[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yas

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 27, 2015, 02:24:41 AM

Or maybe a zone tool that creates areas that droids are allowed to wander about? :)

Yes, but I guess a flor tile would be easier to make maybe.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I forgot. How about a "homeport" for each droid. It could fullfil the "bed" need for the droid aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if droid is idle it go there and goes in standby. So it doesnt appear in "idle colonist" list.

Rock5

Quote from: Yas on January 29, 2015, 12:08:11 AMif droid is idle it go there and goes in standby. So it doesnt appear in "idle colonist" list.
But... it is idle.  ???
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Yas

Quote from: Rock5 on January 29, 2015, 01:19:29 AM
Quote from: Yas on January 29, 2015, 12:08:11 AMif droid is idle it go there and goes in standby. So it doesnt appear in "idle colonist" list.
But... it is idle.  ???
If my wasching machine is idle, I turn it off. No need it tells me "Im idleeeeeee, heeee! Youuuu, Im idle! I need some atteeeention! Hug me, play with me, huuuuhuuuu, Im still idle!". Get the idea? :D

Binkus

this is a wonderful mod

the only thing i wanted to do with my droids and colonists was to have a Droid or settler only door so areas i could separate off from droids or squishees

great work this added so much for me

i think i would have made a droid that didnt just explode on death maybe just crumple i tended to have an army of them armed with long swords rush in and suicide bomb enemies

palandus

The furnace idea of mine actually does work. I used a modified campfire that pushes 100 heat per second (yes quite hot) and a maximum heat pushed up to of 1500. Anyone caught inside the furnace collapses from heatstroke. Also, curiously enough, they also spontaneously start catching fire which builds up the temperature even faster. Made possible with mechanical walls used as "doorways" that then raise up and seal them inside. Best done with a mechanical wall leading to the outside for instant cool off.

Rock5

I believe you get spontaneous combustion over about 200. Although at that temperature it can still take a while for everyone to collapse. I would think that at 1500 they would turn to cinders instantly :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Rock5 on January 30, 2015, 02:32:04 AM
I believe you get spontaneous combustion over about 200. Although at that temperature it can still take a while for everyone to collapse. I would think that at 1500 they would turn to cinders instantly :)

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

SilverDragon

Quote from: popster99 on January 30, 2015, 11:19:04 AM
horrible image

That's my face when I jump to the forums one morning with a cup of coffee and see a whole bunch of fun new stuff to play around with. ;D

palandus

Looks more like he was on the receiving end of a UT bio rifle than spontaneous combustion

numen0r

I have a problem with the coal power plant, I don't need to research the technology to buy it, and even if I do research the coal power tech I still don't get access to the coal feeder unless I enable God mode.

It seems i'm the only one with this problem. (I don't see why this should be conflicting with other mods)
any ideas?

chaotix14

Quote from: numen0r on January 30, 2015, 10:37:27 PM
I have a problem with the coal power plant, I don't need to research the technology to buy it, and even if I do research the coal power tech I still don't get access to the coal feeder unless I enable God mode.

It seems i'm the only one with this problem. (I don't see why this should be conflicting with other mods)
any ideas?

Maybe you are still running an older version of the mod, i remember having the same problem where I could access the power plant itself without research(didn't research the tech prior to updating to a fixed version so I can't say if I also couldn't access the feeder). You could try updating to the most recent version.

numen0r

Maybe you are still running an older version of the mod, i remember having the same problem where I could access the power plant itself without research(didn't research the tech prior to updating to a fixed version so I can't say if I also couldn't access the feeder). You could try updating to the most recent version.
I just redownloaded the newest version and the issue is still the same. (I made sure to delete the old folder) applied and reapplied the mod.  I'm looking at the Coal_generator.xml but I can't find any problems.

mipen

Quote from: numen0r on January 31, 2015, 03:37:08 PM
I just redownloaded the newest version and the issue is still the same. (I made sure to delete the old folder) applied and reapplied the mod.  I'm looking at the Coal_generator.xml but I can't find any problems.
I just checked and everything is fine in the defs, maybe it's a problem with your save? Have you tried it with a new world?

numen0r

Quote from: mipen on January 31, 2015, 08:38:59 PM
Quote from: numen0r on January 31, 2015, 03:37:08 PM
I just checked and everything is fine in the defs, maybe it's a problem with your save? Have you tried it with a new world?

I just tried a new world, still the same problem. Could it be that i'm on Alpha8e and not 8f ?

EDIT: ok I just tried a fresh Alpha8f version with nothing in it but MD2 mod. Still the same problem. Are there any residual config files from rimworld I should wipe? Either that or I don't know how to download your mod.

EDIT2: now I'm sure whatever the problem is it's from the mod itself. i just did a clean wipe of all save/config files everything. loaded alpha 8f and only mechanical defense 2 ... then created new world after loading the mod and restarting the game. same problem coal power plant is available from the get go. Now I Know I'm using an older version of your mod.

FINAL EDIT: YUP I was downloading the Master branch of your mod on github. (That's broken). I went into your releases tab and downloaded 3.0.2. that fixed everything.

sorry for all this.