[L|0.0.253] Cannot trade food/metal with spaceship [Not a bug]

Started by NoSoAna, November 07, 2013, 02:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSoAna

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 64bit.

When trading with the spaceship, I cannot buy or sell food or metal.

Steps to reproduce:
1) wait until spaceship is announced
2) send colonist to console; tell her/him to trade
3) there is a popup for trading, you can choose weapons, slaves or general stuff (do not know the exact wording right now)
4) weapons work as expected, slaves I did not test.
5) However, general stuff including food and metal does not:
There is a tooltip which says "drag and drop"
However, whatever I try to drag and drop, it does not let itself be dragged. In the middle row there is a number which changes color if clicked, but I cannot change the number to any value. (Starting value is zero). The button trade on the bottom does not do anything I noticed.

Possibly this is just a misunderstanding, but right now it feels for me as if drag and drop is intended but does not work.

tageborg

I'm also running Ubuntu 64 bit, but 13.10 rather than 12.10 (are you sure it's 12.10 you are running? LTS is 12.04). The 64 bit version of Rimworld 0.250 works fine for me with regards to trading.

Did you try dragging the number in the middle column?

There are quite a few videos on Youtube where trading is done, amongst others, this one (IIRC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6buo7G1OZw. Did you check those to see that you are doing it the same way?

NoSoAna

Thanks for the response. I tried any number of things, not sure if dragging the middle column was part of it. (And: yes, its 12.10 - will update soonish)

I will try again this evening... just like described in the video.

Edit: OK, it works ... sort of. UI design has reached DF levels.

enystrom8734

The UI will most likely evolve with time. I am going to mark this as resolved not a bug. PM if you feel it is still an issue.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734