which since base huge and outside frosty, still doesn't do the job), courtesy of central heating's vents, it will easily get up to the 600-700C(fried microchips anyone?).

In any case he does have a point, ask shinzy, he gave his norbals a separate set of comfy temps, so he probably can tell you how to do the trick.

Shinzy

The pawn base cmofiness temp things are very visible in the pawn defs there somewhere Mippy'll find them ;D

anyhow! I just wanted to dump a zip full of droids for you here Mips!
it's a doctor, yellowpossiblyconstructorcouldbeanything and battle droid recolours
(I didn't wanna upload them on mediafire cause I'm too much out of juice to log in there right now ;D)
I'll make some more recolours some other time! when I can think of some nice colours
at the point when you're thinking of making sunflower shaped robot head for growing droid you know it's time to stop =P

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jeoshua

Quote from: Shinzy on January 20, 2015, 01:48:43 PM
The pawn base cmofiness temp things are very visible in the pawn defs there somewhere Mippy'll find them ;D

it's a doctor, yellowpossiblyconstructorcouldbeanything and battle droid recolours
(I didn't wanna upload them on mediafire cause I'm too much out of juice to log in there right now ;D)
I'll make some more recolours some other time! when I can think of some nice colours
at the point when you're thinking of making sunflower shaped robot head for growing droid you know it's time to stop =P

Oooh, shiny. Well, not so shiny, but beautifully Shinzy. I think you really captured the heavy industrial droid there. And I love how the combat bot looks like its front is made of a plasteel shield (as it should be).

skullywag

mipen

Quote from: Epyk on January 20, 2015, 10:05:34 AM
Tried out the mod and it's great! It does have some balance issues though.
The ore extractor and fissure generator have some balance issues.
The ore extractor is extremely cheap for what it does and produces ore incredibly quick! I feel like I'm moving far too quickly at the current pace.
The fissure generator is just too cheap and should take much longer to make a fissure/geyser.
They both require a very low amount of power to function as well.

After a couple hours of testing vanilla and along side some other mods mods, I'd like to help with the balance issues.
Yeah I've been struggling to find the right balance for them. When you were testing them though, were you in god mode? For debugging I drastically reduced the work times of them both while you are in god mode

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 20, 2015, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: mipen on January 19, 2015, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: Rock5 on January 19, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
The droids are sooo slooow. They are nearly half the speed of my augmented colonists with their mechanical treads. Is there any way to upgrade their speed? Can I edit the mod to increase their speed to be closer to the colonists speed? I tried to change <MoveSpeed> of the BaseDroid definition in Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Droid.xml but it didn't seem to have an effect.
The droids have the same movement speed as a normal colonist. I'll look at making some upgrades for them, but I first need to redo their bodydef which is a massive job :P
I got a couple of newly conscripted colonists so they have no augmentations. The Droid definitely goes much slower than them. So it looks like they don't go as fast as normal humans. Just noticed I can look at their speeds in the info tab. My 2 new humans go 4.5 and 4.27. The droid has a speed of 2.8. What gives?
Oh really? Is this a normal droid, or the crematorius? The crematorius is slower than people but normal droids should be the same. Was there anything affecting them?

mipen

Quote from: Shinzy on January 20, 2015, 01:48:43 PM

Thanks so much shinzy! :D you've done a totally shinzy job on them too! :D

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 20, 2015, 12:55:03 PM
One problem I noticed with droid naming is when a raid warning happens I zoom out and scan the map to see if anyone is outside by searching for the white name tags. Because droids don't show a name they are practically impossible to see. Luckily I can use the EdB Interface to find them. Any particular reason why you don't show the droid name?

And talking about the EdB Interface, I think it's an EdB Interface option that you get these arrows when looking at a colonist info in the bottom left panel. You can click these arrows to go to the previous or next colonist. When it gets to a droid the arrows disappear forcing me to click on the next colonist to continue. Any chance you could find out why the arrows disappear and fix it? I suspect it has something to do with the limited information you show.
I wanted to make them as different from normal colonists as possible, but I've really been considering putting the name tags back on.
I can take a look at how it works and see if there is anything I can do about it, but it might be something that edb would have to fix

Rock5

Maybe the name tags could be a different color?

As for the arrows I discovered I can click the "Colonists" button (EdB Interface) to cycle through the colonists including the droids. This is actually a better method because to use the arrows I have to open one of the sub panels (Character, Gear, Health or Thoughts) which is a bit annoying if I don't need to see that information. Hm... but I can't go backwards... Maybe I'll ask EdB if he/she can move the arrows to the main panel as well as if support for the droids can be added.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

skullywag

Hed just need to cycle all pawns of colonist faction so unless theres some inbuilt restriction it should be a simple change of pawns of type humanoid to just plain any pawn type. That would then future proof it against other mods with other pawn types.