[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynicalmuse

Quote from: Rock5 on January 21, 2015, 01:03:15 AM
Maybe the name tags could be a different color?

As for the arrows I discovered I can click the "Colonists" button (EdB Interface) to cycle through the colonists including the droids. This is actually a better method because to use the arrows I have to open one of the sub panels (Character, Gear, Health or Thoughts) which is a bit annoying if I don't need to see that information. Hm... but I can't go backwards... Maybe I'll ask EdB if he/she can move the arrows to the main panel as well as if support for the droids can be added.

You can use the , and . keys on your keyboard to cycle through colonists. If this is different for you, check your keybinds.  :P

Rock5

Quote from: Cynicalmuse on January 21, 2015, 05:50:59 AMYou can use the , and . keys on your keyboard to cycle through colonists. If this is different for you, check your keybinds.  :P
I was going to mention that, yes, I'm aware that there are keybinds but I don't usually like using them. But thanks for the advice anyway.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

BajtMe

First up, thanks for a great mod!  :)

I love Shinzy's work, but i just have a different taste in droids so i made myself a droid reskin and i was thinking perhaps you would like to put it up as a sub-mod. This has yet to be tested in game. I have yet to reach the point where i can build droids and i probably wont get there for a while, so i was hoping someone could give it a test run for me and tell me if there is anything i need to change/fix. Misaligned heads, dark textures or whatnot.

Edit: Figured out how to cheat so i could try it out. Seems to be working well enough except for one thing. Any clothing/armor i put on the droid displays the thin body type sprite. Could this have something to do with the droid back storys? Human colonists body type are decided by the chosen back story so i can only assume that when i changed the body sprite to hulk type i messed up. Any advice from people who unlike me actually knows what they are doing would be much appreciated.  ???

Edit: Do NOT download this if you intend to use it as a straight up replacer, it is not working properly. Feel free to use it for anything else though (unless "anything else" is printing it on a piece of paper, wrapping said piece of paper around a brick and throwing it at me).

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Shinzy

Quote from: BajtMe on January 21, 2015, 08:55:30 AM

I love Shinzy's work, but i just have a different taste in droids so i made myself a droid reskin and i was thinking perhaps you would like to put it up as a sub-mod. This has yet to be tested in game. I have yet to reach the point where i can build droids and i probably wont get there for a while, so i was hoping someone could give it a test run for me and tell me if there is anything i need to change/fix. Misaligned heads, dark textures or whatnot.

the text needs to be MD-2 =P *poke*
looks creepy ;D in the good way

mipen

Quote from: BajtMe on January 21, 2015, 08:55:30 AM

Edit: Figured out how to cheat so i could try it out. Seems to be working well enough except for one thing. Any clothing/armor i put on the droid displays the thin body type sprite. Could this have something to do with the droid back storys? Human colonists body type are decided by the chosen back story so i can only assume that when i changed the body sprite to hulk type i messed up. Any advice from people who unlike me actually knows what they are doing would be much appreciated.  ???

This texture us great! I love it. Would you mind if I use it for a new droid? Yeah the back story gives them a thin body type. I'm going to try disable them wearing apparel, it just doesn't feel right dressing droids up in clothes haha. But your texture looks really great! :D

skullywag

Youll have fix global injuries if you remove clothing, unless its wanted functionality of course.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

BajtMe

Of course you can use it.  :) I'll leave the download up but i will edit my earlier post so no one tries to use it as a replacer. I've been trying all morning to get it working properly trying all kinds of workarounds but i'm stumped so i'll drop it for now.

I tried adding "invisible clothing" for my game to use on droids. Giving them an icon so they can be seen when dropped on the ground but a blank (transparent) texture when worn. That way i could get the functionality of clothes (protection from cold and heat seems most important, i play ice sheet biome and the first droid i built froze to death within a minute). Making the icon that of a circuit and calling them "upgrade chip" instead of clothing.
Problem is .def files might as well be written in chinese as far as i am concerned. I would need to find a way to prevent these items from being equiped by regular colonists as well as figuring out how to make things craftable, and that stuff is waaaaay beyond me, i know, i've tried.  :-[

Rock5

I can't seem to find anywhere that mentions where you get coal from. I thought from a fissure but I saw a post saying what the different size fissures produce and none of them mentioned coal. Where do you get coal?

Also, the Fissure Generator has a size of 3x3. It says it can generate Steam Geysers. I don't know what size fissures are but Steam Geysers are 2x2. So how can I tell where the Steam Geyser will appear? I remember seeing a similar question but I don't remember seeing an answer and now I can't find it.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

palandus

@BajtMe; in the ThingsDef folder, there are the two files Apparel_Hats.xml and Apparel_Various.xml; In each of these files there is this line of code: <tags> A_TAG </tags> (where A_TAG is a specific tag). So, for example, "Apparel_Pants" (in Apparel_Various.xml) has the tags "Outlander" and "Spacer". What this means is that anyone with the Tag Outlander and/or Spacer, can spawn with these items.

Now if you go into the PawnKindsDefs folder, and then into one of the PawnKinds_Mercenary.xml (as an example), you'll find a line of code that says: <apparelTags> </apparelTags>. Any tag in that code corresponds to items in the other two files mentioned.

So if you wanted to have only robots gaining the items, then have in the apparel files say a tag like "Robot", and then in the PawnKindsDefs folder have the robots being only able to wear Apparel with the tag "Robot" and don't had that tag to any of the humanoid races. Hope this helps!

PS: Not sure if it will fully prevent humanoids from wearing the items, but it should prevent humanoids spawning with the items on them.

mipen

Quote from: Rock5 on January 22, 2015, 08:36:11 AM
I can't seem to find anywhere that mentions where you get coal from. I thought from a fissure but I saw a post saying what the different size fissures produce and none of them mentioned coal. Where do you get coal?

Also, the Fissure Generator has a size of 3x3. It says it can generate Steam Geysers. I don't know what size fissures are but Steam Geysers are 2x2. So how can I tell where the Steam Geyser will appear? I remember seeing a similar question but I don't remember seeing an answer and now I can't find it.
Coal is produced from an Ore miner on a medium sized fissure. I haven't had time to write up all the documentation yet (and I've been putting it off, it's boring :P)

skullywag

Any reason my droids would have just stopped wanting to charge themselves.....keep seeing "missing" on my edb interface, watched a couple now and they are just running themselves dry.

Edit - actually this may just have been a case of long hauling jobs (distance).
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Meerkat99