[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: palandus on January 24, 2015, 09:23:47 PM
An alternative to having a wall that heats up / cools down the room, is to have one set to be an embrasure and have a colonist equipped with a Molotov cocktail, and toss a cocktail into the room. Since the fire would be contained, the temperature would go from average temperature to over 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly, but that would require fireproof walls and high health for those walls.

Thoughts?

The fire would have to go out, (quicker the bigger the fire) if it was totally sealed. And unless you have a solution for dealing with conduction, that would be cool. Unless you don't want to go on that high of a scale :P
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

palandus

Well the moment you convert an embrasure to a lowered wall, the temperature of outdoors would be applied to the interior of the "flash furnace / flash freeze", so that would deal with the excess heat very quickly.

The only way to make the fire option work is to provide some kind of fuel source for the fire. So, if you had a growing zone inside the furnace / freezer, growing some kind of plant... those plants could burn for you, but again, problem is getting a colonist to the point where they can toss a Molotov inside without getting obliterated by being public enemy number one.

Yas

Would it be possible to create a tile, floor e.g. that droids cannot pass?

An option for doors to not let pass droids (or _only_ let droids pass) would be both awesome and useful. Do u think there is a chance to do that?

SilverDragon

Quote from: Yas on January 27, 2015, 02:02:00 AM
Would it be possible to create a tile, floor e.g. that droids cannot pass?

An option for doors to not let pass droids (or _only_ let droids pass) would be both awesome and useful. Do u think there is a chance to do that?

Or maybe a zone tool that creates areas that droids are allowed to wander about? :)

Korporal Kagger

Just a quick question.  What is the difference in the fissure size? What do i get out of a large one that I don't get from a small, and what's the downside to just making a giant rift every time?  I didn't want to do anything... rash, without knowing what I was doing first.

P.S. Oh and do the fissures ever run out of resource? I've been looking through the posts about fissures and caught hints that they might but wasn't sure.

tontje

chaotix14

Quote from: Korporal Kagger on January 27, 2015, 09:47:04 AM
Just a quick question.  What is the difference in the fissure size? What do i get out of a large one that I don't get from a small, and what's the downside to just making a giant rift every time?  I didn't want to do anything... rash, without knowing what I was doing first.

P.S. Oh and do the fissures ever run out of resource? I've been looking through the posts about fissures and caught hints that they might but wasn't sure.

The size of the fissure determines what type of resources you can get with the miner set on top of it. The small ones will only give you steel, the medium ones have a few minable options(haven't used them ever) and the large ones allow you to mine most resources(steel, coal, silver, gold, uranium, plasteel). Beyond that it takes a lot longer to make a large fissure than a small fissure, so if you only want the steel, you might as well make a small fissure and save some time.

And as far as i'm aware they don't run out of resources ever, then again I haven't had one run for a year or two, so I could be wrong. Just keep about 2000 steel stored away and you'll be fine whether it'll eventually run out or not, as you'll just be able to fill the fissure(if it doesn't disappear after running out) and make a new fissure generator and ore extractor.

palandus

The value in having a larger fissure depends on what mods you are running with. Some mods require Uranium in their buildings, and thus a large fissure is ideal for that, rather than hoping some trader has some.

Plasteel is required for building the spaceship components, and for most mods with bionics, like Cybernetic Storm, Plasteel is required for pretty much everything. You can also build walls and doors out of it that is like 2-3 times stronger than steel in hitpoints.

Gold is great if you do sculptures as Gold sculptures can sell for a lot of silver even if they are of shoddy craftsmanship.

Silver is great if you don't encounter many traders and thus need to have some silver ready at hand for when traders do come. Also, great for this mod, as circuitry requires I think 75 silver per batch, or something.

As for running out? Nah. They'll keep spawning the stuff, and if you don't have a stockpile set up for them, they resources will just keep stacking. I've seen piles get up to in excess of 5000 resources at times. 

Korporal Kagger

For the modmaker.  When i built my first combat droid it ran over to a charge pad just like the others.  But once it was fully charged my debug window got completely spammed with errors of the droid not having a melee value or something.  It stopped once I had him pick up a pistol but I haven't tested to see if he can attack or anything.

Kazuto Kirigaya

Could you make an individual mod for the Droids? I want to use them but don't want the full package of this mod... If you could I would be very grateful!
I am highly unstable.

SilverDragon

Quote from: Kazuto Kirigaya on January 28, 2015, 02:06:04 AM
Could you make an individual mod for the Droids? I want to use them but don't want the full package of this mod... If you could I would be very grateful!

Here you go, I ripped the files apart in the modpack and rigged a droid only kit together with some bubblegum:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1656bmlhccva891/MD2-Droids.rar?dl=0

I didn't touch the .dll at all since I don't have the source files, so I'm not sure if there will be issues with it.
I adjusted the recipes so they won't require the MD2 specific parts, instead each droid requires 20 uranium to manufacture, and I also simplified the research tree a little bit, but you still need to go the full length to get them. :)
If theres any issues with it, either ask for help or try to fix it yourself. ;D
I hope these were the droids you were looking for.

Korporal Kagger

mbos14

the cremation android keeps burning all my animals i have killed for food. is it possible to add a way for the android to only do rotten/skeleton animals and not all animals

Cryov

There is a problem with this mod pack.
The combat droids generate a LOT of lag. It looks like they scan for a melee combatant every tick.
I built 6 to permanently man my 6 mortars and my game started lagging like crazy then I looked in the log and saw the crazy amount of spam for them scanning. Needless to say I deactivated them and the spam went away and my lag cleared up immediately.
Could you possibly look into this? I love your droids and having a form of automatic mortars.

Also getting rid of the message that they need beds would be nice as well.

**edit** as one poster said, also equipping them with weapons gets rid of their spam

millenium

Quote from: Cryov on January 28, 2015, 07:57:17 PM
There is a problem with this mod pack.
The combat droids generate a LOT of lag. It looks like they scan for a melee combatant every tick.
I built 6 to permanently man my 6 mortars and my game started lagging like crazy then I looked in the log and saw the crazy amount of spam for them scanning. Needless to say I deactivated them and the spam went away and my lag cleared up immediately.
Could you possibly look into this? I love your droids and have a form of automatic mortars.

Also getting rid of the message that they need beds would be nice as well.
i think any of the droids can man mortars/turrets just fine at least im fairly sure. i do agree with the need to fix the bed  thing its not annoying but just doesn't need to be there.